Im Won-hee is a veteran actor in South Korea. He was born in South Korea on October 11, 1970. He made his debut in 1998 with an appearance in Jang’s black comedy The Happenings. Though, before his appearance in The Happenings, he had already acted in a theater production of Romeo and Juliet. Im was an alumnus of the legendary Daehak-ro theater troupe Mokhwa (목화), starring in many of Jang Jin’s stage plays.
Im Won-hee has appeared in 37 movies since his first movie in 1998. He has also acted in 10 dramas since his debut.
Im Won-hee’s Profile
Name: Im Won-hee (임원희)
Birthdate: October 11, 1970
Height: 175 cm or 5’9”
Im Won-hee’s Drama List
Im Won-hee has appeared in 10 dramas since his debut in 1998. Although he made his debut in 1998, he made his first appearance in a drama in 2006. His first drama is called Coma. He played the character Detective Choi. Four years after his debut in drama, he took another role in a drama called Legend of the Patriots. In 2011, he played Jong-man in KBS’s drama special Lethal Move. In 2012, he appeared in two dramas, Salamander Guru and the Shadows and Syndrome.
His latest drama is Wok of Love. This drama tells a story of love and survival with a focus on a star chef who fell from the top chef position in the best Chinese restaurant in Korea to a local diner down on its luck. Im acted as Wang Chun-soo, the main chef in Hotel Giant’s Chinese restaurant.
Do you want to know all of his dramas? Check the list below.
- Wok of Love (SBS, 2018) – Wang Chun-soo
- Strong Girl Bong-soon (JTBC, 2017) – Baek Soo-tak
- Dr. Romantic (SBS, 2016) – Jang Gi-tae
- You’re All Surrounded (SBS, 2014) – Cha Tae-ho
- Dating Agency: Cyrano (tvN, 2013) – Kim Chul-soo (guest appearance, ep 10-12)
- Syndrome (JTBC, 2012) – Oh Gwang-hee
- Salamander Guru and The Shadows (SBS, 2012) – Won-sam
- Drama Special “Lethal Move” (KBS2, 2011) – Jong-man
- Legend of the Patriots (KBS1, 2010) – Kim Joon-beom
- Coma (OCN, 2006) – Detective Choi
Im Won-hee’s Movie List
Im Won-hee started his career in movies in 1998. At that time, he acted as a gangster in a movie called The Happenings. Since then, he has shot 37 movies. He got his name as a veteran actor in South Korea because of his outstanding acting skill. He got his popularity due to his role in a movie called Dachimawa Lee. The movie is about the legendary Korean spy Dachimawa Lee who is assigned to recover the fabled Golden Buddha statue. The movie was ranked 4th at the box office.
His latest movie is Snatch Up, a Korean action comedy movie. He acted as Loan shark Baek.
Do you want to know all of his movies? Check the list below.
- Snatch Up (2018) – Loan shark Baek
- Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds (2017) – Judge
- The Advocate: A Missing Body (2015) – Office manager Park
- Three Summer Nights (2015) – Dal-soo
- Makgeolli Girls (2015) – Jang-ddol
- My Dear Girl, Jin-young (2013) – OB/GYN doctor (cameo)
- Horror Stories 2 (2013) – teacher (short film “The Escape”)
- Rockin’ on Heaven’s Door (2013) – Bong-shik
- Happiness for Sale (2013) – man at city hall stealing coins (cameo)
- I Am the King (2012) – Hae-goo
- Mr. Idol (2011) – Park Sang-shik
- Officer of the Year (2011) – Ph.D Ko
- Romantic Heaven (2011) – Detective Kim
- The Quiz Show Scandal (2010) – Lee Joon-sang
- A Barefoot Dream (2010) – Director Poong
- Republic of Korea 1% a.k.a. Miss Staff Sergeant (2010) – Wang Jong-pal
- Short! Short! Short! 2009: Show Me the Money (2009) – (short film “Neo-Liberal Man”)
- Dachimawa Lee (2008) – Dachimawa Lee
- Le Grand Chef (2007) – Bong-joo
- M (2007) – Sung-woo
- Punch Strike (2007) – Kwang-gyun
- Happy Killing a.k.a. Femme Fatale (2007) – Du-chan
- Crying Fist (2005) – Won-tae
- Lovely Rivals (2004) – man in TV drama (cameo)
- Three… Extremes (2004) – intruder (short film “Cut”)
- Silmido (2003) – Won-hee
- No Comment (2002) – theater exam taker (“gosi-saeng”) / national assembly member 1
- Fun Movie (2002) – Hwangbo
- No Blood No Tears (2002) – Haepari (“jellyfish”)
- This Is Law a.k.a. Out of Justice (2001) – Bong Soo-chul
- Guns & Talks (2001) – priest
- Coming Out (short film, 2000) – tutor
- Taxi of Terror (2000) – policeman 1
- Dachimawa Lee (short film, 2000) – Dachimawa Lee
- Die Bad (2000) – Detective Lee
- The Spy (1999) – taxi hijacker 3
- The Happenings (1998) – gangster 1