Who are iKON and when did they debut?
iKON is YG Entertainment’s latest boy group who debuted in 2015. They were introduced to the public for the first time as Team B with six members during YG’s survival program WIN: Who Is Next. Unfortunately, they didn’t win the show and had to wait a little more to debut. But, they had to participate in another YG survival program titled Mix’n Match to decide the members of the final line-up of iKON.
As the result of the program, all six members of Team B plus member Jung Chanwoo were chosen to debut and promote as iKON. The members had gone through a lot of hardship, including being left by the leader B.I, who departed from the group in June 2019. Despite being left by their leader, all of their hard work finally paid off as now they are known as a talented boy group and they have many fans. But, do you know who the members of iKON are, exactly? Let’s find out more about the iKON members, here!
iKON official accounts and members’ profiles
Since the members don’t have their personal social media accounts, iKON uses these sites below to keep in touch with the fans. Let’s follow them here:
Full profile of Bobby (Kim Jiwon)
- Birth name: Kim Jiwon
- Stage name: Bobby
- Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist, Face of the Group
- Date and Place of Birth: December 21st, 1995, in Seoul, South Korea (but grew up in Virginia, United States)
- Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
- Height: 180 cm
- Weight: 65 kg
- Age: 24 y.o.
- Blood Type: O
- Religion: Christian
- Family: Parents and one older brother
- Favorite things: Winnie the Pooh
- Languages: Korean, English, and Japanese
- Instruments: Guitar, drum, piano
- Hobbies: Playing basketball
- Ideal type: A strong girl like Wonder Woman who always does her best and likes to wear red clothes.
Interesting facts about Bobby (Kim Jiwon)
- Bobby joined YG Entertainment in early 2011 in New York.
- Bobby participated in Show Me The Money 3 and became the first and only idol to win the show. Then he used the money he won to buy a house in Korea for his parents.
- He has a tattoo on his back, and it says “Fear only God, hate only sins.”
- Bobby’s treasured item is his basketball uniform.
- Bobby sleeptalks.
- Western foods like hamburgers and pizza are his favorite foods.
- When he was a child, his dream was to have the power of being invisible.
- Bobby has appeared in several MVs including HI SUHYUN’s “I’m Different” MV and Taeyang’s “Ringa Linga” MV.
- Bobby who wants to release his own explicit music and lyrics but is unable to do so due to YG restrictions is a Winnie The Pooh lover. Nevertheless, in 2017 he released his first solo album Love and Fall.
- Leaving clothes all over the floor is one of his habits.
- It is said that Bobby is an absolute Mama’s boy, thus the first time he joined YG in 2011 he found it hard to leave his family.
- Bobby is the mood ‘light bulb’ in the group for he brings warmth to the group.
- Though he is good at rapping, he prefers singing because he thinks it touches people’s hearts more.
- Bobby is not only good at speaking English, but he is also good at cracking an apple in half within 3 seconds.
Full profile of Jay (Kim Jinhwan)
- Birth Name: Kim Jinhwan
- Stage Name: Jay (formerly known as Jinhwan)
- Position: Lead Dancer, Lead Vocalist
- Date and Place of Birth: February 7th, 1994, in Jeju-do, South Korea
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Height: 165 cm
- Weight: 55 kg
- Age: 26 y.o.
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: Christian
- Family: Parents and one older sister, Seiyeon, with a 6-year gap.
- Favorite things: Wine
- Languages: Korean, Japanese, and English
- Instruments: Guitar
- Hobbies: Swimming and drinking
- Education: Jejuseo Middle School
- Ideal type: A girl who is shorter than him and loves him a lot
Interesting facts about Jay (Kim Jinhwan)
- Jay joined YG Entertainment in early 2011.
- Seven months before he debuted, Jay lived in the Philippines.
- Jay’s mother is an entrepreneur and a violinist.
- He can imitate girl groups’ facial expressions.
- Jay cries easily.
- He is known to be very flirtatious with fans and the staff.
- Even though he is the oldest in the group, he looks like the maknae because of his height and cute face.
- Although Jay is a multilinguist since he can speak Japanese, Tagalog, Mandarin, and English, he is having trouble speaking in public when he feels nervous.
- Among the members, he is the one who can cook well and he is also the one who spends the most money.
- Do you think it’s a coincidence? According to YG, Jay who appeared in Taeyang’s “Ringa Linga” MV is considered as the next Taeyang.
- Jay has 9 tattoos: “renaître de ses cendres” (meaning “Reborn from the ashes”) (Upper right arm), IIVIIIIXIXIV (his birthday) (Upper left arm), A bird (left side, from his back to his chest), In The Lap of God (left shoulder), Atom (Upper left arm), A chain (right ankle), Cross (left clavicle), 2 Stars (Upper right arm).
- The other members think that Jay is a narcissist because he thinks that everyone likes him.
- It is in line with the fact that Jay claims his charm is everything. He even said that he feels handsome during the sunlight that gets through his red-wine curtains in the morning.
- Jay’s room is the room that is mostly visited by other members yet he often throws them out.
- If you want to dress him up, there’s an online game for it.