Who Is GFriend?
GFriend is a famous Korean girl group formed by Source Music Agency in 2015. The group consists of six members: Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, SinB and Umji. GFriend made their first debut on January 15, 2015 (Season of Glass). GFriend released the five-track debut of Season of Glass with the promotional track “Glass Bead”. “Glass Bead” was composed by Seo Yong Bae and Iggy. This song was successful at getting a high rank on Gaon’s weekly chart, KBS’s music program, and ranked number nine in the top ten most viewed k-pop videos around the world in January 2015. After they released the first album in the beginning of 2015, GFriend released their second EP (Flower Bud) with the promotional track “Me Gustas Tu”.
Almost one year after debuting, GFriend made headlines by gaining several achievements and nominations. On September 17, 2015, GFriend was nominated in the 2015 MTV Europe Music Awards in the category of Best Korean Act. They release their third EP Snowflake with the track “Rough”. The concept of this song is GFriend’s High School Concept trilogy with “Glass Bead” and “Me Gustas Tu”. In this year, during their fan meeting, GFriend released their fandom name, Buddy. There is good news for all of Buddy. This year (2018), GFriend started the year by conducting their first solo concert with the title Season of GFriend on January 6 and 7, 2018. So, are you curious to know more about the biography of each member of GFriend? Here are the full profiles of GFriend’s members.
GFriend’s Yerin: Profile and Facts
Real Name: Jung Ye Rin/정예린
Stage Name: Yerin/예린
Position: Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Center or Face of the Group
Date of Birth: August 19, 1996, in Incheon
Age: 21 years old (2017)
Height: 168 cm (5’6”)
Weight:47 kg (103 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Hobby: Listening to music, dancing, and exercising
Interesting Facts About Yerin
- The position of Yerin in GFRIEND is mainly sub-vocalist. Besides that, she is also the lead dancer and face of GFriend.
- Among the members, Yerin does not have an official social media account like Instagram and Twitter. If you want to keep up to date about Yerin, you can always contact her at @gfriendofficial Instagram.
- Yerin attended the School of Performing Arts Seoul.
- She lives together with her soulmate So Won, and she likes to spend time with all the GFriend members.
- Before joining GFriend, she used to be a trainee at Cube Entertainment.
- She loves to dance, and her hobbies include working out.
- In an interview, she mentioned her ideal type. Her ideal type is a man like Lee Hyun Woo.
GFriend’s Eunha: Profile and Facts
Real Name: Jung Eunbi/정은비
Stage Name: Eunha/은하
Position: Lead Vocalist
Date of Birth: May 30, 1997, in Seoul
Age: 20 years old (2017)
Height: 163 cm (5’5”)
Weight: 46 kg (101 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Hobby: Watching movies and culinary programs
Interesting Facts About Eunha
- Eunha graduated from the School of Performing Arts Seoul.
- Before joining the group, she was a trainee for a year at CJ Entertainment.
- When the members were asked about their ideal type of man, she stated that she really likes a crush. Her ideal type is someone like Jo Jung Suk.
- She shares an apartment with her group mates SinB, Umji, and Juju.
- She is ambitious. Eunha really wanted a successful career as an actress. Therefore, she is working hard to be a professional at acting.
- Aside from acting, she is very confident about her voice as well.
GFriend’s Sin B: Profile and Facts
Real Name: Hwang Eun Bi/황은비
Stage Name: Sin B/신비
Position: Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Visual or Face of the Group
Date of Birth: June 3, 1998, in Cheongju
Age: 19 years old (2017)
Height: 167 cm (5’6”)
Weight: 46 kg (101 lbs)
Blood Type: AB
Hobby: Reading webtoons, exercising, and dancing
Interesting Facts About Sin B
- Hwang Eun Bi, also known as SinB, is a singer and dancer from South Korea.
- In the past, she attended the School of Performing Arts Seoul.
- Those around her say she is charismatic, happy, and spreads good vibes all around her.
- Besides music activities, she has appeared on various TV programs including Weekly Idol, The Show, Hello Counselor, Music Core, The Fairies in My Arms, and many more.
- Her favorite group is Big Bang; she stated in an interview that she loves both the music and the members’ personalities as well.
- Her role model in the industry is G-Dragon.
- She loves to dance and act.
- Some people say she looks like Jessica Jung.