About K-Pop CNBLUE
CN BLUE which stands for Code Name Blue (Korean: 씨엔블루), is a 4 member boy band under FNC Entertainment that was formed in 2009. CN is the initialism for Code Name, while BLUE is a backronym for burning, lovely, untouchable, and emotional; it is meant to portray the images of Jonghyun, Minhyuk, Jungshin, and Yonghwa, respectively.
CN Blue has been a bastion of rock in a music scene dominated by danceable electro-pop and got started in Japan before becoming popular in South Korea. Much like their K-pop colleagues, CN Blue has gone from a group of nobodies to superstars almost overnight after successfully debuting with their catchy lead single “I’m a Loner“. They debuted on January 14, 2010 and their fan club is named Boice. (Facebook : CN Blue Official)
Jung Yong Hwa Profile
Full Name : Jung Yong Hwa (정용화)
Stage Name : Yonghwa
Nickname : Yong
Position : Lead Vocal, Guitar, Leader, Face of The Group
Birthday : June 22, 1989
Birth Place : Seoul, South Korea
Origin : Busan, South Korea
Height : 180 cm
Weight : 63 kg
Blood Type : A
Hobbies : Listening to music, Playing the piano, Playing the guitar
Instruments : Guitar, Clarinet, Piano, Drums, Recorder, Synthesizer, Beatbox, Flute, Bass Guitar
Education : Namsan High School, Kyung Hee Cyber University
Languages : Korean
Fans : Emotional Angels
|2017||Cook Up a Storm||Chef Ahn Paul||Debut Movie|
|2009||SBS||You’re Beautiful||Kang Shin-woo|
|2012||SBS||A Gentleman’s Dignity||Himself||Cameo (Episode 13)|
|2013||KBS2||Marry Him If You Dare||Park Se-joo|
|2014||tvN||The Three Musketeers||Park Dal-hyang|
|2017||jTBC||The Package||San Ma-roo|
Variety and Reality Show
|2009-2010||MBC||Korea Ecosystem Rescue Centre: Hunters||Main cast|
|2010||Eco House||Main cast|
|2010-2011||We Got Married||Main cast||with Seohyun|
|SBS||Inkigayo||Host||with Sulli and Jo Kwon|
|Night After Night||Host||with Daesung, UEE etc.|
|2015||Mnet||Hologram||Himself||Solo debut reality show|
|2017||O’live / tvN||Island Trio||Cast member|
|KBS||Syndrome Man||Cast member|
– He had debuted before his group did, becoming the first member of CNBLUE to appear on the television screen.
– His family consists of his parents and a brother, who is four years older.
– He moved to Busan in 1991 and lived there through high school, where he first began composing music. After taking his college entrance exam, he moved back to Seoul, where he joined FNC Music. In 2009, Jung left for Japan to study music with his bandmates. While there, they did street performances and released independent albums.
– He is not good at verbally expressing what he truly feels. But when he writes lyrics he feels like his emotions come out better.
– In his spare time he writes and composes music.
– His motto is “Power of positiveness”.
– Though he is the oldest and the leader, he is a big jokester and is the prankster of CN Blue (aka “Yong Choding”).
– When he was a student he was good at English and Gym, but was poor at Math. He was also in the top 10 of his class.
– He hates goldfish, bees, and cockroaches.
– He was ‘married’ to SNSD‘s Seohyun in the reality show “We Got Married”.
– He wrote the rap lyrics to “Love Light” while thinking of Seohyun.
– Minhyuk said that Yonghwa takes very good care of his dongsaengs. Once when he had a stomachache, Yonghwa gave him a stomach massage.
– It was also reported by BIGBANG‘s Seungri that once when CN Blue went shopping, he paid for all the members’ items.
– He loved to listen to NSYNC and The Backstreet Boys when he was in middle school.
– He is very interested in design and loves to shop.
– He once said that he can’t tell a girl “Let’s part” to break up.
Lee Jong Hyun Profile
Full Name : Lee Jong Hyun (이종현)
Stage Name : Jonghyun
Nickname : Ulzzang baby, Grandfather
Position : Guitarist, Vocalist
Birthday : May 15, 1990
Birth Place : Busan, South Korea
Origin : Busan, South Korea
Height : 182 cm
Weight : 64 kg
Blood Type : O
Hobbies : Listening to music, Exercising
Instruments : Guitar, Piano, Bass Guitar, and Harmonica
Education : Songdo Elementary School, Songdo Middle School, Seoul Performing Art High School, Kyung Hee Cyber University
Languages : Korean, Japanese
Fans : Burning Souls
|2010||Acoustic||Kim Seong-won||segment: Bakery Attack|
|2012||SBS||A Gentleman’s Dignity||Collin Black|
|2013||KBS2||Drama Special – Adolescence Medley||Yang Yeong-woong||Cameo, Ep 2-3|
|2014||LINE TV||One Sunny Day||Couple guy||Cameo, Ep 4 & 8|
|2015||KBS2||Orange Marmalade||Han Si-hoo|
|2017||NAVER TVcast, Netflix||My Only Love Song||On Dal||Lead Role|
|KBS2||Lingerie Girls’ Generation||Joo Young-choon|
Variety and Reality Show
|2015||We Got Married||MBC||Cast member (with Gong Seung-yeon)|
|Fluttering India||KBS||Cast member|
|2017||King of Mask Singer||MBC||Contestant as “All Together Cube One Wheel” (Episodes 101–102)|
– He is CN Blue‘s 2nd leader.
– He has composed many of CN Blue’s songs.
– He is ironically good friends with SHINee‘s Jonghyun.
– He was an ulzzang at “BESTNINE” alongside Mblaq’s Lee Joon, fellow member Jung Yong-hwa, and Block B’s Jaehyo before debut.
– His family consists of his parents and two older sisters. He lived in Busan before his family moved to Japan when he was four years old. His family moved back to Busan and he finished his elementary school and middle school there.
– The talent scouter from FNC Music (currently known as FNC Entertainment) who visited Busan, came across Lee in the street, and suggested that he audition at the company. On his way to his audition, he met his current fellow CNBLUE member Jung at the Seoul Station. They then met Kang Min-hyuk, also a current fellow member of CNBLUE, at FNC Music where they auditioned. Eventually, only the three of them passed the auditions and Lee began training in bass technology at FNC Academy.
– His idol is Kim Bum Soo and he actually had the chance to meet him after debuting in Korea.
– He is very touchy–feely.
– He wears a lot of training wear from Addias.
– His ideal girl is someone who looks good in a simple white shirt and jeans.
– His ideal type is actress Son Ye Jin.
– He has a black belt in both Taekwondo and Judo.
– Before Jonghyun embarked on his musical career, he was a judo athlete who won a gold medal in a judo championship amongst athletes in his hometown when he was in high school. However, he decided to give up on sports upon realizing that this was not the field that he would excel in after losing in a match in just a few seconds. He then started to focus on music.
– He says if he wasn‘t a singer he would have been an athlete.
– He is the most reliable and trusted member among CN Blue.
– Among all the songs that he has composed in CN Blue, he is most satisfied with “Lie“.
– He shakes his legs before going to the stage when he is nervous.
– He can’t help speaking in his Busan accent when he gets excited.
– He thinks he is most handsome after taking a bath.
– He was in the movie “Acoustic“. He said it was an easy role for him because playing guitar and being a singer is his everyday life.