Who are CNBLUE and when did they debut?
CN BLUE, which stands for Code Name Blue (Korean: 씨엔블루), is a 4-member boy band under FNC Entertainment that was formed in 2009. CN is the initialism for Code Name, while BLUE is a backronym for burning, lovely, untouchable, and emotional; it is meant to portray the images of Jonghyun, Minhyuk, Jungshin, and Yonghwa, respectively.
CN Blue has been a bastion of rock in the music scene dominated by danceable electro-pop and got started in Japan before becoming popular in South Korea. Much like their K-Pop colleagues, CN Blue has gone from a group of nobodies to superstars almost overnight after successfully debuting with their catchy lead single “I’m a Loner.” They debuted on January 14th, 2010, and their fan club is named Boice. (Facebook: CN Blue Official)
Full profile of Jung Yong Hwa
Full Name: Jung Yong Hwa (정용화)
Stage Name: Yonghwa
Position: Lead Vocal, Guitar, Leader, Face of The Group
Date of Birth: June 22nd, 1989
Age: 31 years old
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Origin: Busan, South Korea
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 63 kg
Blood Type: A
Hobbies: Listening to music, playing the piano, playing the guitar
Instruments: Guitar, Clarinet, Piano, Drums, Recorder, Synthesizer, Beatbox, Flute, Bass Guitar
Education: Namsan High School, Kyung Hee Cyber University
Fans: Emotional Angels
|2017||Cook Up a Storm||Chef Ahn Paul||Debut Movie|
|2009||SBS||You’re Beautiful||Kang Shin-woo|
|2012||SBS||A Gentleman’s Dignity||Himself||Cameo (Episode 13)|
|2013||KBS2||Marry Him If You Dare||Park Se-joo|
|2014||tvN||The Three Musketeers||Park Dal-hyang|
|2017||jTBC||The Package||San Ma-roo|
Variety and Reality Shows
|2009-2010||MBC||Korea Ecosystem Rescue Centre: Hunters||Main cast|
|2010||Eco House||Main cast|
|2010-2011||We Got Married||Main cast||with Seohyun|
|SBS||Inkigayo||Host||with Sulli and Jo Kwon|
|Night After Night||Host||with Daesung, UEE, etc.|
|2015||Mnet||Hologram||Himself||Solo debut reality show|
|2017||O’live / tvN||Island Trio||Cast member|
|KBS||Syndrome Man||Cast member|
Fun facts about Jung Yong Hwa
- He had debuted before his group did, becoming the first member of CN BLUE to appear on the television screen.
- His family consists of his parents and a brother, who is four years older.
- He moved to Busan in 1991 and lived there through high school, where he first began composing music. After taking his college entrance exam, he moved back to Seoul, where he joined FNC Music. In 2009, Jung left for Japan to study music with his bandmates. While there, they did street performances and released independent albums.
- He is not good at verbally expressing what he truly feels. But when he writes lyrics he feels like his emotions come out better.
- In his spare time, he writes and composes music.
- His motto is “Power of positiveness.”
- Though he is the oldest and the leader, he is a big jokester and is the prankster of CN Blue (aka Yong Choding).
- When he was a student he was good at English and Gym, but was poor at Math. He was also in the top 10 of his class.
- He hates goldfish, bees, and cockroaches.
- He was ‘married’ to SNSD’s Seohyun in the reality show We Got Married.
- He wrote the rap lyrics to “Love Light” while thinking of Seohyun.
– Minhyuk said that Yonghwa takes very good care of his dongsaengs. Once when he had a stomachache, Yonghwa gave him a stomach massage.
- It was also reported by BIG BANG’s Seungri that once when CN Blue went shopping, he paid for all the members’ items.
- He loved to listen to NSYNC and The Backstreet Boys when he was in middle school.
- He is very interested in design and loves to shop.
- He once said that he can’t tell a girl “Let’s part” to break up.
- Yong Hwa entered the military service in March 2018 in the 702nd Special Assault Regiment – Second Corps. He finished last year, and he came back with the other team members after more than three years of hiatus.
- Yong Hwa said military enlistment has helped him get out of his insomnia. He revealed this during Problem Child in the House Reality Show, where the program invited them.
- Military enlistment has made Yong Hwa more productive. He also composed the song titled “Then, Now, and Forever” during his military service.
- Fans knew Yonghwa most after starring in a drama with Jang Geun Seuk and Park Shin Hye, You’re Beautiful.
- Yong Hwa’s favorite colors are Black, Blue, Silver, and Gold, and he loves shoes very much.