The Talented South Korean Actor, Cho Jae-hyun
Cho Jae Hyun is a South Korean actor under the agency CS Actors. He has been in many movies and TV dramas since the early 1990s. He is a senior actors who is still active even now. Let’s learn more about Cho Jae-hyun!
Profile of Cho Jae-hyun and Facts
Cho Jae-hyun’s Profile
- Name: Cho Jae-Hyun
- Place, date of birth: Seoul, June 30, 1965
- Height: 172 cm
- Weight: 65 kg
- Star sign: Cancer
- Blood type: A
- Education: Kyungsung University (Bachelor Degree in Theater and Film Major)/ Chung-Ang University (Master Degree in Performing and Visual Media Major)
- Hobbies: Golf and boxing
Fun Facts about Cho Jae-hyun
- Cho Jae-hyun is good at cooking.
- Since he has starred as leading and supporting characters in almost all films directed by Kim, Cho Jae-hyun is also known as “director Kim Ki Duk’s persona.”
- Cho Jae-hyun and his family lived in a poor neighborhood until his father became successful with his restaurant business in the Jongno area, Seoul.
- Cho Jae-hyun said he was a rebellious boy who liked to wandering outside of a home.
- He wanted to be a painter. He also tried to enter an art high school, but failed.
- When Cho Jae-hyun entered another high school, he ran away from home to Busan. When he was in Busan, he even worked as a waiter, and studied on his own. But after he failed to pass a qualification exam equivalent to obtaining a high school diploma, he returned to Seoul to finish his high school year.
- Cho Jae-hyun started dedicating himself to acting after his junior in school asked him the question, “What would you do after the graduation from the school?”
- After graduation, Cho Jae-hyun was selected as a TV actor by KBS.
- Not only an actor, Cho Jae-hyun is also a chairman. Since 2009, he is the chairman of the Gyeonggi Film Council and executive festival director of the DMZ International Documentary Film Festival. In 2010, he became the chairman of the Gyeonggi Arts Center.
- Cho Jae-hyun also teaches as an associate professor at Sungshin Women’s University’s College of Convergence Culture and Arts since 2012, and has been an associate professor at Kyungsung University’s Department of Theater and Film since 2014.
List of Cho Jae-hyun’s Dramas
|1989||The Tree of Love||N/A|
|1990||Love on a Jujube Tree||N/A|
|The Age of Ambition||Little Brother of Yu In Chon|
|Woman’s Man||Park Tae Hyeon|
|Joy Amidst Sadness||N/A|
|Love and Friendship||Soon Goo|
|1994||MBC Best Theater “A Meeting with the Perfect Man”||N/A|
|The Way to You||N/A|
|MBC Best Theater “Human Decency”||N/A|
|You Said You Love Me||N/A|
|Railing on Fire||N/A|
|1998||Legendary Ambition||Ma Dal-soo|
|Like the Wind, Like the Waves||N/A|
|MBC Best Theater “Jeondeungsa”||N/A|
|School 2||Cho Jae-hyun|
|Happy Together||Jo Pil-doo|
|Did You Ever Love?||Shin Deok-bae|
|School 3||Cho Jae-hyun|
|2005||Hong Kong Express||Kang Min-soo|
|Smile of Spring Day||Im Dae-beom|
|2007||New Heart||Choi Kang-gook|
|Sent from Heaven||Geum Bo-hwa’s
|2013||Scandal: A Shocking and Wrongful Incident||Ha Myung-geun|
|2014||Jeong Do-jeon||Jeong Do-jeon|
|2015||Take Care of My Dad||Cho Jae-hyun|
|2016||Master – God of Noodles||Kim Gil-do|
|Solomon’s Perjury||Han Kyung-moon|
List of Cho Jae-hyun’s Films
|1988||I Love You (short film)||N/A|
|1991||Portrait of the Days of Youth||N/A|
|1992||Sorrow Like a Withdrawn Dagger, Left My Heart||Jae-ho|
|1995||The Eternal Empire||Lee In-mong|
|1997||Wind Echoing in My Being||Young man|
|1998||Girls’ Night Out||Yong-jak|
|Spring in My Hometown||N/A|
|1999||The Face||Kim Jae-mok|
|2001||Prison World Cup||Question|
|Address Unknown||Dog Eyes|
|2003||Sword in the Moon||Yoon Gyu-yup|
|2004||Mokpo the Harbor||Lee Su-cheol|
|Father and Son: The Story of Mencius||Maeng Man-su|
|Love, So Divine||Cathedral construction worker (cameo)|
|2007||Puff the Rice (short film)||Jae-won|
|Beyond the Years||Dong-ho|
|The Executioner||Bae Jong-ho|
|2010||The Influence||King Gojong|
|2011||The Kick||Master Mun|
|2012||The Weight||Mr. Jung/Han Hae-woon|
|2013||El Condor Pasa||Father Park|
|2014||The Fatal Encounter||Gwang-baek|
|2015||A Korean in Paris||Sang-ho|
|2016||Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River||Seong Dae-ryeon|
All About Cho Jae-hyun’s Family: Wife, Son, and Daughter
In 1989, when Cho Jae-hyun was 24 years old, he married Kim Ji-sook, his girlfriend from university. Her wife was an anchor for the university TV. Currently, they have one daughter and son.
His son, Cho Su-hun is a short track speed skater. At the 2008 Korean National Winter Sports Festival, Cho Su-hun won a gold medal for the 500-meter speed skate competition for male university students.
While his daughter, Cho Hye-jung is following Cho Jae-hyun’s footsteps in the entertainment industry as an actress. She has starred in many successful dramas, such as “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo”, “Cinderella and Four Knights”, and “Because It’s the First Time”.
Cho Jae-hyun and his daughter once appeared together on SBS’ TV show “Take Care of My Dad.” In the show, they revealed their daily life activities. Cho Hye-jung revealed that she is happy just to be able to be with her father.
So, what do you think about Cho Jae-hyun? Not only starring in dramas and movies, he also has many roles in his real life as an actor, a chairman, an associate professor, a husband, and a father. He is indeed a multi talented man, right? From now on, let’s watch his dramas or movies and keep supporting him!