Lisa’s profile and facts
- Real Name: Pranpriya Manoban/Lalisa Manoban
- Stage Name: Lisa (리사)
- Nickname: Lallice, Nallalisa, Jolisa, Laliz, Pokpak
- Date of Birth: March 27th, 1997
- Nationality: Thai
- Height: 166 cm (5’5”)
- Weight: ± 46 kg (101 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
- Siblings: None
- Training Time: Five years and three months
Pre-debut career experience:
- Female Model for YG’s fashion brand NONA9ON’s CF with iKon’s Bobby and B.I
Fun facts about BLACKPINK’s Lisa:
- Lisa was born in Buriram Province, and moved to Bangkok, Thailand at the age of three.
- Lisa is an only child, according to SBS’ Cultwo Show (July 6th, 2017).
- Lisa has a stepfather whose career is a top certified Swiss chef in Thailand. Her stepfather’s name is Marco Brueschweiler.
- Lisa’s real name was Pranpriya and her friends called her by the nickname Pockpack. It was changed to Lalisa after a fortune-telling. (Lalisa means the one who is praised.)
- Lisa is a Buddhist.
- Lisa can speak four languages, namely Thai, Korean, English, and Japanese.
- She was the only person accepted to YG in the YG Audition in Thailand in 2010 and instantly moved to South Korea. She became a trainee during middle school.
- She trained for five years and three months (2011 April).
- According to all members and staff, Lisa is the most different on-stage vs off-stage. Members said Lisa is really playful and mischievous off-stage.
- Lisa is referred to as the “Thailand Princess” in her birthplace.
- She is the number one most followed K-Pop idol on Instagram. (May 2019).
- Lisa and Rose are the first K-Pop girl group members to reach 1 million ‘likes’ on Instagram.
- Lisa was ranked 15th on The 100 Most Beautiful Faces Of 2017, and she was also ranked 9th on TC Candler’s The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2018, and then Lisa was ranked 3rd on TC Candler’s The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2019.
- Lisa appeared in Big Bang’s Taeyang’s “Ringa Linga” MV.
- Lisa is one of the cast members of the show Real Men 300.
- She acted in NONA9ON CF (2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017).
- She is a mentor for the third season of iQIYI’s Idol Producer in China.
- Lisa participated in the dance collaboration of the SBS Gayo Daejun 2016 with Shinee’s Taemin, BTS’ Jimin, NCT’s Ten, GOT7’s Yugyeom and Jinyoung, Red Velvet’s Seulgi, DIA’s Eunjin, and Oh My Girl’s YooA.
- She wants to participate in the dancing show Hit the Stage because she thinks that show is for Main Dancers like her (according to a Lisa interview in Japan).
- According to Parris Goebel, Lisa is the kind of dancer who isn’t made, but the kind who is naturally blessed.
- Lisa is voted as the best at aegyo in BLACKPINK.
- Lisa can play the ukulele. She can also play the guitar. (according to Lisa on LINE TV THAILAND).
- Lisa has four cats, named Leo, Luca, Lily, and Louis.
- Her favorite number is 27 because it’s her birthday.
- Lisa’s favorite food is french fries. Her favorite Korean dish is gamjatang (spicy pork spine soup). Her favorite cuisine is Japanese, and she loves sushi. (Blackpink House ep. 7) and her favorite drinks are sweet drinks.
- Lisa loves make-up a lot.
- Lisa and GOT7’s Bambam are childhood friends as they were both part of the dance crew named We Zaa Cool.
- Lisa’s also friends with CLC’s Sorn, NCT’s Ten, and (G)I-DLE’s Minnie.
- Lisa is part of the “Thai line”, a group chat consisting of GOT7’s BamBam, CLC’s Sorn, and NCT’s Ten.
- Lisa joined military, which was actually a reality show called Real Men 300.
- Lisa’s ideal type: she said she likes older guys, who can take good care of her. Also, she likes kindhearted men, who can cook and who have a lifestyle that fits hers.
Photos of BLACKPINK’s Lisa
Rose’s profile and facts
- Real Name: Park Chaeyoung
- English Name: Roseanne Park
- Stage Name: Rosé
- Nickname: Rosie, Pasta
- Date of Birth: February 11th, 1997
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 168 cm (5’6”)
- Weight: ± 47 kg (103 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Siblings: 1
- Training Time: Four years and two months
Pre-debut career experience:
- Collaborating with G-Dragon on a song titled “Without You”
Fun facts about BLACKPINK’s Rosé:
- She is Korean, but she was born in Auckland, New Zealand (according to Rosé during V Line; and according to Rosé during Radio star).
- Rosé was raised in Melbourne, Box Hill (Australia) and attended Canterbury Girls Secondary College.
- She has an older sister, named Alice.
- Rosé used to be a cheerleader when she was in Australia.
- When she was younger, Rosé joined a choir, singing in churches in Australia.
- She can speak Korean, English, Japanese.
- Rosé went back to Korea in 2012 after she passed an audition for YG Entertainment in Australia.
- Rosé placed first in the YG audition in Australia.
- She trained for four years and two months (2012 May).
- She collaborated with G-Dragon for the song “Without You.”
- G-Dragon said that he really likes Rosé’s voice when he did a collaboration with her back in 2012 and said that her voice is really unique.
- Rosé collaborated with 10cm, TWICE’s Jihyo, and EXO’s Chanyeol in the SBS Gayo Daejun Acoustic Stage 2016.
- Rosé appeared in the King Of Masked Singer and passed the first round, but unfortunately, she couldn’t pass the second round. She was really close, the votes were 50-49 but sadly, she couldn’t make it.
- Rosé was announced as the first global ambassador of Yves Saint Laurent (Fall 2020) in 59 years. (source:Elle Kr July 2020).
- Rosé’s solo ELLE issue is the most sold issue by a female artist and the second most sold by any artist. (source: Ktown4u).
- Rosé and Lisa are the first K-Pop girl group members to reach 1 million ‘likes’ on Instagram.
- Rosé was ranked 66th on TC Candler’s The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2019.
- Rosé’s role model is Gummy.
- Rosé is known for her unique voice and slim waist. Her stylist said that Rosé’s pants size is 24 (size 0) and Rosé’s waist is less than 24 inches.
- Rosé said that MC Jung Hyungdon resembles her father.
- Rosé is left-handed.
- Her favorite number is 5 and her favorite equation is 5×3=15.
- Her favorite color is blue.
- Rose can play the piano and guitar. She likes drawing. Her hobbies are playing the guitar and drawing.
- Rosé’s favorite Korean dish is kimchi and her favorite drinks are healthy drinks.
- Rosé has a pet fish called 주황이 (Joo-hwang), which means orange.
- Chaeyoung (Rosé) is close to Twice’s Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, with Red Velvet’s Joy and Yeri, Girls Day’s Hyeri. She is also close friends with Ladies Code‘s Ashley Choi. (According to Ashley on ‘International bnt’ interview).
- She is close to Anthony Vaccarello. (The artistic director of the Yves Saint Laurent house).
- Rosé is really close with BLACKLABEL producers Vince, Seungjoo, and Soonho. (source: Instagram live).
- Even though some netizens accused BLACKPINK did lip-syncing in their live performances, but Rosé’s amazing voice when they’re performing live showed that they didn’t.
- Rose’s ideal type: Someone nice and genuine, with a good/unique voice. She said there are many sunbaenims with great voices, but among them, Big Bang stand out. She also mentioned Gong Yoo as a celebrity close to her ideal type. (2 O’Clock Date).
Photos of BLACKPINK’s Rosé
All of the BLACKPINK members roles and positions
Each BLACKPINK member has her own abilities and uniqueness. This is what brought them a suitable position in BLACKPINK.
- Jennie’s position is as main rapper, lead vocalist, and center. She has something special in her rapping, vocal, dance, and aegyo (acting cutely)
- Jisoo’s position is as the lead vocalist and face of the group, she’s great at playing drums and piano
- Lisa holds positions as a lead rapper, main dancer, sub-vocalist, and maknae. B-boying and dancing are her specialties
- Rosé is the main vocalist and lead dancer of BLACKPINK. She’s great at imitating the sound of someone trapped inside a box, playing piano and guitar
How old are the members of BLACKPINK?
All BLACKPINK members look very beautiful, young, energetic, and shining. How old is each member?
- The oldest, Jisoo is now 25 years old, she was born in 1995
- The second oldest member is Jennie who was born in 1996 and now she is 24 years old
- Rosé is 23 years old and born in 1997
- The youngest, Lisa, is 23 years old and was born in 1997. The same year as Rosé, but Rosé was born a month earlier than Lisa
The waist size of BLACKPINK members
BLACKPINK members always look very stylish with their beautiful bodies. Can you guess their waist size? Are you curious? Let’s check it out!
- Although there is no actual data on measures of the waist of Jisoo, many believe it has a resemblance to Jennie’s, which is about 71 centimeters.
- Not much different from Lisa, who has a waist size of about 70 centimeters.
- Meanwhile, rumors have been circulating about Rosé’s slim waistline, which is about 48.26 centimeters, but she herself clarified in a television program that her stylist helped her check and it turned out that her waist is 60 centimeters.
BLACKPINK members’ religious beliefs
Many people are curious about the religious beliefs of BLACKPINK members.
- According to several sources, the only member confirmed to be Christian is Rosé. She was also a part of the church choir in her younger years in Australia before her debut, and is a frequent churchgoer.
- Lisa was born and brought up in Thailand, a place commonly known for the highly practiced Buddhism. While there are other religions practiced in Thailand, it was confirmed that Lisa is a Buddhist.
- The Unnie-line Jisoo and Jennie follows the non-religious faith.
BLACKPINK members’ Hangul names
If you are a K-Pop fan then Hangul is definitely very familiar to you. Hangul is the alphabet used in South Korea. Because BLACKPINK is a girl group from South Korea, of course, it can’t be separated from Hangul. BLACKPINK in Hangul can be written as 블랙 핑크 and this reads as Beullaec-ping-keu. Jennie’s name in Hangul is written 제니 and 제니 김 for Jennie Kim. Jisoo’s name can be written with 지수 and 김지수 for Kim Ji soo. The name Rosé written in Hangul is 로제 and 박채영 for Park Chae Young. Meanwhile, Lisa’s name can be written as 리사.
Who is the most popular BLACKPINK member?
As a group, BLACKPINK have become rapidly popular because they come from one of the biggest agencies in South Korea (YG Entertainment) and have a refreshing girl crush concept which is different in comparison with the other trending girl groups.
However, if we have to speak about which BLACKPINK member is the most popular, based on the latest (November 7th, 2020) Google Search popularity search terms worldwide the answer would be Lisa with popularity 100 %. Lisa won the 2019 Instagram Awards in Korea and was awarded the Most Beloved Person Award in 2019. She has the highest number of followers and is the most followed K-Pop artist on Instagram since 2018.
Another popular member of BLACKPINK is Jennie with a popularity of 70.83%. Jennie always tops Brand Reputation rankings in Korea. Brand reputation rankings are monthly rankings released by The Korean Business Research Institute (Korea Brand Reputation Center) determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, communication or interaction, and community. In 2018, Jennie was awarded the Most Engaged Account Award at the 2018 Instagram Korea Awards.
Rosé has the most followers on her Instagram account after Lisa and Jennie. She has a popularity of 41.34 %. Rosé was also given a special award as the Most Engaged Video Post on Instagram for the video of Rosé and Jennie enjoying Coachella. The video has more than 10.8 million views. She is also the Global Ambassador for YSL Saint Laurent.
Jisoo has the most followed Instagram account after Lisa, Jennie, and Rosé. She has a 3.27 % popularity. She also tops Korean brand reputation rankings following Jennie. Jisoo is also a Dior Beauty Ambassador.
The popularity of each member brought BLACKPINK to go international and won various achievements in the music industry. BLACKPINK managed to become the first K-Pop girl group to successfully bring home the Song of Summer Award at the 2020 MTV VMA. The song “How You Like That” brought BLACKPINK to another success, successfully shifting the position of the most-liked video on YouTube. “How You Like That” shifts “Senorita” by Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello.
Recently, BLACKPINK released their first full album titled The Album. BLACKPINK will also be releasing a documentary that will air on Netflix called Blackpink Light Up The Sky. They hope that fans can get to know them more deeply through this 1-hour-19-minutes documentary. Let’s look forward to BLACKPINK’s success in the future.
After reading the article about BLACKPINK, did you get all the information you wanted? Have you started getting interested in K-Pop? Don’t worry! To satisfy your curiosity, Channel-Korea is here to provide you with all the latest articles and news related to K-Pop, K-drama, and other relevant information about the South Korean entertainment industry. Everything you need is here. So, keep looking forward to the latest news from Channel-Korea, if you don’t want to miss the most recent and up-to-date information that you have been waiting for! See ya~