Let’s Get Closer To the Underrated South Korean Boy-Group “A.C.E”
A.C.E stands for (Adventure Calling Emotions; 에이스). The group is a new, rookie boy-band from Beat Interactive. The group has 5 handsome members, Donghun, WOW, Jun, Jason and Chan. The members of A.C.E have all trained at large agencies such as YG Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, and Jellyfish Entertainment.
A.C.E officially debuted on May 23, 2017, by launching a single titled “Cactus” on SBS MTV’s The Show. A.C.E has a fan club called “Choice” (초이스).
Here’s everything you need to know A.C.E — Profile and Facts for all 5 members.
A.C.E’s Group Profile
|Name||A.C.E ( Adventure Calling Emotions; 에이스 )|
|Debut||May 23, 2017|
|A.C.E Official Accounts:|
|Fan Color||Not Available|
A.C.E Members’ Profiles And Facts
Stage Name: Jun (준)
Birth Name: Park Jun-Hee (박준희)
Position: Leader, Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer
Birthday: June 02, 1994, South Korea
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height: 175 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 58 kg (127 lbs)
Blood Type: O
- Jun became interested in becoming a singer after seeing Rain perform
- Jun is a Ex-Trainee Of Jellyfish Entertainment
- He was trained together with VIXX members
- Jun was a dancer at 1Million Dance Studio
- He practiced at CJ Entertainment for 3 years
- He appeared in I Can See Your Voice 4
- Jun became one of the main roles in the musical PESTE along with Jeongmin (BOYFRIEND)
Stage Name: Donghun (동훈)
Birth Name: Lee Dong-Hun (이동훈)
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: February 28, 1993, Gyeonggi-do – South Korea
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Height: 176 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 58 kg (127 lbs)
Blood Type: A
- He was born in Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
- Donghun has a brother. (CACTUS album Thanks to)
- Donghun’s mom also has a gift for music. She received the grand prize on a program called Dojeon Jubu Gayo Star, which inspired him to become a singer, too. (BNT interview)
- He attended Changhyun High School
- While he was in university, before going to the army, Donghoon made it to the TOP 10 in Superstar K5.
- He was in a group called Plan B.
- Pre-debut, he did covers of “Good for You” and “Heaven’s Door” with Eric Nam, using the Smule karaoke app.
- Donghun appeared on I Can See Your Voice 4 on Episode 4, and won the episode.
- He danced as a back dancer for Hi.Ni – clutch bag. He also appeared in its MV
- He appeared in the drama Persevere, Goo Hae-Ra as an idol in a group called IMPACT
- Donghun was in tvN’s I Need Romance and on Age of Youth 2 in 2014.
- He had a collaboration with Jang Won Ki for the song “Tonight”. (2016)
- Donghun also appeared in ABC Mart CF.
- They say that Donghun is the strongest member.
- Donghun said that he has the saddest voice and eyes in the group.
- When he was young, his nickname was Dongdong.
- His hobby is watching movies by himself, he likes to watch romantic movies.
- He said on Twitter that his favorite color is purple.
- When he was in university, Donghun was a vocal trainer for middle-schoolers (From Jason self cam before Mixnine audition).
- Donghun’s closest celebrity friend is the actor Kim Min Jae. (A.C.E Soulmate Challenge)
- Donghun likes to skateboard and play basketball. (QNA)
- Donghun participated in YG’s new survival program MIXNINE.
- At the end of MIXNINE he ranked 8th. (He was on the debuting team)
- Donghun & Wow share a room at the dorm.
Stage Name: Wow
Birth Name: Kim Se-Yoon (김세윤)
Position: Main Dancer, Main Rapper, Vocalist, Visual
Birthday: May 15, 1993, Jeolla-do, South Korea.
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height: 176 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
Blood Type: A
- He was born in Jeolla-do, South Korea.
- Wow has a younger sister, Kim Eun Suh (former SIXTEEN contestant and also a contestant in Idol School).
- He attended Plug In Music Academy (a.k.a Seungri Academy) before he entered YG.
- At 19, he auditioned in front of CEO Yang Hyun Suk and became a YG trainee, but he left after 1 year. (BNT interview)
- He dances for Timon Youn Choreography / Hug Me – Crush with Minjae + Timon Youn
- He appears in Lia Kim’s Sing Choreography 02 , along with Jun (Chan is in the back XD)
- In 2014, he danced as a back dancer for Hi.Ni – clutch bag. He also appeared in its MV
- Wow, Jun and Donghun, were in K-drama called Persevere, Goo Hae Ra. They made a short appearance as a K-pop group called Impact.
- He appeared on Age of Youth 2, along with the other A.C.E members.
- Wow is the girl group dancer in the group (he danced on Arirang radio).
- The members say that he has the most muscular legs (Arirang radio).
- Wow said he’s the best at keeping his face blank.
- Wow is good friends with BM from K.A.R.D.
- His hobbies are watching movies and shopping.
- His favorite colors are black and white.
- He likes badminton.
- Wow forgets dances fast (Twitter Q&A)
- Wow took part in YG’s new survival program MIXNINE.
- Wow ended MIXNINE ranked 11th. (He wasn’t in the debuting team)
- He helped write the lyrics of “Take Me Higher” (A.C.E’s 3rd comeback single).
- In the dorm, Wow & Donghun shares a room.
Stage Name: Kim Byeong-Kwan (formerly known as Jason)
Birth Name: Kim Byeong-Kwan (김병관)
Position: Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Rapper
Birthday: August 13, 1996, Ilsan – South Korea
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height: 174 cm (5’8.5″)
Weight: 57 kg (125 lbs)
Blood Type: A
- Jason was born in Ilsan
- Just like Jun, he was inspired to become a singer after seeing Rain appear
- He is an Ex-Trainee from JYP Entertainment
- He joined JYP after winning the 11th edition in 2014
- He trained with TWICE members until 2015
- Previously he was known as BK
- Favorite color: sky blue
- Languages: Korean and English
- The shortest member in the group
- He attended NY Dance School together with Kino (PENTAGON)
- Jason is friends with Yugyeom (GOT7). They have known since they were in middle school
Stage Name: Chan (찬)
Birth Name: Kang Yu-Chan (강유찬) (fans used to romanize it as Kang Yoo-Chan)
Position: Main Vocalist, Maknae
Birthday: December 31, 1997, Jeju Island – South Korea
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height: 177 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
Blood Type: O
- He was born in Jeju, South Korea.
- Chan has 2 brothers. (CACTUS album Thanks to)
- Education: Dong-Ah Institute of Media and Arts
- Although his parents had a record store, Chan didn’t want to become a singer at first. (BNT interview)
- From elementary school to middle school, he was a soccer player. (BNT interview)
- After entering high school, he enrolled in a dance club. (BNT interview)
- Chan was in JYP for 6 months with Jason.
- He was part of dance team called Alive87 (specialized in popping dance).
- They said Chan is the happiest member. (Airirang radio)
- Chan once cried while training with Donghun and Jason.
- Chan’s favorite color is yellow.
- Chan likes soccer.
- Chan’s ideal date is at an amusement park or going to a movie.
- Chan appeared on Sixth Sense Hit Show [JTBC] (he used a rabbit costume, and danced to H.O.T – Candy).
- Chan appeared in Twice’s Like Ooh Ahh MV, as a zombie with Stray Kids’ Chan.
- Chan was a MC for EBS2 tv Ginga Minga Aha Show.
- He appeared on Age of Youth 2 along with the other A.C.E members.
- He appeared on the drama Marry Me Now, as a high school student.
- Chan was participant onthe idol rebooting show The Unit (ended up 9th and will join the debuting team).
- Chan had his debut with UNB on April 7, 2018, so he’ll promote with them for a while.
- On August 6th 2018, he was involved in a minor car accident.
- Chan’s ideal type: Someone who he can share a conversation with and talk well with as he thinks communication is important.
Jun became a trainee at Jellyfish Entertainment with VIXX for a short time before becoming a trainee for three years with CJ E & M. He appeared in the 4th season of I Can See Your Voice in episode 7. Donghun competed in the Superstar K5 with the group Plan B, but was eliminated during the TOP8 and also appeared in the I Can See Your Voice 4th season in episode 4, where he won in the episode and was praised by JB from Got7 as well as the audience. Wow became a trainee at YG Entertainment at the age of 19 with Winner. He then moved to CJ E & M where he met Jun and Donghun. Jason participated in K-pop Star (season 1) but was eliminated during the final round of casting. Jason also became a trainee at JYP Entertainment, along with Chan.
2017 – Present: Debut And Survival Program
On May 23, 2017, A.C.E released their debut digital single album “Cactus”. They started their official debut stage at The Show on the same day. On September 18, 2017, it was announced that Jun joined the KBS The Unit event. Chan was later announced to be joining, as well. A.C.E released their second single album “Callin” on October 19, 2017. Jun and Chan auditioned for The Unit and successfully passed the audition, each receiving 4 boots.
Donghun, Wow, and Jason participated in MIXNINE’s survival event, where they passed the audition and received praise from Yang Hyun-suk for their appearance and ability. When the event ended, two of the three members were included in the men’s group TOP9: Jason (4th) and Donghun (8th), while Wow placed 11th, overall. It was revealed that the men’s group won the event with a score of 8.114, and will make their debut.
|Title||Details||Position Of The Charts||Sales|
|Title||Years||Position Of The Charts||Sales||Album|
|“Cactus” (선인장)||2017||—||21||N/A||Non-album singles|
|“—” means not on the chart or not released in the region.|
|2017||“Cactus”||Wan-tae Kim||Lia Kim, Koosung Jung @1MILLION Dance Studio|
|“Callin'”||Jungkook Lim||Koosung Jung, Jinwoo Yoon @1MILLION Dance Studio, A.C.E|
- Age of Youth 2 (JTBC, 2017)