Everything You Should Know About Former FT. Island Guitarist Choi Jong-hoon: Profile, Facts, Debut, and Controversies
Lately, there have been many events that have unfolded in the K-Pop industry. The sparkle and also the lives of idols who get a lot of praise from fans, do not necessarily make them public figures with good personalities like those often seen in front of the camera. There are also people who have been involved in scandals and controversies, one of which is a former member of F.T. Island, which is Choi Jong-hoon.
His name is getting famous because a news report has revealed that several Korean idols and singers were involved in a very large case of sexual harassment. After being confirmed as the harasser, many fans were disappointed in Choi Jong-hoon because he turned out to have such a personality.
Then, what is he doing now? Let’s take a look at the information below to get to know Choi Jong-hoon more closely; starting from his full profile, facts, career journey, to his latest news!
FT Island’s Jonghoon’s Full Profile
Real Name: Choi Jong-hoon (Hangul: 최종훈)
Stage Name: Jong-hoon (Hangul: 종훈)
Place and Date of Birth: Seoul, South Korea, March 7th, 1990
Star Sign: Pisces
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 61 kg (134 lbs)
Blood Type: A
- Shindongshin Middle Information Industry High School
- University of Suwon, Major in Digital Seoul Culture and Arts
Position in the group: Leader, Guitarist, Keyboardist, Bassist
Official Site: Twitter (@FtGtJH)
F.T Island’s Jonghoon’s Facts
- Choi Jong-hoon doesn’t have siblings
- Choi Jong-hoon’s nickname is Sexy Jong-hoon
- Choi Jong-hoon was accepted into the FNC Music talent agency during his high school years
- Choi Jong-hoon used to be a colleague of former F.T. Island member Oh Won-bin, when they were studying in the same university
- Choi Jong-hoon can play the guitar, the piano, and the bass
- Choi Jong-hoon’s hobbies are surfing the internet and listening to music
- Choi Jong-hoon’s favorite food is Gamjatang
- Choi Jong-hoon appeared in The Romantic & Idol in Season 2
- Choi Jong-hoon has appeared in several K-Dramas, such as Unstoppable Marriage (2008 – cameo Ep. 62), On Air as a cameo in Ep. 1 (2008), Style as a cameo in Ep. 6 (2009), Prince of Prince (2015), Heroes (2015), My Only Love Song (cameo, 2017), Unexpected Heroes (2017)
- Choi Jong-hoon was confirmed of dating rhythmic gymnast Son Yeon-jae in June 2017
- Choi Jong-hoon broke up soon after his dating news surfaced, in August 2017
- Choi Jong-hoon is a part of F.T. Island’s subunit F.T. Triple that was formed in 2009
- Choi Jong-hoon’s ideal type is someone who doesn’t act cute and is comfortable when she is around him. He also wants to have a girlfriend who likes Eric Clapton like he does
- Choi Jong-hoon was involved in a huge scandal in Mach 2019 and announced his retirement from the K-Pop industry in the same month
- Choi Jong-hoon was sentenced to 5 years in prison as the news announced on November 29th, 2019
Jonghoon’s Debut with F.T. Island
F.T Island or F.T. ISLAND (Five Treasure Island) is a South Korean pop-rock band under the label FNC Entertainment. The band consists of Jong-hoon, Hong-ki, Jae-jin, Seung-hyun, and Min-hwan. F.T. Island debuted with the song “Lovesick” which is part of their first album Cheerful Sensibility, and was released on June 8th, 2007. Then in December, the repackaging lab came out, titled The Refreshment.
Even though F.T.’s Island’s first album Cheerful Sensibility was scheduled to be released commercially in May 2007, the members had already appeared in the show Wanna Be My Girlfriend?’ (Hangul: 두근 두근 여친 만들기) on the Korean television channel Mnet. The band also performed live at Rolling Hall and held their first official showcase at the Melon-AX Live House, Gwangjang-dong in Seoul, on May 27th, 2007.
On June 7th, 2007, the group performed their debut song “Love Sick” on the television music program M! Countdown. Their debut album Cheerful Sensibility was released on the same day. Cheerful Sensibility combines 13 songs that are divided into two parts, Emotional Chapter and F.T. Island Chapter.
According to the song genre, Emotional Chapter consists of rock ballads. F.T. Island Chapter was produced by a Japanese composer who worked with the Japanese band SMAP and consists of various pop-rock songs. Selling more than 79,000 copies in 2007, it was the sixth best-selling album of the year.