Learn More About Favorite’s Youngest Member Go Ah-ra!
The career journey of a K-pop idol is certainly not easy, including the success they achieve and having to try several opportunities to get a stable career in the entertainment industry. Likewise with the career journey of one of Favorite’s members, which is Go Ahra, who previously was a contestant on K-Pop Star 6. Her skill as an idol continued to improve until she managed to debut as a K-pop idol.
In this article, there’s detailed information about Favorite‘s youngest member, Ahra. Favorite debuted on July 6, 2017, under Astory Entertainment and has 6 original members with Gaeul, Saebom, Seoyeon, Sugyeong, Jeonghee, and Ahra. Without waiting any longer, let’s find out more about Favorite’s Ahra starting from her full profile, fun facts, until her performance during the K-Pop Star 6 era in this article below!
Favorite’s Ahra’s Full Profile
Real Name: Go Ahra (Hangul: 고아라)
Stage Name: Ahra (Hangul: 아라)
Birth: Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea, February 21, 2001
Star Sign: Pisces
Height: 166 cm (5’5″)
Weight: 48 kg (106 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Position in the Group: Main Vocalist, Center, Maknae
Family Members: Parents, Younger Sister and Dog (Haneul)
- Bopyeong Middle School (Graduated)
- Seoul Performing Arts High School (Department of Applied Music / Graduation)
Official Site: Instagram ( ahra.view )
Favorite’s Ahra’s Fun Facts
- Favorite’s Ahra’s favorite colors are white, pink, and red
- Favorite’s Ahra has a very bright personality
- Favorite’s Ahra’s inspiration is Bae Suzy
- Favorite’s Ahra listens to all genres of music
- Favorite’s Ahra is good at cooking
- Favorite’s Ahra was the last member to be cast
- Favorite’s Ahra had always wanted to be a K-pop singer and went to open auditions, but it never worked
- Favorite’s Ahra started taking vocal lessons and got into a company after three months
- Favorite’s Ahra can fall asleep almost everywhere
- Favorite’s Ahra can sing very high notes
- Favorite’s Ahra’s nicknames are La La Land, Koala, Yala, and Lala
- Favorite’s Ahra’s hobbies are listening to music, watching movies, and singing
- Favorite’s Ahra attended the same class as Lee Jinsol and Kim Min-ju during elementary school in 2008
- Favorite’s Ahra has a huge crush on soloist Crush, and she also bought his album
- Favorite’s Ahra likes to upload recommendations of songs on her Instagram, and most of them are RnB
- Favorite’s Ahra met with Yang Hyun-suk for the 2nd time on JTBC’s MixNine after her previous appearance in K-Pop Star 6
- Favorite’s Ahra participated as a contestant on JTBC’s MixNine and ended the show in 21st place
Favorite’s Ahra’s Appearance on K-Pop Star 6
Favorite’s Ahra appeared as a member of the girl group named Minari, and she participated as a trainee under Astory Entertainment. Through many selections as well as eliminations from every aired episode, Favorite’s Ahra’s pre-debut with her girl group Minari finally led to the top 4 semifinals.
Let’s watch some of Ahra’s pre-debut performance on K-Pop Star 6 in the session below!
In episode 6, Go Ahra performed her solo performance on stage in front of the judges while singing “Greedy” by Ariana Grande. On the first note that she sang, the judges were immediately surprised when she could get a very perfect high note. In the next few seconds, Go Ahra sings with such confidence and with cute dance moves that even the other contestants look a little intimidated by her skills.
On June 25, 2017, Minari and Queens had an outdoor performance with many audience members filling the venue to watch each contestant’s performance. In the video above is a collaboration stage where the two contestants from K-Pop Star 6 performed “Problem” by Ariana Grande on stage.
In episode 16, Go Ahra was teamed up with Lee Sumin as a duo, and they both performed “Bang Bang” which was remixed at the beginning of the song to become a slower and more sensual tempo. In the next part, Go Ahra and Lee Sumin again showed their powerful singing skills with the original tempo of the song while dancing energetically on stage.
In Episode 27, Go Ahra did a duo performance with Kim Hye-rim by performing TWICE‘s “Touchdown” in front of the audience and also the judges of the program. Even though they were just a duo, their performance was able to amaze people with their very stable vocal skills when doing live performances on stage, and their dance skills were also very amazing.
In Episode 31, Go Ahra was teamed up with Kim Hye-rim, and the two sang an upbeat pop song titled “I’m in Love With a Monster” very playfully on stage. These two contestants are indeed famous for their excellent and stable vocal skills. They can even sing and dance on stage energetically without any visible flaws or mistakes in any of their performances.
In Episode 37, Minari brought Girls Day‘s “Something” to the stage with a stunning performance. The three contestants who were in the same team displayed their superiority in singing live on stage clearly and stably. Besides that, Minari also performed a sensual choreography by adding dance moves from the iconic “Coming of Age Ceremony” on stage.
Even though Ahra and Minari didn’t make it through to the final episode, they practiced and did their best to get to the top 4. Their journey as contestants on K-Pop Star 6 is recorded in history, and their names will always be remembered by many people.
Well, that is all of the information about Favorite’s Ahra and everything you should know about her. Let’s keep giving her a lot of support and love and hope that her future career can shine even more. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it on your social media and wait for another interesting article from Channel-Korea!