See a Little Bit About Jang Hyuk’s Real Life
Jang Hyuk is a South Korean actor. He is best known for his leading roles in Windstruck, The Slave Hunters, and Deep Rooted Tree. On June 2, 2008, Jang Hyuk tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend, Kim Yeo-jin. His close friends singer Kim Jong-kook and actor Cha Tae-hyun participated in the wedding ceremony. The couple have two sons (born on February 2008 and November 2009) and one daughter (born on April 16, 2015).
10 Fascinating Facts About Jang Hyuk and His Three Children
1. Jang Hyuk stopped smoking for his daughter’s sake. He talked about the decision in the sidelines of an interview on the release of his latest film, Ordinary Person, on the MBC “Entertainment Relay”. As his daughter grew, it made Jang Hyuk pay more attention to his own health.
2. Jang Hyuk hurried to finish his shooting schedule for a movie, in order to be home for his third child’s birth. “He has a schedule in China for filming, but thankfully he can see the birth process before continuing to work again,” said a representative from SidusHQ at the time.
3. Jang Hyuk and his wife have three children. His two sons were born in February, 2008, and November, 2009, and his daughter was born in April, 2015.
4. Jang Hyuk married his girlfriend, Kim Yeo-jin, on June 2, 2008. Kim was Jang Hyuk’s fitness instructor. Celebrity guests in their wedding included singer Kim Jong-kook and actor Cha Tae-hyun.
5. Jang Hyuk was born with the name Jung Yong-joon. Before making his acting debut in 1997, Jung changed his name to Jang Hyuk.
6. Jang Hyuk wrote a collection of essays called Jang Hyuk, Hot-Blooded Man, which was published on August 6, 2013. The book contained essays about his life experiences.
7. Jang Hyuk performed with top actor Jun Ji-hyun in the film Windstruck in 2004. Although the film didn’t sell well in Korea, Windstruck beat Shiri, and become one of the best-selling Korean films in Japan.
8. Jang Hyuk and his wife were married in June, 2008, but their first child was born in February of the same year.
9. The first time Jang Hyuk met his wife was about a decade ago, when he left the gym after working out with fellow actors.
10. As an actor who sometimes plays in action scenes, Jang Hyuk has studied Jeet Kune Do for more than 10 years. He is also a former professional taekwondo competitor.