Get To Know F.CUZ—A Popular South Korean Boy Group
F.CUZ is a South Korean boy group that is now promoting as an independent group. The group was formed by CAN&J Entertainment and debuted on January 8th, 2010, with their digital single “Jiggy“ with four members. In this article, Channel-Korea will introduce you and get you up close and personal with K-Pop boy group F.CUZ. Stay tuned!
- F.CUZ (포커즈) was created by CAN&J Entertainment and debuted on January 8th, 2010, with the single “Jiggy.”
- Their team name is pronounced as Focus and it stands for “For Century Ultimate Zest.”
- Their fandom name is For U and their color is Twinkle Light Silver.
- The definition of the group is “Five-point star” as in the five members who complete F.CUZ, and “U+U = F.CUZ+FORU” as in the group and their fans are one.
- F.Cuz originally debuted as a four-member group: Jinon, LeeU, Kan, and Yejun.
- The final line-up now consists of Jinon, Kan, Raehyun, Daegeon, and Yejun.
- Group Labels: CAN&J Entertainment (South Korea), Seedmusic (Taiwan), Tunes Tracks/e-SUM (Japan), Tunes-Will Entertainment (South Korea), Independent.
- All of the members are attending the Global Cyber University.
Jinon, Raehyun, Kan, and Yejun attended Anyang High School of Arts in Anyang.
- Jinon went to the same High School as Highlight‘s Junhyung and MBLAQ‘s Seungho.
- Jinon appeared in Cinderella Man as a younger version of Kwon Sang Woo’s character.
- Daegeon was a former member of A-Peace. He left before he could debut.
- Kan and Yejun went to the same High School.
- The members are close to U-KISS members. Kan is close to Kiseop, while Yejun is close to Soohyun.
- Jinon, Kan, and Yejun were all part of a dance team that included the famous K-Pop star Rain.
Pre-Debut Story With The Original Line-Up
Prior to the actual group debut, in order to attract and gain public recognition, the labels posted a short video showcasing the talents of the members every day. The videos have more than 30,000 views. The members’ debut line consisted of Jinon, LeeU, Kan, and Yejun.
Before debut, Jinon, Kan, and Yejun attended the Anyang High School of Arts in Anyang. Jinon joined a project group named GM6 (now known as Supernova), and began trainee activities. Unfortunately, Jinon withdrew before debut and encountered severe health problems: he suffered from depression and multiple eating disorders. Jinon also began acting and received some success due to his resemblance to Kwon Sang Woo. It should be noted that Jinon had one of the busiest pre-debut careers. Kan appeared in the dramas Soul and Assorted Gems. LeeU’s father is the famous trot singer Sul Woon Do. He became a popular ulzzang and appeared with his father on a variety of programs. At a young age, LeeU decided to pursue a career in music so much. In his first year of junior high, he lost sixty pounds in one month. He also had a short solo career under the name U.
F.Cuz debuted on January 8th, 2010, with the digital single titled “Jiggy.” In preparation for their debut, F.Cuz started filming the music video for “Jiggy,” their debut single, on December 15th, 2009. The same day as the debut, F.Cuz made their first debut performance at KBS’ Weekly Music Show, Music Bank.
After the release of “Jiggy,” the song was digitally released in Taiwan and Hong Kong. The group also signed an agreement with the Taiwanese SEEDMUSIC label to promote overseas activities. A few months after debut, F.Cuz made their Korean comeback with their first mini-album and the title song “No One.”