EXO-CBX’s Leader and Other Members
- Xiumin – leader, main dancer, main rapper, lead vocalist
- Baekhyun – main vocalist, lead rapper
- Chen – maknae, main vocalist
EXO-CBX Debut and Career History
The members were introduced through a VCR in Exo Planet #3 – The Exo’rdium.
2016: Debut in Korea
On October 5, SM Entertainment announced that EXO would have their first sub-unit debuting in late October with members Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin.
On October 21, SM Entertainment released their first teaser, which was called “HOT DEBUT: EXO’S FIRST UNIT”.
On October 23, the sub-unit released the OST of the drama Scarlet Ryo, “For You”, in the Busan Asia One Festival. On October 24, SM Entertainment announced the name of the sub-unit: EXO-CBX. On October 30, the teaser for “Hey Mama!” was released.
Meanwhile, EXO-CBX was slated to debut on October 31 at midnight KST with the release of their first mini album Hey Mama! via online and offline music stores.
2017: Debut in Japan
On May 10, through the official Japanese EXO Twitter account, SM Entertainment announced that EXO-CBX was going to have a Japanese debut during late May.
On April 1, the group was announced to be releasing their debut Japanese EP Girls on May 24, 2017. A short music video for the EP’s title track “Ka-CHING!” was released on May 1, 2017.
On June 14, it was revealed that the group will be singing the theme song of SBS’s animated series Running Man.
On September 15, it was revealed that EXO-CBX will sing an OST titled “Cry” for the Japanese drama Final Life: Even If You Disappear Tomorrow set to be officially released on November 2.
Songs and OST of EXO-CBX
- Hey Mama! (2016)
- “Crush U” (2016)
- “It’s Running Time!” (2017)
- Girls (2017)
- “Final Life OST” (“Cry”) (2017)
Fun Facts About EXO-CBX and the Members
- In 2016, a new EXO subgroup called CBX debuted. Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin make up the group and debuted with their song “Hey Mama!”.
- Xiumin is the oldest member at age 27 (born March 26, 1990), but he doesn’t look like it! He has such a young face!
- According to Baekhyun, Chen can comfortably sing “Tears” by So Chan Hwee (Knowing Bros ep. 85).
- Chen was in the Korean production of the musical In the Heights. He played the character Benny along with a bunch of other idols/solo performers.
- Xiumin currently has no special way of expressing love. When the time is right, he will say “I’ve liked you since the beginning. Go out with me.”
- Baekhyun has joined numerous singing competitions since elementary school and wants to be a singer that can do anything, not just singing (multi-talented singer).
- Baekhyun said that Xiumin looks like a ninja turtle after seeing him get changed.
- Baekhyun, Chen, and Chanyeol are very noisy and loud. Once, when they were making lots of noise, Lay told them to “Be quiet!”
- Besides Chanyeol and Tao, Chen was also close to Baekhyun during trainee days because they were both new and Koreans.
- Chen previously made a secret donation of 20 million won (approx. $17,700 USD) to Siheung’s Youth Meets Entrepreneurship project. When asked about it, he said he wanted to contribute to society by helping youths start up their own businesses.