EXID’s Main Vocalist, Heo Solji
Heo Sol-ji (허솔지), born on January 10th, 1989, referred to as Solji, is a popular South Korean singer. She debuted in 2006 in a ballad duo, 2NB. She was a vocal trainer before becoming the leader and main vocalist of EXID. Solji was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and went on hiatus from EXID’s group activities until July 2018. She also enrolled in Kyung Hee Cyber University to study the practical music program during her hiatus time (2017).
Let’s find out more about Heo Solji!
Full Profile and Facts
- Name: Heo Sol ji (허솔지)
- Stage Name: Solji (솔지)
- Date of Birth: January 10th, 1989
- Birthplace: Gwanak-Gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Birth Sign: Capricorn
- Height: 170 cm
- Weight: 50 kg
- Blood Type:O
- Occupation: Singer
- Label: Banana Culture Entertainment
- Associated Acts: EXID, SoljiHani, 2NB
- Position: Leader, Main Vocalist
- Years Active: 2006 – present
- Alma mater: Dong-Ah Institute of Media and Arts
- She was an R&B singer.
- Solji has an older brother.
- Solji was a former R&B singer and debuted in a group called 2BN.
- She released 23 songs with 2NB.
- Solji was EXID’s vocal trainer but later joined the group.
- She likes to go hiking in her free time.
- She won King of the Masked Singer once in 2015 and then again in 2018.
- Solji has a dog of the breed chihuahua named Choco.
- Her shoe size is 240 mm.
- She is a part of EXID’s subunit SoljiHani (formerly known as Dasoni) with member Hani.
- She is one of the coaches of the Vocal team in the Under 19 survival show.
- She was on hiatus due to health issues (since late 2016 till 2018). She was recovering from her hyperthyroidism.
- She enrolled in Kyung Hee Cyber University to study the practical music program during her hiatus time (2017).
- Solji’s favorite anime is One Piece.
- Her favorite arcade game is Snow Brother.
Debut with 2NB
2NB (Korean: 투앤비) is a South Korean R&B duo formed by Friday Entertainment in 2006. The duo consisted of Heo Solji and Kim Song-yi. They released their debut single “The First Fragrance” on March 31st, 2006. The group disbanded in 2012. Shortly afterward, Heo Solji became the main singer of the girl group EXID, which debuted that same year. Also, Kim Song-yi became the lead singer of the girl group Blady, which debuted in 2015. In 2016, 2NB came back with two new members Son Yoo-na and Kim Hyo-jin.
Check out 2NB’s videos below:
Debut with EXID
EXID (Korean: 이엑스아이디; short for “Exceed in Dreaming”), is a South Korean girl group formed in 2012. The group currently consists of five members: Solji, LE, Hani, Hyelin, and Jeonghwa. EXID debuted in February 2012, with the single “Whoz That Girl.” Though the album gained some attention, it was not until 2014 that the group unexpectedly gained popularity with the single “Up & Down,” which reached number one on the Gaon Singles Chart four months after its release due to a fan-recording of a live performance becoming a viral video.
Solji worked as EXID’s vocal trainer before becoming a member. In April 2012, AB Entertainment announced that three original members, Yuji, Dami, and Haeryeong would leave the girl group EXID. Solji then joined EXID along with Hyelin, a former Superstar K3 participant.
EXID later then released their second EP Ah Yeah in April 2015, to commercial success. They followed this with their first studio album Street (2016) and the EPs Eclipse and Full Moon (2017).
Check out EXID’s videos below:
Joining the Subunit DASONI
In February 2013, EXID released the single “Up & Down,” from the Incarnation of Money soundtrack. It was announced shortly afterward that members Hani and Solji would form a subunit called Dasoni. The subunit released their debut single “Goodbye” on February 15th, with the B-side track “Said So Often.”
Check out DASONI’s videos below:
On December 20th, 2016, EXID released its first Chinese single, “Cream” on QQ Music and YinYueTai which peaked at number six on the Billboard China V Chart. However, a day later, Banana Culture announced that Solji had been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and that she would halt all her activities for the awards season of 2016/17, while the remaining four members continue on. She made a surprise appearance in EXID’s Asia Tour in Seoul on August 13th, 2017, but she was still not medically cleared to return to group activities. She, however, participated in the recording for the group’s fourth mini-album, Full Moon, despite not being involved in its promotion and live performances. She also stayed active as a Radio DJ.