Everything You Need To Know About The Handsome EX-B2ST Member – Jang Hyun-seung
Jang Hyun-seung, or better known as Hyunseung, is a singer and dancer from South Korea who joined the boy group B2ST (BEAST) under CUBE Entertainment.
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a detailed explanation of everything you need to know about Jang Hyun-seung a former member of B2ST. From his profile, facts, military enlistment, to his latest news. So, stay tuned and keep scrolling down this article.
Full Profile of Jang Hyun-seung
Jang Hyun-seung, or better known by the name Hyunseung, is a former member of the famous boy band B2ST (BEAST) under CUBE Entertainment, who is now focused on his career as a solo singer. Here is the full profile of Jang Hyun-seung!
Stage name: Hyunseung (현승)
Birth Name: Jang Hyun-seung (장현승)
Position: Lead Vocalist, Dancer
Date of Birth: September 3rd, 1989
Height: 177 cm
Weight: 58 kg
Blood Type: B
Origin: Suncheon, Jeollanam-do, South Korea
Agency: Cube Entertainment
Education: Dongshin University
Facts About Jang Hyun-seung
- Hyunseung was born in Suncheon, Jeollanam-do, South Korea.
- Hyunseung grew up in Seoul, South Korea.
- His hobby is singing.
- Hyunseung has a younger sister named Jang Geu-rim.
- His father died in September 2012, due to a sudden heart attack.
- Hyunseung said he wanted to date Miranda Kerr.
- When he was 15 years old, Hyunseung auditioned for YG Entertainment but was eliminated in the third round. However, after meeting with YG Entertainment’s CEO Yang Hyun-suk he was accepted as a trainee.
- Hyunseung is a former YG Entertainment trainee, and he was supposed to debut with BIGBANG.
- Hyunseung was a trainee for a year and four months at YG Entertainment.
- At YG Entertainment, Hyunseung used the stage name S0-1.
- Hyunseung appeared in Big Bang Documentary along with the original five Big Bang members. He appeared in 10 of 11 episodes that aired. However, he was eliminated from the group in the last round when he had to stand against Seungri.
- Big Bang’s T.O.P said that Hyunseung and Seungri had been involved in a conflict that caused them to fight.
- Even though he didn’t debut with the other BIGBANG members, Hyunseung still remained friendly with all the members of Big Bang.
- Hyunseung is good friends with G-Dragon.
- Hyunseung likes to clean up something messy.
- Hyunseung is a former member of B2ST (BEAST).
- Hyunseung left B2ST in April 2016.
- Hyunseung is the only former B2ST member who renewed his contract with CUBE Entertainment.
- On May 7th, 2015, Hyunseung released his solo album titled My.
- Hyunseung played in musicals such as Mozart! and Bonnie & Clyde.
- In 2016, Hyunseung won the Best Male Artist (South Korea) Award at the 4th annual V-Chart Music Awards in China.
- In 2016 he appeared as a dancer in Hit the Stage.
- Hyunseung is a member of the Trouble Maker duo with HyunA (a former member of 4Minute).
- Hyunseung’s ideal type: he doesn’t have a specific woman as his ideal type.
Career Journey With B2ST
BEAST, or B2ST, is a boy group with 6 members under CUBE Entertainment. B2ST is an acronym for Boys 2 Search the Top. However, it was changed to BEAST (Boys of East Asia Standing Tall). They released their first mini-album, Beast Is the B2ST on October 14th, 2009, and performed on KBS’ Music Bank the following two days.
In December 2010, Hyunseung along with member Lee Gi-kwang in the subunit wrote and composed R&B songs as part of the digital album My Story. Hyunseung is one of 2 lead vocalists besides Lee Gi-kwang and lead dancer of Beast.
Jang Hyun-seung during his debut promotion with the Music Video “Bad Girl” as a B2ST member.
This photo was taken when Jang Hyun-seung promoted the song “Mystery” with B2ST.
This photo was taken when Jang Hyun-seung promoted the song “Shock” with B2ST.
This photo was taken when Jang Hyun-seung promoted the song “Breath” with B2ST.
This photo was taken when Jang Hyun-seung promoted the song “Fiction” with B2ST.
This photo was taken when Jang Hyun-seung promoted the song “Midnight” with B2ST.
This photo was taken when Jang Hyun-seung promoted the song “Shadow” with B2ST.
This photo was taken when Jang Hyun-seung promoted the song “No More” with B2ST.
This photo was taken when Jang Hyun-seung promoted the song “YeY” with B2ST.
This photo was taken when Jang Hyun-seung began his hiatus from B2ST activities.
SubUnit With HyunA As Trouble Maker
In December 2011, he formed a subunit with his labelmate, former 4Minute member HyunA, called Trouble Maker. HyunA had previously released two singles, but both described the subunit as something different from each of their respective groups. The subunit was officially referred to as JS & HyunA, which Hyunseung went on to disclose on Twitter including the change of his new stage name for the subunit, Jay Stomp.
Trouble Maker debuted with the lead single and a mini-album titled Trouble Maker. On November 25th, 2011, the unit began to reveal teaser photos from the album, revealing it with a private-party concept. The duo gave a teaser performance at the 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards, with a kiss on stage. This album included the lead single “Trouble Maker” as well as the ballad “The Words I Don’t Want to Hear.” The full music video was released on December 1st, 2011.
The duo’s appearance with “Trouble Maker” on the weekly music show was criticized by Korean media for their sexual choreography. In response, CUBE Entertainment changed the choreography for the remaining “Trouble Maker” promotion period. They also performed “Trouble Maker” at the United Cube Concert in London and Brazil in December 2011. They won the triple crown at Mnet’s M! Countdown with “Trouble Maker.”
Participation In Mnet’s ‘Hit The Stage’
In July 2016, Hyunseung returned to the screen after leaving BEAST, the boy group that raised his name. Hyunseung made his solo debut through the Hit the Stage program on Mnet. The first episode of Hit the Stage aired on July 27th, 2016, on Mnet. Hyunseung appeared in the second episode of the program along with Kim Chung-ha, Big Star’s Feeldog and Stephanie.
Former B2ST (BEAST) member Jang Hyun-seung left his fans for a while in order to fulfill his duties as a good citizen. Hyunseung was said to have entered military service secretly.
Some time ago the former BEAST member was reportedly about to begin his mandatory military service in July 2018. On July 24th, 2018, the Cube Entertainment agency announced, “Jang Hyun-seung has begun his mandatory military duty today. Because he wants to enter the military area calmly, we have decided not to announce the location and time,” the agency representative said.
Before officially serving as an active soldier, Hyunseung must first undergo a five-week basic training period, and only after that, he will be able to begin his duty as an active soldier.
Latest News of Jang Hyun-seung
After leaving the group, BEAST, Hyunseung is now rarely heard from. That was because the former member of the Beast was active in the army in his military program. Known as an eccentric singer who likes to act strangely, netizens had no idea that Hyunseung had been accepted into an active army. This is a matter of pride because it is not easy to be elected as an active soldier.
After eight months of military service, photos of Hyunseung’s conscription began to spread in online forums. In the forum, several photos of Hyunseung were seen along with his fellow soldiers. Hyunseung who wore an army uniform completed with a beret was very happy and cheerful to pose with his friends.
Netizens who saw the photo then immediately praised the singer born in 1989. According to the netizens, Hyunseung looks happier and brighter at the military than when he became an idol. Some netizens even praised him by saying there was brighter energy emanating from Hyunseung.
“I personally think Hyunseung is not suitable for the entertainment industry. He looks much more comfortable and better in the military,” said one netizen. “He looks much brighter and better,” continued another netizen. “He looks like a different person, looks good,” said yet another netizen.
Netizens’ support does not stop there. Many netizens also hope that Hyunseung’s happiness during this military training will last until he exits later. They hope that Hyunseung gets enough rest from military training and return calmly.
“I hope he returns with that smile,” netizens wrote. “People sometimes forget how the military also helps make them feel like ordinary people again, no need to worry about cameras, looks, etc. This is also a break for them,” continued the netizens. “He might be happy to be around some ordinary and normal people (non-celebrities),” said another netizen.
That was all the information about Jang Hyun-seung, a former member of B2ST. From his profile, facts, military enlistment, to his latest news. Don’t forget to kindly share your thoughts in the comment section below!