The Talented Veteran South Korean Supporting Actress, Choi Ji-Na
Choi Ji Na is a South Korean actress who debuted in 1995 and currently works under agency Jellyfish Entertainment. She is mostly known for her appearances as a supporting character, notably on KBS2’s My Too Perfect Sons (2009), SBS’s The Heirs (2013) as Choi Young Do’s mother (son played by Kim Woo Bin), and TVN’s Hey Ghost, Let’s Fight (2016) as Kim Hyun Ji’s mother (daughter played by Kim Soo Hyun).
Full Profile of Actress Choi Ji-Na
Real Name : Choi Ji-Na / 최지나 / 崔智娜
Occupation : Actress
Years Active : 1995 – present
Birthday : May 17, 1975 (age 42)
Birthplace : Seoul, South Korea
Star Sign : Taurus
Nationality : South Korean
Height : 164 cm
Weight : 50 kg
Education : Youngdong Girls’ High School, Hanyang Women’s University (Applied Fine Arts)
Talent Agency : Jellyfish Entertainment
Spouse(s) : Ryu Young-geun (married in 2008)
Choi Ji-Na’s Husband and Marriage
Choi Ji-Na, who confessed that she had a boyfriend at the shooting of SBS weekend drama ‘I Am Happy’ in February 2018, has officially married in a studio of a hotel in southeastern Seoul, on March 29th, 2018. After a year of friendship, she finally married Ryu Young-geun, a businessman who is rumored to be younger than her. The two have been introduced by their friends.
On the wedding day, heavy rain was pouring but she said she was cool with it. Her friends who attended the wedding said “You live well when it rains on your wedding day. There is a saying that when the rain pours, your marriage will be happy“.
It was also reported that she postponed the honeymoon because of the drama shooting.
Choi Ji-Na’s Filmography
Since she debuted as an actress in 1995, she only got nominated once as ‘Best Supporting Actress’ in 2005 for her portrayal of a shaman in ‘Blood Rain’. Also she has done several endorsements and did a play in theater titled ‘The Glass Menagerie’.
|2007||Hwang Jin Yi||Hyun-geum (cameo)|
|2009||Good Morning President||Waltz teacher|
|1997||Sea of Ambition||Myung-sook||KBS2|
|1998||My Love by My Side||So-young||KBS1|
|1999||Follow Your Dreams||Math teacher||EBS|
|2001||The Jewelry Box in My Heart||MBC|
|Orient Theatre||Yoo Soon-ok||KBS2|
|2004||There’s Light at the Tip of My Fingernails||Student in local|
|Drama City “So-na’s Beautiful Bakery”||Kang So-na||KBS2|
|Age of Heroes||Choi Myeong-hee||MBC|
|2005||My Rosy Life||Hong Jang-mi||KBS2|
|2006||Special of My Life||Park Kang-ho’s wife||MBC|
|2007||A Happy Woman||Moon Sun-young||KBS2|
|Fly High||Cha Mi-ri||SBS|
|2008||My Ex-wife Lives Next Door||Joo In-young||MBC Dramanet|
|I Am Happy||Ha-kyung||SBS|
|2009||The Slingshot||Madam Jang||KBS2|
|My Too Perfect Sons||Kim Hye-rim||KBS2|
|Temptation of an Angel||Jung Sang-ah/Julie Jung||SBS|
|2010||The King of Legend||Seok Rahae||KBS1|
|2011||Insu, The Queen Mother||Yang Hyebin||jTBC|
|HDTV Literature “Eom Ji-ne”||Eom Ji-ne||KBS1|
|2012||Can’t Live Without You||Hyun-seo||MBC|
|2013||Goddess of Fire||Yeon-ok||MBC|
|The Heirs||Yoo Kyung-ran||SBS|
|2014||Endless Love||Jin Yang-ja||SBS|
|Gunman in Joseon||Park Jin-han’s wife||KBS2|
|Single-minded Dandelion||Yoon Jung-im||KBS2|
|2015||Insooni’s Talk Drama: You Are a Flower||Kim Ja-ok||KBS1|
|2016||Hey Ghost, Let’s Fight||Seo Jeong-geum||tvN|
|2016||Laurel Tree Tailors||Oh Young Eun||KBS2|
|2017||The Emperor: Owner of the Mask||Lady Yong-bin||MBC|
- The Glass Menagerie (Theater – 1998)
- EBS “Book Reading Radio Series” (Radio Program – 2015)
- LG Chem
- Cham Cracker
- Tejava Royal Milk Tea
- Hankook Cosmetics
- Sehwa Construction
- Asiana Airlines (1995)
- Donga Otsuka (1997)
- Nong Shim Sin Ramen (1998)
- Morabito (1998)
- Onse Telecom (2003)
- Johnson & Johnson (2003-2004)
- Namyang Dairy (2003-2004)
- Agricultural (2005)
Facts and Trivias About Choi Ji-Na
- Her former agency was Kim Jong Hak Production.
- She has an outstanding clear skin.
- She drinks a lot of water to mantain her beauty.
- She has a fuzzy personality, unlike her sculpted appearance (jjan.kr).
- She likes to hang out and often drink (not alcohol). She just likes the atmosphere.
- She is an athletic maniac. She can do golf, swimming, climbing, etc. She also said she has been a member of the celebrity snowboard team Simba for more than seven years.
- Her ideal man was a patriotic and righteous man (edaily.co.kr).
- In 2006, she was awarded a one-year exclusive contract for a contract price of 150 million won as the representative brand model of Korean cosmetics (A3F[on]) after top stars such as Lee Mi Yeon and Kim Nam Joo (nocutnews.co.kr).
- With her distinctive features and perfect body lines, she graced ‘Queen’ magazine May cover in 2015. She transformed into a woman with spring atmosphere with romantic look make-up.
- In 2002, she climbed Mount Everest and came back safely after completing the tough climb up to the first base camp, participated only as a female entertainer at the end of March 2002. She also received a lasik operation after that (Reporter Moon Yeong Il).
- She said she received a lot of proposals for acting as Gumiho and Ghost because of her strong impression, such as big eyes and nose (edaily.co.kr).
- In 1998, she participated in a play called ‘Glass Zoo’ in Daehakro.
- Eventhough only appeared for a while, her special appearance on ‘The Heirs’ left an intense image to viewers through her explosive acting power which increased the tension of the drama.
- She had an unusual attachment to her role on “I Am Happy”. Because she has always been a villain in the drama since her debut due to her distinctive features and low voice, that was the first time she acted as someone with miserable situation.
- She was 7th month pregnant when she was playing the role of Kim Hye Rim in KBS2’s My Too Perfect Sons. The staffs were just shooting the upper body and face rather than the whole body, they were considering her body condition at the time.