All About EVERGLOW’s Onda — Lead Dancer of the Group
Onda is a South Korean singer. She is also known by her full name, Jo Serim, because she participated in Mnet’s survival show Idol School 2017 under that name. Onda is a member of Yueha Entertainment girl-group called EVERGLOW. She debuted on March 18, 2019. Onda is in charge of the lead dancer and sub vocalist of the group. She also is a visual member. Prior to her debut, Onda has been practicing dance and prove her dance skills through performances. Without further ado, Let’s get into details of Everglow’s Onda in the article below~
EVERGLOW’s Onda Full Profile
- Stage Name: Onda (온다)
- Full Name: Jo Serim (조세림, 曺世林)
- Nickname: Seram-ie, Som Serim, Serim, Serm, Cham Serim, Jo Onda, Ebuki, Sloth
- Date of Birth: May 18, 2000
- Place of Birth: Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Religion: Catholic
- Star Sign: Taurus
- Blood Type: B
- Height: 165 cm
- Weight: 42 kg
- Debut Date: March 18, 2019 (with EVERGLOW)
- Associated Acts: EVERGLOW
- Agency: Yuehua Entertainment
- Education: Gyeonggi International Trade High School
- MBTI: ENFP
Interesting Facts of EVERGLOW’s Onda
- Onda is in charge of lead dancer, sub vocalist in the group, Everglow. She also the visual of the group.
- Her representative color is Pink.
- She was introduced as “4D charm girl”.
- Onda is the third revealed member of Everglow. The first and second members are Sihyeon and Mia.
- Her stage name “Onda” means “wave, wave” in Spanish and “come to me” in Korean.
- Onda is roommates with Mia.
- According to Sihyun, Onda is a hidden gag character.
- She knew her blood type was A for 19 years, but she said she learned that her true blood type was type B at the time of her debut.
- Onda was participated in Idol School 2017 using her real name, Jo Serim. After finishing Idol School, it was informed that she had signed an exclusive contract with Yuehua Entertainment.
- Her motto during Idol School was “Always think deeply and live hard!”
- She like watching movies, especially fantasy movies.
- Her favorite color is red.
- Her favorite pizza is Bulgogi pizza.
- Her role models are Girls’ Generation (SNSD) and Ariana Grande.
- Before her debut, Onda said that she’s been auditioned for many agencies such as YG Entertainment and SM Entertainment through Instagram Live.
- She’s into game thingy. When she was in elementary school, she went down to the countryside and was playing the Pokémon series with Nintendo DS.
EVERGLOW’s Onda Pre-debut Story
Prior to her debut, Onda participated in Idol School before revealed as a member of Everglow. She also a member of a dance group called “FRIENDS”. The group usually covering k-pop trends songs or western songs, such as iKON’s Love Scenario, GOT7’s Just Right, Weki Meki’s I Don’t Like Your Girlfriend, WINNER’s Really Really, Taylor Swift’s Look What You Made Me Do, G-Eazy’s No Limit, and more. Check out the compilation of her covers in the dance group here:
EVERGLOW’s Onda Appearances in Idol School
Idol School is a girl-group survival show produced by Mnet. It is a show that aims at creating a 9-member girl group. The show is kinda similar to other Mnet’s survival show such as Produce 101, Produce X 101, and etc. The difference of the show is at the voting system, the number of winners, their participants, and how the disqualified candidates will be handled.
Onda participated in Idol School in 2017. During the second episode, she expressed her tears when she was picked as a supplementary candidate during a team dance practice session. After that, Bin Ha-neul approached and comforted her. This was the only scene in which Jo Se-rim (Onda) appeared to be the main character, besides personal interviews during the broadcast. In episode 3, Onda performs a song by Lovelyz’s Ah Choo for their 1st debut skills test. It is the first debut diagnostic testing evaluation in live dance and vocal performance. She ranked 40th and was eliminated in the fourth episode, not debuting with the team.
Check out Onda appearance in Idol School 2017 here:
Onda’s Debut with EVERGLOW
Onda made her debut with Everglow on March 18, 2019, under Yuehua Entertainment. Everglow consists of six members: E:U, Sihyeon, Mia, Onda, Aisha, and Yiren. The agency revealed the members of the group through the “Crank in Film” series which uploaded on Youtube. Onda is in charge of the position of lead dancer and sub vocalist in the group. She’s also the visual of the group.
Among the members, Onda practice period is the shortest. She was Yuehua trainee in 2018 and debut in 2019. Before joining the company, she practiced dancing for a long time at the Dance Department of the Practical Music Academy in her hometown, Bucheon, and performed skillfully.
Everglow debuted on March 18th, 2019, with their first single album “Arrival of Everglow”, which contains the lead single titled “Bon Bon Chocolat”.
Check out the debut MV of Everglow’s “Bon Bon Chocolat,” here!
EVERGLOW’s Onda Focus Fancam
Let’s take a little closer to the details of Everglow’s Onda here:
Onda is in charge of sub-vocal in the team. She has a cute voice and features a clear high-toned tone. She also visual of the team. Go check out the fan-cam above!
Everglow debut with a lead single called “Bon Bon Chocolat”. The song title is adapted by the French language for ‘candy candy chocolate’. Onda’s focus fan-cam for “Bon Bon Chocolat” is extremely gorgeous and slay. Fans giving great reactions to her performance. Check out some of the comments:
- Onda is slept on!!! She is so gorgeous and is definitely my bias.
- onda deserved a much better outfit especially for a girl crush concept but nonetheless she still looks cute in it 🤧💛💛
- Onda is honestly slept on. Her expressions are gorgeous and she knows when to go from serious to cute, not to mention her dancing is great and she’s just overall a cute girl. I think the outfit isn’t the best but she still made it work. ♡♡♡
- She has that cute but dont mess with me look! 😂
- She is really cute! I’ve been noticing her since the mv! She has such a cute face. ♡
Onda also in charge of a lead dancer in the team. Her dance move is neat and satisfying to watch. Fans said that her stage presence and her dancing are so good, and said that she looks like Gigi Hadid with that style. Some comments said, “even is not the parts she keeps doing facial expressions and her stage presence is amazing”, also, “Even when she isn’t center she always has the best facial expressions ugh queen”.
Did you fall in love too after watching Onda’s La Di Da focus fan-cam?
EVERGLOW’s Onda Dressed Up as Harley Quinn from the Batman Series for Halloween Party
During Halloween, idols usually dressed up as unique and extraordinary characters, such as fictional characters (batman, spider-man, thor, etc.), or cartoon characters (sponge bob, dora, nobita, etc), or maybe things and more. On October 30 2020, Everglow go on live on their official Vlive with titled “✨👻EVERGLOW HALLOWEEN PARTY🎃✨”. Mostly the members dressed with black outfit. Onda dressed up as Harley Quinn from the Batman Series at that time. She looked cool and gorgeous with that outfit.
You can check out the full live here: ✨👻EVERGLOW HALLOWEEN PARTY🎃✨
Onda also performed in a music show with that Harley Quinn outfit, Check out the video here:
That’s all about Everglow’s Onda! What do you think of her appearance in Idol School 2017? Her performance with Everglow is amazing, right? Don’t forget to check her works and please kindly share and leave your comment below~