The Baby Maknae of Elris—Karin!
Min Karin is the one and only Elris maknae who also fills the positions of a lead vocalist and rapper in the group. Born in Haenam on January 5th, 2002, she has been having a passionate dream to be a singer since childhood and even tried to compete in SBS’ K-Pop Star 6. On top of being the youngest in the group, Karin also proudly gained the nickname Big Baby due to her impressive height and she has hosted a teen variety show on educational stations. She also showed her child-like personality by showing her expertise to imitate various SpongeBob and Doraemon characters.
Are you ready to fall in love with this baby maknae’s charm? If so, find out all the pieces of information that you need to know in the article below!
Full Profile of Elris’ Karin
- Stage Name: Karin (가린)
- Birth Name: Min Ka-rin (민가린)
- Birthday: January 5th, 2002
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
Interesting Facts to Know about Elris’ Karin
- Busan, South Korea is her hometown
- She was born in Ulsan, but she lived in Busan as a child, and she moved to Seoul in the third year of elementary school
- She is the only daughter in her family and she is the only member of the group who is like that
- She became a trainee for my idol debut through a closed audition when she was in the first year of middle school
- Her trainee period lasted about four years before debuting with Elris
- She has experience in hosting and MC-ing various events for teens at the broadcasting station
- She studied at SOPA and Dongduk Women’s University (Department of Broadcasting and Entertainment)
- Elris members often call her Margaret
- In the group’s debut concept, she represented the ‘forest’ symbol
- She loves to eat and is not picky about food
- She is the member who is eating the most in the group, but she is still able to maintain her slim figure
- She likes to eat chicken the most and hopes to star in a chicken CF one day
- She also loves tteokbokki and eating ice cream straight after
- She loves red
- She’s also classified as the one who likes sleeping the most in the group
- She is the tallest and strongest member of Elris
- She used to drink one liter of milk every day
- She is the worst dancer in Elris, according to Bella and Hyeseong
- She has allergies to flowers and cats
- She considers Bella almost as her mother
- She shares a room with Bella
- She considers Hyeseong as her favorite unnie due to their similar sense of humor
- She chose Hyeseong as the member that she would like to date if she were a boy
- Her nicknames include Big Baby and Youngest Daughter
- On Elris‘ debut showcase, she cried happily
- She picked the ability to control time as her preferred superpower
- She wants to have a mukbang program with the other members
- She likes sun chips and potato snacks
- Because of her age and flat expression, it took her a year to get close to the other members
- She has a shy nature, especially when she meets people she doesn’t know
- Her expertise is to imitate various SpongeBob and Doraemon characters
- She participated in SBS’ K-Pop Star 6 but was eliminated in the early stages
- She made an appearance in Romeo’s “Without U,” Sunny Hill‘s “Goodbye to Romance,” and Yesung’s “Paper Umbrella” (along with NCT’s Jungwoo)
- She auditioned for Mnet’s MIX NINE but sadly she didn’t pass
- She, along with Yukyung, played in a web drama titled True Ending that aired on November 21st, 2019
- In June 2020, she obtained a class 2 normal driver’s license
Elris’ Karin’s Pre-debut Story
Karin has been dreaming to be an artist since she was a child. One day, while attending an acting academy, she was recommended to an idol for a career path, so she went to a private audition, and started living as a trainee in the first year of middle school. From 2012, before her debut days, she has appeared in various MVs as a model. One of her first MV appearances is Sunny Hill’s music video for “Goodbye To Romance.”
In 2013, she also appeared on her first public broadcast on SBS’ Inquiry Life. Then, in 2016, she participated in SBS’ show K-Pop Star Season 6 along with Elris’ Sohee where they both represented Hunus Entertainment trainees. They stole the judges’ hearts through this performance and managed to pass to the next round.
She made a few performance appearances on the show such as singing APink’s “I Don’t Know” with Lee Soo-min, 15&’s “Somebody” in a team mission and Bruno Mars’ “Uptown Funk” with Kim Hye-rim. Sadly, she was eliminated in the early stages of the show.
In 2017, she also appeared in the music video for Romeo’s “Without You” and Yesung’s “Paper Umbrella” along with NCT’s Jungwoo.
Elris’ Karin’s Official Debut with Elris
On May 4th, 2017, Hunus Entertainment announced that they would debut a new girl group. They released multiple teaser videos that showcased the members’ individual shots and symbols, such as sky, wind, forest, water, and heart. In the debut teaser, Karin represents the ‘forest’ element of the group.
Her photo teaser shows her being in the open field and enjoying the clear sky and green scenery.
The group finally debuted on June 1st, 2017, by launching their first mini-album titled We, First with “We, First” serving as the album’s title track. The album also contains four other songs such as “Searching for ELRIS (Intro),” “My Star (나의 별),” “Miracle,” and “You and I (너와 나).” Although their debut album and track didn’t reach mainstream success, the group was still gaining attention and recognition. Now, their debut MV has been watched by more than 1.5 million viewers.
Elris’ Karin’s Vocal Skills
In the group, Karin holds the position of the lead vocal. Her distinctive clear tone and stable live singing skills are some of her main specialties. Her clear tone goes well with the group’s songs and she often takes on a lot of bridge parts in the song.
She also shows versatility in her vocal skills and her voice goes along well with any song from any artist. Check out a few clips of her song covers below!