The Golden Vocal Siyeon!
As you all already know, we’ve got many talented girls gathering under the girl group DreamCatcher. Among those talented girls is a girl who was born with the name Lee Si-yeon on October 1st, 1995, in Daegu, who occupies the main vocalist position of the group. On top of having been blessed with a golden vocal, Siyeon can also imitate the voices of various characters such as Pikachu, Squirtle, and Psyduck. She also has an impressive musical talent as she is good at playing the piano. Her vocal talent also brought her to release her debut single titled “Paradise” on January 28th, 2020.
Are you curious to know what’s more in store with this super-talented girl? Scroll down this article below to find out all about her!
Full Profile of DreamCatcher’s Siyeon
- Stage Name: Siyeon (시연)
- Birth Name: Lee Si-yeon (이시연)
- English Name: Monica
- Position: Main Vocalist
- Birthday: October 1st, 1995
- Nationality: Korean
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Height: 166 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
Fun Facts about DreamCatcher’s Siyeon
- She was born in Daegu, South Korea
- She has one sibling (an older sister)
- She is one of the original members of DreamCatcher that previously debuted under the name Minx
- She debuted as a member of MINX on September 18th, 2014, with the first single “Why Did You Come To My Home?”
- In the group, she is said to be a ‘wolf’
- She used to be the vocalist in a band for five years in her freshman and sophomore year in high school
- She participated in the Mnet survival show MIX NINE, and ranked 97
- She idolizes a German metal band named Warlock
- She likes the rock genre songs
- She likes a Japanese rock band named ONE OK ROCK
- She is good at playing the piano
- Blue is her favorite color
- She likes playing video games
- Some say that she resembles China’s national daughter, Guan Xiaotong
- She can imitate the voices of various characters such as Pikachu, Squirtle, and Psyduck
- SISTAR’s Hyorin is her role model
- She learned DJ-ing from her close brother, and she said she was quite interested in DJ-ing
- She is a good friend of Oh My Girl’s Seunghee
- Just like SuA, she is also a Marvel Avengers fan
- It is said that the most difficult moment when she was a trainee was having a stomach infection in middle school (although there was a time when she was almost kidnapped and when she saw someone stealing her mother’s bag)
- When she was in middle school, she was making ramen at home and almost burned the whole house
- Her personal skill is an unknown aegyo called ‘alien aegyo’ where she makes a gesture that looks cute while saying “Hababa~?”
- She made an appearance on the weekly MBC show Every1 Idol with LOVELYZ’s Kei, Loona’s Hee-jin under the group Love Catcher of the Month which was named after each team’s name
- She is said to be weak to alcohol
- She is a fan of ATEEZ
- Among the DreamCatcher members, she is a member who is unintentionally embarrassed or quickly notices other members’ mistakes
- During the “BOCA” promotion, she introduced herself as ‘DreamCatcher’s Tteokbokki’
- She often talks on V LIVE about responding decisively to bad comments
- In the group, she represents the nightmare of being trapped in a small space
- She released her debut single titled “Paradise” on January 28th, 2020
- She once sang the OST for K-Drama Love & Secret with One Junn from Boys Republic titled “Two Of Us”
Siyeon’s Re-debut as a DreamCatcher Member
Siyeon is one of the five original members of DreamCatcher who had previously debuted under the name MINX in 2014. But, on January 13th, 2017, Happy Face Entertainment decided to re-debuted the group under the name DreamCatcher with the single album Nightmare. In 2019 Happy Face Entertainment also followed the step as it has now become the Dreamcatcher Company.
With a new group name and a line-up of seven members, DreamCatcher carries a dark concept where each DreamCatcher member presents nightmares and fears. In the first teaser concept of the group’s re-debut, Siyeon represents the nightmare of being trapped in a small space.
DreamCatcher finally released their album titled Nightmare and title track “Chase Me” on January 13th, 2017, where they received a lot of attention from the public because of their unique concept and songs that sounded horror and rock-metal genre, different from other groups that carried the concept of cute or girl crush.
Siyeon is the main vocalist of this group.
DreamCatcher’s Siyeon’s Personality
Although at first glance, her sharp and clear eyes gave the impression of a cool unnie, her personality is said to be the best gag character in the group. It can be said that this gag personality is due to her wacky and playful words and actions. Siyeon is notorious for making mischievous actions with a soft tone.
Siyeon also has the best charisma in the group. Within the fandom, she is often known as wolves, cats, baby cats, and single pigs for her innocent appearance yet high charisma.
Siyeon’s Appearances in DreamCatcher’s Vlog
Having a playful personality makes Siyeon the perfect candidate to launch her own YouTube channel. Although she hasn’t done that exactly, she still occasionally appears in the DreamCatcher vlog series where they post each member’s activity through a series of YouTube vlogs to increase the engagement with fans.
Check out how she chatted during her visit to Daegu, Japan, and Amsterdam in her DreamCatcher vlogs below!
DreamCatcher’s Siyeon’s Vocal Skills
Like other girl groups’ main vocals, she is often in charge of the high-pitched part of the songs. The main vocals parts of various songs clearly stand out, and in DreamCatcher, her vocal stands out a lot thanks to her unique voice tone. When you look at the practice videos, you can see how her voice can calm you.
Aside from her soft tone, her volume is excellent, and she sounds quite clearly in live radio or MR-removed video. You can definitely see her talent shining through these videos below!