- Park Bo-young as Do Bong-soon
Shin Bi as Do Bong-soon (young version)
A young woman who was born with superhuman strength and wants to use her power for good.
- Park Hyung-sik as Ahn Min-hyuk
Choi Seung-hoon as Ahn Min-hyuk (young version)
A weird wealthy heir and CEO of a gaming company who hides his pain underneath his cheeky behavior.
- Ji Soo as In Gook-doo
Choi Min-young as In Gook-doo (young version)
An idealistic rookie detective who is passionate about justice.
- Ahn Woo-yeon as Do Bong-ki (Bong-soo’s twin brother) and Lee Hyo-dan as Do Bong-ki (younger version)
- Shim Hye-jin as Hwang Jin-yi (Bong-soon’s mother)
- Yoo Jae-myung as Do Chil-goo (Bong-soon’s father)
- Park Bo-mi as Na Gyung-shim (Bong-soon’s best friend)
- Jeon Seok-ho as Secretary Gong (Min-hyuk’s secretary)
- Han Jung-kook as Ahn Chul-doo (Min-hyuk’s father, chairman of Ohsung group)
- Seol In-dah as Jo Hee-ji (Gook-doo’s girlfriend)
- Kim Won-hae as Oh Dol-ppyeo (Head of Development Planning Team at Ainsoft)
- And others
- Kang Ji-young as JTVC announcer (ep. 2, 8, 10, 13)
- Lee Cheol-min as Fortuneteller (ep. 4, 7)
- Song Won-geun as himself, theater actor (ep. 7, 8)
- Yoon Sang-hyun as Charles Go (ep. 8)
- Lee Soo-ji as Voice Phishing Specialist
- Jung Chang-min as Voice Phishing Specialist
- Jang Sung-gyu as JTVC announcer
- Kwon Hyuk-soo as fake Indian Monk Nizamuddin/Jo Dal-bong (ep. 12-14)
- Lee Sang as Ainsoft Receptionist (ep. 14)
- Clara Lee as Lee Bong-soon, Dental Hygienist (ep. 16)
|1.||Your Garden (그대란 정원)||Jung Eun-ji (Apink)||04:03|
|3.||How Would It Be? (어떨까)||Standing Egg||03:49|
|4.||Pit-A-Pat (두근두근)||Kim Chung-ha||03:30|
|5.||Double Trouble Couple||Mamamoo||03:30|
|6.||I Fall in Love (사랑에 빠진 걸까요)||Vromance feat. Obroject||03:20|
|7.||Super Power Girl||Every Single Day||03:55|
|8.||Because of You (그 사람이 너라서)||Park Hyung-sik||03:53|
Each of the soundtracks has an instrumental version.
5 Reasons Why You Should Watch Strong Woman Do Bong-soon
1. Unusual main female character
We usually find Korean drama with a strong-hearted main female character. However, this drama offers us a different one, that is a female lead who is literally strong as she inherits a superpower from her family. Park Bo-young successfully characterizes the pretty but strong woman, Do Bong-soon, and make us invest a lot of emotion in her character.
Although Bong-soon is physically strong, she is an ordinary human in the heart. She expresses her feelings like happiness, anger, and even sadness. Her personality is also likable, in such a way she doesn’t think twice to help and defend the weak ones like the old man or the bullied student. She is an inspiring character and no wonder we will feel empowered as we watch the drama.
2. Hot male lead characters and a bromance …!!
We should thank the casting director for choosing Park Hyung-sik and Ji Soo as the male main characters. It was a great decision to recruit them two as they characterize their roles really well.
Hyung-sik portrays a playful and spoiled wealthy CEO, Ahn Min-hyuk, who shamelessly asks a woman to become his bodyguard. You will fall in love not only for his looks but his personality as he respects Bong-soon and the way he encourages her to embrace her power instead of hiding it.
He doesn’t really care about gender role, he likes to shop and gets scared to live alone.
The way he treats Bong-soon is even more priceless! He always has a different reaction whenever it comes to Bong-soon’s superpower. Rather than being terrified, he is mesmerized and admires her strength. Not to mention the guts he has when he confesses his feelings to Bong-soon and his sweet gestures. What a boyfriend material!
Meanwhile, Ji Soo portrays a more masculine and mature character as the police officer In Gook-doo. Different from Hyung-sik’s role, Ji Soo has to be a person who sees women as the ones that need to be protected and should watch out for men (because he thinks men are dangerous!). Gook-do shows his concern towards Bong-soon, especially when she sleeps over at Hyung-sik’s place.
It is obviously a jealous act but he doesn’t seem to realize it. The tension between the two men slowly grows as their feelings toward Bong-soon grow too. The sweet side of him is shown when he finally meets Bong-soon at the final episode as he wishes her to be happy even though with another man. Ouch!
Also, we all agree that he LOVES his job so much that he will do anything to get things done!
However, through the episodes, we will see both of the men often not only being competitive to get Bong-soon but also caring for each other. When they are sober, of course, not the drunk version.
One honorable moment is when Gook-doo calls out Min-hyuk to grab his collar and threaten him to treat Bong-soon well because she is his friend and even though he really doesn’t like Min-hyuk, he will let him try to make her happy. Gook-doo ends up telling him all her likes and dislikes, even how to make her sleep! How mature is that?