Marriage Not Dating: General Information
Marriage Not Dating (Hangul: 연애 말고 결혼) is a television series in 2018 starring Yeon Woo-jin, Han Groo, Jeong Jinwoon, Han Sunhwa, Heo Jung-min, and Yoon So-hee. The drama aired on tvN from July 4 to August 23, 2014. It contains 16 episodes and appeared every Friday and Saturday at 8:40 PM [KST]. The genre is romance, comedy, and drama. It was written by Joo Hwa-mi.
Gong Ki-tae and Joo Jang Mi: Love Really Comes When Pretending to Love One Another
Gong Ki-tae has no interest in getting married, but he’s forced by his family to marry. Gong Ki-tae is a wealthy plastic surgeon. On the other hand, Joo Jang-mi dreamed about is a marriage and wish to be married to a man, who loves her truly for being her. To make Gong Ki-tae’s parents give up about the marriage, he purposely brings Joo Jang-mi home to meet his parents pretend as his girlfriend, certain that they’ll never approve of her.
Gi Tae and Jang Mi first meeting is when Jang Mi wants to proposed to her boyfriend, Lee Hoon Dong. Lee Hon Dong doesn’t want to get married because of his personality of being a playboy. Hoon Dong actually feeling bad if denied her proposed so he asked his friends, Gi Tae to come and help him denied her proposed.
after that proposed accident, Hoon Dong left from Jang Mi’s life. On the other plot, Gi Tae is warned by his mother if doesn’t bring a girlfriend home, the apartment that he lived will be confiscated. Finally, Gi Tae asked Jang Mi to be his pretend girlfriend. At first, Jang Mi denied it, but in the end, she approved the plan to revenge Hoon Dong.
As time goes by, they really need each other. It looks on Gi Tae who is worried when Jang Mi is in danger. Jang Mi does so too when she looks happy when her parents greet Gi tae. Without realizing, both of them is really like each other. They both look not want to avoid their fake marriage and want that’s marriage to happen.
Gi Tae planning to proposed Jang Mi but on the last, Kang Se Ah (his ex-fiancee) crush that plan. She leak the fake relationship to Gi Tae’s mother. And also, Gi Tae’s mother is shocked when seeing Jang Mi hugged Yeo Reum in front of Gi Tae’s apartment. Gi Tae’s mother doesn’t know that it’s just a goodbye hugged. In the end, the married plan is canceled. Kang Se Ah comes to Gi Tae to express her love again but Gi Tae firmly rejected it.
After a lot of conflicts, in the end, Jang Mi and Gi Tae get to married. Need much time to be them to together. They also working hard to build trust with their parents after their fake relationship before.
- Yeon Woo-jin as Gong Ki-tae. A 33-year-old successful plastic surgeon with an abrasive personality. Gi-tae enjoys solitude too much to settle down, much to the dismay of his parents
- Han Groo as Joo Jang-mi. A 29-year-old girl who earnestly believes in true love despite her countless failures in previous relationships. As an employee at a luxury brand shop, she is surrounded by luxury products but has none of her own. Although her age and socio-economic class make her an unattractive bride in the “marriage market,” Jang-mi still wants to find the right man to marry, because her greatest fear is being alone.
- Jeong Jinwoon as Han Yeo-reum. A restaurant waiter with aspirations of becoming a chef. Though playful and sweet, Yeo-reum’s painful past (his mother abandoned him as a child) makes him push away anyone who gets too close. But he finds himself falling for Jang-mi.
- Han Sun-hwa as Kang Se-ah. Like her former fiance Gi-tae, Se-ah is a rich, single plastic surgeon, plus her father is a hospital director. After their break-up, Se-ah’s convinced that women (including herself) can do without men. In order to get pregnant, she begins to blackmail Gi-tae into giving her his sperm.
- Heo Jung-min as Lee Hoon-dong. The owner of an upscale restaurant, and Gi-tae’s best friend. Hoon-dong once dated Jang-mi but broke her heart and even accused her of being a stalker. But when she gets over him, he regrets his actions and begins pursuing her again.
- Yoon So-hee as Nam Hyun-hee. Jang-mi’s coworker who wants to hit the jackpot by marrying a rich man. Hyun-hee develops real feelings for Hoon-dong after their one-night stand.
|Stop the Love Now
(연애는 이제 그만)
|Just One Day
|Son Ho Young and Danny Ahn of G.O.D|
|Hope and Hope
|Kim Na Young|
|Stop the Love Now (Rock Ver.)
연애는 이제 그만 (Rock Ver.)
|Han Groo feat. 2morro|
|Call My Name||Han Byul|
|Just One Day (Solo Ver.)
하루만 (Solo Ver.)
|Son Ho Young and Danny Ahn of G.O.D|
|Hope and Hope (Guitar Ver.)
바라고 바라고 (Guitar Ver.)
|Love Lane (Inst.)||Various Artist|
|Sugar Sugar||Various Artist|
|What’s Up?||Various Artist|
|Hoon-Dong’s Theme||Various Artist|
|Love Knots||Various Artist|
Here’s the playlist of the OST that you can enjoy!
Reasons You Should Give Marriage Not Dating a Try
- The chemistry of both of the main role is really good.
- Romance and Comedy that nearly wrapped so the viewers can enjoy it.
- Characters traits that make the whole drama looks interesting.
- The Plot Twist that makes you crazy.