Learn More About Do Ji-won — A South Korean Actress
Do Ji-won is a South Korean actress. She rises from a drama called Ladies of the Palace. She was also known for her role from No Matter What, Queen for Seven Days, Smile Again, and many more. Do Ji-won was graduated from Hanyang University, majoring in dance. She debuted in the entertainment industry through her ballet skills. In 1992, She hosted a segment on KBS’s radio called Do Ji-won’s Popular Songs. In this article, Channel Korea will explain all about Do Ji-won! Keep scrolling.
Do Ji-won Full Profile
- Full Name: Do Ji-won (도지원 / 都知嫄)
- Date of Birth: February 14, 1966
- Place of Birth: Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Nationality: Republic of Korea
- Height: 167.1 cm
- Weight: 48 kg
- Blood Type: B
- Religion: Protestantism
- Years Active: 1989 – present
- Agency: Namoo Actors
- Education: Lila Elementary School, Soongeui Girls’ Middle School, Sunhwa Arts High School, Bachelor of Arts in Dance at Hanyang University
- Official Instagram: anna.dojiwon
Do Ji-won Fun Facts
- Do Ji-won made her debut on KBS Special Agent and commercial film (CF) ‘D-Bong’ Exclusive Model in 1989. She made her acting debut in 1990 with KBS Drama called ‘Seoul Ddukbaegi (서울 뚝배기).’
- Before her debut drama, she received Best New Actress from KBS Drama Awards in 1990 with nominated works, Seoul Ddukbaegi.
- She graduated from Hanyang University, majoring in dance.
- She said she couldn’t drink at all and said she was drunk while eating her cold noodles.
- Do Ji-won joined the Korea National Ballet and was chosen as the model for the ballet company’s commercials, which led to her breakthrough in the entertainment industry.
- Do Ji-won resembles actress Kim Seo-hyung, who once had her confusing appearance and looks similar to singer Kang Su-ji.
- Do Ji-won is a home-body person. On days off, she usually stays at home with her family rather than going out to play on her days off.
- Like Ye Ji-won, who uses the same name, she is known in the entertainment industry as an actress who is actually single but married.
- She used to host a radio show in 1992 with the title Do Ji-won’s Popular Songs. It was aired on KBS 2FM or now known as KBS Cool FM.
- Do Ji-won was kidnapped in 1998. She was kidnapped when she tried to get into his BMW car parked in an underground parking lot after exercising at a sports center in Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu.
Do Ji-won Debut as an Actress
Do Ji-won made her debut as an actress in 1989. She was chosen as the model for the ballet company’s commercials, contributing to her breakthrough in the film industry. She debuted in KBS Drama called Seoul Ddukbaegi (1990), which led her to win an award from KBS Drama Award as Best New Actress. Do Ji-won mostly had a role in historical drama.
Do Ji-won Film & Drama Series
Do Ji-won has been playing in various dramas such as Ladies of the Palace, General Hospital 2, Smile Again, Golden Rainbow, Queen for Seven Days, and many more. Check out some of her role in film and drama, recommended by Channel-Korea for you~
Do Ji-won Appearances on Horror Movie ‘Cinderella’
Cinderella is a South Korean horror movie directed by Bong Man-dae. The film was starring Do Ji-won and Shin Se-kyung. The film tells the story of the daughter of a cosmetic surgeon who is witnessing unusual occurrences that appear to be related to her youth. The main character is Hyunsu, a normal 17-year-old girl whose mother also happens to be a plastic surgeon. Hyunsu’s friends also go to her mother for cosmetic surgery, but after that, friends become consumed with their faces and finally end up dead.
Cinderella was released on August 17, 2006. The film reaches about $1,530,046 on its opening day.
Check out the snippet of the movie here:
Rise with Historical Drama ‘Ladies of the Palace’
Ladies of the Palace is a South Korean drama starring Kang Soo-yeon, Jeon In-hwa, Do Ji-won, Lee Deok-hwa, Park Sang-min. The drama finished with 150 episodes, starts from February 5, 2001, until July 22, 2002, every Monday and Tuesday at 9:55 PM on the SBS channel. Do Ji-won acted as Kyeong Bin-Bak.
Ladies of the Palace is a legendary historical drama that still has a lot of vitality. It was composed of 50 episodes in the early stages of planning and airing but ended with 150 episodes.
The drama was top-rated when it was aired because of the interesting plot. The drama tells about the turbulent biography of Queen Moonjeong, who became the wife of the real powers who shook the world from a lowly status to Lady Jung and Gyeonggi, and who commanded the world with the help of Jeong Nan-jung.
Check out Ladies of the Palace opening theme here:
Do Ji-won Appearances on ‘No Matter What’
No Matter What is a South Korean drama that produced and aired in 2020. The drama was mainly starring by Na Hye-mi, Choi Woong, Jung Min-ah, and Jung Heon. Do Ji-won act as Hae-sim. She had a role as a florist, president of ‘Piera Florist’, and mother of Bo-ra.
No Matter What tells the story about the children who have gone through a divorce and remarriage of their parents fight against the world’s prejudice and overcome fierce difficulties facing work and love. The drama aired on the KBS channel on Monday through Friday from 8:30 PM to 9:00 PM. The drama was scheduled for October 12, 2020, and ends on March 26, 2021.
You can watch the drama on Youtube. The scene(s) was compiled and made into a playlist by KBS World. Check out the playlist below:
Do Ji-won Kidnapped Story
In 1998, Do Ji-won experience an unexpected story. She was being kidnapped by a man and a woman in their 20s. She was threatened with a knife and kidnapped when she tried to get into his BMW car parked in an underground parking lot after exercising at a sports center in Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu.
Seocho Police Station in Seoul on the fifth sought an arrest warrant for two individuals, Yoo Deok-hyun and Kwon Hyun-sook, for kidnapping Do Ji-won and extort more than 14 million won (special robbery). The robber bound her eyes, mouth, and hands to the blue tape and locked her in the trunk of Do Ji-won’s vehicle.
Yoo and Kwon, who withdrawn some 700,000 won with Do Ji-won’s card in the next five hours, left the trunk of their car open in the Daechi-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul residential district. The robber also called Do Ji-won’s house the next day and threatened to kill their families if they did not pay more money, and received about 14 million won from Yoo’s bank account.
Fortunately, Yoo Deok-hyun and Kwon Hyun-sook were arrested by police on November 5, 1998, while sleeping in front of Do Ji-won’s parking lot in D apartment building in Jamwon-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul, after calling for 50 million won more.
What do you think of Do Ji-won kidnapped experience? It’s scary, isn’t it? Anyway, what is your favorite Do Ji-won’s drama? Please leave your comment below, and don’t forget to share!