Let’s Get Closer With DIA’s Main Vocalist, Also Known as UNI.T’s Member: Baek Ye-bin
Baek Ye-bin, better known as Yebin, is a member of the girl-group DIA (DIAMOND or Do It Amazing) under MBK Entertainment, and who plays the role of the main vocalist. This beautiful idol, who was born on July 13, 1997, in Chuncheon, South Korea, is a talented singer with a beautiful voice. She was previously a trainee of Ensoul Entertainment, and trained with Project A. Then, Yebin joined DIA two months before the announcement of the group’s final lineup.
She officially debuted with DIA on September 14, 2015, by releasing their first full album, titled ‘Do It Amazing’. Yebin had participated in the survival program The Unit, and she was ranked second in the event, which made her a member of UNI.T.
In this article, Channel-Korea will introduce you to DIA’s and UNI.T’s main vocalist, Yebin. So, stay tuned!
DIA’s Yebin’s Full Profile
Stage Name: Yebin (예빈)
Birth Name: Baek Ye-bin (백예빈)
Position: Lead Vocalist
Birthday: July 13, 1997
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Official Height: 164 cm (5’5″)/Real Height: 162 cm (5 ft 3¾ in)
Weight: 43 kg (94 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Facts About DIA’s Yebin
- She was born in Chuncheon, South Korea.
- In her family, Yebin has a younger brother named Baek Jin-woo.
- She became part of the ‘maknae line’ with Chaeyeon and Eunjin, the other DIA’s youngest members.
- This Cancer girl has several nicknames, including Reaction Masters, A Thousand Faces, Binsbins, and Antenna.
- Yebin’s vocal power made her not only praised and admired by fans, but by her group mates, as well.
- She is often considered the younger sister of former T-ara member Soyeon, because their faces are so similar.
- She and Cathy had once joined a dance group, no wonder she often says good things about Cathy.
- This idol, who has a lot of aegyo (acting cute), is good at playing guitar.
- Her favorite food is Dakgalbi, a popular Korean food.
- She used to dance with Hui Hyeon (Cathy).
- She shared a room with Chaeyeon and Eunjin.
- Yebin was the last member chosen, two months before the official announcement of group members.
- Her favorite singer is IU, a famous female soloist in South Korea.
- Yebin is close to the boy-group members from MBK Entertainment.
- She is close to Arin and Binnie from Oh My Girl.
- Yebin who wrote the song “Waiting For You”, which is on the min album ‘Happy Ending’.
- MBK added it to the album after reaching 500 thousand hearts when Yebin appeared on V Live performing the song.
- She wants to collaborate with IU, Yoo Seung-Woo, and Brother Su.
- Yebin appeared on episode 95 of the “King of Mask Singer” TV program.
- Yebin and Somyi made their appearnces as a participants of the survival program titled “The Unit” (KBS, 2017).
Yebin’s Predebut Story
Before debut, Yebin was one of the trainees from Ensoul Entertainment. In the agency, she was scheduled to debut with the girl-group Project A, along with Jenny and Eunchae, who are now also members of DIA. Before debut, Yebin had one dance school with Huihyeon at Calip Dance Academy. Before her official debut with DIA, Yebin was once a model for school uniforms with B1A4 members. She has also been a Clean n Clear ad model with Soohyun from Akdong Musician.
Yebin’s Debut with DIA
Yebin made her official debut with DIA on September 14, 2015. She is a member who was included in the debut’s line up two months before DIA debuted under MBK ENtertainment.
Yebin Joining The Unit
The KBS TV station airs an idol reboot program entitled ‘The Unit’. The program produced by KBS brings together idols who have debuted, but didn’t get the chance to become famous. Through this program, it is hoped that groups that have debuted will become more famous and K-Pop music lovers can see their talents to later debut as one unit. In short, this program is a second chance for disadvantaged groups.
DIA sent two new members, Yebin and Somyi, to compete on the ‘The Unit.’ DIA, which was shaded by MBK Entertainment, debuted on September 14, 2015. Yebin and Somyi are known to have joined as “The Unit” participants. The two DIA members discussed their reasons for volunteering to become trainees again on the KBS survival program.
“Since debuting as DIA, I often show a cheerful side in me. In ‘The Unit’, I will show a different side by singing and playing an acoustic guitar. I hope to get a lot of things from this program,” said Yebin. “I will not be in a hurry, and take one thing at a time to realize my dream. I wish I could make a sound out there. I like number 7, so I wish I could finish seventh.”
Yebin and Somyi said they often asked for advice from Jung Chae-Yeon, who first followed the survival program, ‘Produce 101’. They also said that the main reason for joining ‘The Unit’ was for the success of DIA. “DIA is not a ‘100 percent perfect’ group. So we will do our best in ‘The Unit’ and create the results we can get from DIA. We will do what we can to make it a ‘100 percent perfect’ group,” they said.
Yebin’s Redebut with UNI.T
In July 2017, KBS announced their new survival program, which would form both a male and a female unit group with nine members each, from among the idols who had debuted previously. This program aims to give them a fair chance to showcase talents that they might not have been able to show before. This program premiered on October 28, 2017, and ended on February 10, 2018. On airing February 24, 2018, The Unit’s Special Show, the nine final members of “Uni + T” changed their name to UNI.T.
Yebin is one of the contestants who successfully debuted with UNI.T. They debuted on May 18, 2018.
Yebin’s Solo Discography
|2016||Happy Ending||“Waiting For You (널 기다려)”||Solo|
|2017||Present||“Seoraksan in October (시월에 설악산)”||With Somyi|
|2016||Happy Ending||V live||Yebin||Lead role|
|2017||The Unit: Idol Rebooting Project||KBS||Contestant|
Latest News About Yebin
Yebin’s Recent Instagram Updates
Yebin’s Latest News
Teenagers in South Korea are once again in love with the latest ‘finger heart’ trends. K-Pop fans are certainly familiar with the term ‘finger heart’, which is a trend that forms fingers to be similar to the heart.
This time the latest ‘finger heart’ trend came from a member of girl-group DIA, Yebin, who showed a ‘finger heart’ style that was far different from usual. Different from the ‘finger heart’ before, this time the ‘finger heart’ was made by joining the left and right thumb and index fingers together, so that they could form a unique heart symbol.
That was all for the information about DIA’s and UNI.T’s main vocalist, Yebin. Don’t forget to give your thoughts on the comment below!