Sweet friendship between South Korean K-Pop idols DIA’s Jung Chae-yeon and SEVENTEEN’s Kim Min-gyu
Seventeen’s Mingyu and DIA’s Jung Chae-yeon are known to be close friends. The two idols who were both born in 1997 were once hosts of the music program Inkigayo which was aired on SBS. Because they were born in the same year and both were also MCs of the weekly music program together, Chaeyeon and Mingyu became very close to each other.
It is known that Chaeyeon and Mingyu are actually close friends. Some said that when the camera is off, they squabble, then dance together and goof around. Both of them also often show sweet interactions as friends, both directly in front of the public and on their respective private social media accounts. Both of them always make the public exasperate because of their interactions and many netizens think that they are in a relationship. Because of the many sweet interactions shown by Chaeyeon and Mingyu, they are often matched by fans and many hope that they are dating. However, both Mingyu and Chaeyeon only regard each other as good reliable friends.
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with information about what happens between DIA’s Jung Chae-yeon and SEVENTEEN’s Mingyu? Are they in a relationship or not? Are we talking about friendship or friendzone? So, stay tuned!
Chaeyeon and Mingyu: Friendship or More?
DIA’s Chaeyeon and SEVENTEEN’s Mingyu are South Korean idols who were born in the same year, 1997. Both also debuted in the same year, which was 2015. Then, because both of them had a career in the South Korean entertainment world and joined in a group and knew each other’s difficulties that each other had been through that made Chaeyeon and Mingyu become closer.
Jung Chae-yeon and Mingyu got closer because both of them have been MCs on the South Korean weekly music program SBS’ Inkigayo which aired on SBS with Song Kang. Many fans left comments admiring their close friendship behind the camera. It is known that Jung Chae-yeon and Mingyu are two of Inkigayo’s favorite MCs. The difference in height and body proportions of the two are often discussed by the netizens. Because of their closeness, fans even question the relationship between Mingyu and Chaeyeon because they seem to be quite comfortable with each other. They also commented on each other’s photo posts on their respective Instagram. That’s what makes their fans speculate that the two are involved in a relationship. However, Chaeyeon and Mingyu only admit that they are friends and nothing more.
DIA’s Chaeyeon And SEVENTEEN’s Mingyu’s Sweet Interactions
Interactions on Instagram
SEVENTEEN’s Mingyu and DIA’s Jung Chae-yeon are known to be close friends. The two idols who were both born in 1997 have also guided the music program Inkigayo which aired on SBS. On February 3rd, 2019, Chaeyeon posted a post on Instagram to commemorate her one-year as an MC of the South Korean weekly music program Inkigayo. The post in the form of a photo uploaded by Chaeyeon with Mingyu and actor Song Kang received praise comments from Mingyu.
“You did well! Ha ha,” Mingyu wrote, followed by a thumb emoji. Comment from the chanter of the song “Don’t Wanna Cry,” then Chaeyeon replied with, “Mingyu sob sob. Good job.” Mingyu himself also posted a post to commemorate the one year being the Inkigayo MC. “One year anniversary,” Chaeyeon commented in his post. “Chaeyeon… Thank you,” Mingyu replied.
Seeing the sweet interaction between Mingyu and Chaeyeon on Instagram, netizens were also furious. Through a post on an online community site, netizens revealed their support for the two popular idols.
“They look good together. They should just go out!” netizens commented. “Ah crazy hahaha. Why are they both chatting like that? So cute hahaha,” said another netizen. “To be honest, they have chemistry as the MCs of Inkigayo. I’m sad that they don’t run the show anymore,” said another. “I’m not trying to create a rumor but their visuals together are f*cking amazing,” said a netizen. “I hate our country seeings male and female friends as dating huhu, especially when it comes to idols. I really like seeing people of the opposite gender being friends like that. I think other fans are too harsh,” added another. “They both look like the quiet and calm type but their way of talking is so friggin cute… It’s like children talking together,” said yet another.
Blocking Seventeen’s Mingyu’s car
Seventeen fans might already know that Mingyu is close friends with DIA’s Jung Chae-yeon, who is also a former member of IOI. The two idols are the same age and were both born in 1997. Not only that, Mingyu and Chaeyeon also hosted the Inkigayo music program that aired on SBS every Sunday. In December 2018, fans found an adorable moment between Mingyu and Chaeyeon after completing SBS’ Inkigayo music program.
At that time, Mingyu entered the car and was preparing to leave. But Chaeyeon actually stood in front of his car and seemed to intentionally not want to stay away by greeting the people that she met. This moment became the spotlight of netizens on online community sites. Not a few netizens who think their interactions are adorable.
- [+107][-4] I’m not a fan of both idols, but isn’t it obvious that they were just joking because they’re close? You can totally see how close they are just by watching Inkigayo live from the studio. When the camera goes off, they would quarrel, hit each other as a joke, dance and hang out together… They even whisper something to each other. I’ve watched Inkigayo live from the studio several times, that’s how I know all of these.
- [+91][-8] I often go to watch Inkigayo live and I wouldn’t say they were joking in a lovey-dovey way… They’re just joking in a way that real friends would joke. The other second they quarrel with each other, the other second they joke around, and the other second they would play together…
- [+54][-4] I watched the whole video and the conclusion that I can pull off is: that both of them are so cute…
- [+37][-1] So what happened back then was, Jung Chaeyeon was greeting the staff in that spot and there came Mingyu’s car. Mingyu greeted Jung Chaeyeon and they joked a little bit there. She was not blocking the whole road, the other car you can see in the picture was her own car. So please, do not accuse Jung Chaeyeon of weird things if you don’t know the truth behind it…ㅜㅜ
- [+37][-6] The cars in Inkigayo‘s parking spot usually move really slow… Why do people keep saying that Chaeyeon is blocking the road…ㅋㅋ They’re just joking because they’re close!
Staring Intimately at Chaeyeon While Speaking
SEVENTEEN’s Mingyu and DIA’s Jung Chae-yeon are both hosting the Inkigayo music program that airs on SBS every Sunday. February 3rd, 2019, was the last time for Chaeyeon to MC after deciding to leave the program. Before the program ended, Chaeyeon said goodbye to the audience. A post on the online community site Pann highlighted the sweet interaction of the former IOI personnel with fellow Inkigayo MC, Mingyu. In the photos posted in the post, Mingyu looks at Chaeyeon while smiling. Chaeyeon who was holding a bouquet of flowers and mic seemed to cry while saying her last message as the MC of Inkigayo.
Mingyu said he really really wants to win on Inkigayo, congratspic.twitter.com/2UN3987MbU
— 원투유 [s/h] (@ohmyjww) February 3, 2019
“Today is Jung Chae-yeon’s last day as Inkigayo MC. She cried, so Mingyu kept fanning while looking at her as she spoke. Everything Mingyu did was very sweet,” wrote the netter who published the post. This post got quite a lot of attention from netizens. Some netizens are afraid of people misunderstanding seeing Mingyu and Chaeyeon’s interaction on Inkigayo on February 3rd.
- [+170][-5] I’m posting this since some people might misunderstand him, but he’s originally a very friendly person^^ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+161][-5] I’m afraid some people would take him the wrong way because of those pictures. But Mingyu has this thing of staring at someone else when they talk, be it a man or a woman…ㅜㅜ
- [+94][-2] Look at the way he stares at someone else…ㅜㅠ He always stares at his teammates too when they talk…
- [+59][-1] Everything Kim Mingyu does is always heart-fluttering…ㅜㅜ
- [+55][-0] Mingyu and Chaeyeon are really handsome and pretty. The sight of them joking around and bickering at each other was really funny, and now we can’t see it anymore…ㅜㅜ They get along really well, especially since they’re the same age. Anyway, who’s going to be the new MC?
- [+52][-0] This scene really did make my heart skip a beat…
- [+34][-0] When Chaeyeon cried, Carats were like ‘Don’t cry! Don’t cry!’ and at that time Mingyu looked at them with a peaceful gaze and went, ‘Ssh!’ The fans quickly became quiet right after that…ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It was really funny…ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+34][-0] I can’t believe we can’t see the chemistry between Chaeyeon and Mingyu anymore now…ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Unnie, thank you so much…
- [+29][-0] Inkigayo has gotten so much more fun because of them… And then that incident where they bickered in the parking lot happened and became a controversy… And now she’s quitting the show…ㅠㅠㅠ
- [+23][-0] Huk… No, this can’t be true… I watch Inkigayo just to see Jung Chae-yeon’s face…ㅠㅠㅠ
Knetz Shipping Chaeyeon x Mingyu
This one between Inkigayo‘s MC Seventeen’s Mingyu and DIA’s Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon hands look so small and cute. Both pretend to call each other mom and then their hand becomes red because of clapping so hard for the stage, lol.
- |2018.11.13 01:05 신고하기
Inkigayo MCs’ chemistry is jjang, their visual also good and has a positive vibe
- |2018.11.12 22:57 신고하기
Both are visually great
- |2018.11.13 19:29 신고하기
Nowadays, I often come to a music show and when I saw Mina and Mark they just stop interacting when camera off like a business couple. While Mingyu and Chaeyeon look more sincere in their closenessㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They both talk a lot and dance together while watching the stageㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ that’s really cuteㅜ
- |2018.11.13 20:16 신고하기
Both Mingyu and Chaeyeon seem really close, once I got to seat close to the MC and when the camera was off they were just looking at each other, it really looked cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ When Twice were on the stage they both were sitting on the floor to see the stage on the monitor ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I want to see the stage but can’t help but taking a glance at them since both are just cute
- |2018.11.13 15:24 신고하기
Chaeyeon is so pretty ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ She can look pure, sexy and gorgeous…
- |2018.11.13 18:06 신고하기
Chaeyeon’s hand looks small compared to Mingyu’s giant hand
- |2018.11.13 20:53 신고하기
These days Chaeyeon has to wear 10 cm heels just because of their height difference…
- |2018.11.13 14:13 신고하기
Heard it will end in February… Inkigayo MCs are always changing, Seventeen are also gonna have a comeback and they will be tired with packed schedules
- |2018.11.13 22:21 신고하기
I also had red hand before because clapping so hard for Seventeen stages, I was really working hard that day ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- |2018.11.13 03:33 신고하기
I’m a fan of Chaeyeon’s, hope they MC together for a long time ㅜㅜ Mingyu is handsome tho
- |2018.11.13 22:07 신고하기
I’m Kim Mingyu carats and Chaeyeon is pretty
- |2018.11.14 23:02 신고하기
Last time when Chaeyeon made a mistake when the camera went off Mingyu pretended to kick her… That was really cute ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ