Get Personal with D-Crunch’s Hyunwook
In July 2018, All-S Entertainment announced that it would launch a new 9-member group produced by CEO Lee Jong-suk, the same CEO who gave birth to groups like Girl’s Day and MAP6. The group then officially debuted on August 6th, 2018, under the name D-Crunch! D-Crunch (디 크런치) or Diamond Crunch (다이아몬드 크런치) debuted with the release of their first single entitled “0806”. D-Crunch debuted with a lineup of 9 members including Hyun-ho, Hyunwook, OV, Hyunoh, Hyunwoo, Dylan, Chanyoung, Jeongseung, and Minhyuk.
D-Crunch is filled with many talented members each of whom has his own specialty. One of the members with a noticeable singing talent, as well as the one who has been in charge of the vocals, is Hyunwook, the main vocalist with a cute flower boy look. Hyunwook is mostly noticeable for his appearance and slightly foreign looks. Ready to get to know him better? Scroll down this article below to find out about his full profile!
D-Crunch’s Hyunwook’s Full Profile
Stage Name: Hyunwook (현욱)
Birth Name: Ji Hyun-wook (지현욱)
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: July 1st, 1998
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Blood Type: O
Hometown: Gwangmyeong, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 65.6 kg (143 lbs)
D-Crunch’s Hyunwook’s Fun Facts
- He was the 5th trainee who was introduced as a member of D’Crunch
- He was revealed on June 7th, 2018
- He became a trainee at the All-S Company around April or June 2017
- He took part in the making of D-Crunch’s debut song
- Michael Jackson and Bruno Mars are his favorite artists
- He shares a room with Hyun-woo
- He is very sensitive to cleanliness
- He likes to relieve his stress by eating tasty foods
- He is not good at cooking but he wants to cook for the other D-Crunch members
- He has a younger sister
- He dreamt of becoming a pop singer since he was young
- He set a goal of becoming the ‘new Vocal Monster’ by becoming the main vocalist in a group of 6 rappers
- He wants to become a ‘Monster Rookie’ who can make his own name famous in the music industry to help his parents who are still worried about him
- He was very happy with his company for allowing him to participate in the making of D-Crunch’s debut song
- He was said to be the strongest member according to Hyunwoo, who said that he could slam Hyunwoo easily
- He and Dylan live parallel lives
- A vocal impression of Louis Armstrong is something he can do
- His eyes are his charming points
- His hobby includes watching sports
- He is extremely bad at doing acrostic poems (He once mentioned “Digimon” for ‘D’ and “Crayon” for ‘CR’)
- He describes his personality as gentle
- He said that the color black describes his personality because it goes well with anything
- A bad habit he would like to fix is his habit of focusing on one singular thing as it doesn’t allow him to focus on other things
D-CRUNCH’s Hyunwook’s Visual
One of the most noticeable features of Hyunwook is his sharp eyes in the midst of his cute face. He said it himself that his eyes are his charming point.
And as he said before, he describes his personality as gentle. And somehow, his eyes show gentleness and the soft boy persona of his.
Well….he does look like the attentive ‘mother’ of the group.
What do you think? Don’t you agree?
D-Crunch’s Hyunwook’s Singing “Grenade”
In the 266th episode of MBC’s Idol Radio, D-Crunch appeared as a guest on the show and Hyunwook shared his singing talents by covering Bruno Mars’ song “Grenade”. His powerful voice, and perfect English pronunciation, generated praise from the audiences in the comment section.
“The voice of an angel,” a user commented.
“I want some content like this. Hope he’s singing more English song❤️,” another user added.
“I wanna see him sing more English songs. I love his voice, especially his high note and a little bit of a rap,” another one added.
Check out the video below!
D-Crunch’s Hyunwook’s Focus Fancam
As the main vocal, it is undeniable that Hyunwook possesses incredible singing skills, with a stable voice and a soothing melody. Whether it’s an upbeat or slow song, it seems that his voice can perfectly match it all.
Check out this special stage fancam of him!
For a bonus, check out Hyun-wook’s dancing skills!
D-Crunch’s Hyunwook’s Latest News
On February 5th, 2020, D-Crunch announced that they just ended their exclusive contract with All-S Entertainment, the agency that debuted and trained them.
In exchange, it has been revealed that the group with a new agency called Ai Grand Korea’s agency revealed that they recently signed an exclusive contract with D-Crunch.
And not only that, but the group also made a comeback last year. The news was officially announced via SNS on May 7th, 2020. This marks D-Crunch’s first musical release under their new entertainment agency.
This South Korean boy group released their first teaser photo which made their fans curious. It features an animated image of a boy standing in the lush forest, with a quote saying: “Don’t hide in your shadow.” The teaser photo indicated that the hip-hop group of nine members will move to a darker concept.
D-Crunch’s single titled “Pierrot” was released on May 22nd, 2020.
A few hours after announcing the single, D-Crunch also released their comeback schedule. The first concept photos were released starting May 11th, 2020, followed by various music video teasers before officially releasing “Pierrot”.
This schedule will slowly explore the concept of various photos. The schedule is written on some crumpled paper followed by a saturated gray color scheme. In addition, behind the word “Pierrot” lies a quote that reads, “The dice has been thrown.”
The group also released the individual members’ teasers which included Hyunwook who was dressed classily in the black and white pictures.
D-Crunch initially underwent a contract with All-S Company in 2018 when they first debuted. It will be an interesting development process to see how the group’s sound style will grow under their new company. The members also frequently share footage of their music production on their official SNS channel to raise fans’ anticipation.
— D-CRUNCH (디크런치) (@DIA_CRUNCH) April 10, 2020
Check out their newest MV below!
So, those are all the things that you need to know regarding the main vocalist of D-Crunch, Hyunwook! So, what do you think about him? Kindly share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!