Learn More About The Queens of K-Pop Ballads—DAVICHI
DAVICHI has been popular as a duo of female singers who often set their songs as the soundtrack of movies or K-drama. Their vocal skills are beyond any doubt, they are indeed fantastic and talented.
DAVICHI debuted on February 4th, 2008, under MMC Entertainment. They are two beautiful singers Haeri and Minkyung. They are also actively acting in musical theater productions and have also been known to pursue a career as actresses.
Here, in this Channel-Korea article, let’s get to know DAVICHI better! Stay tuned!
DAVICHI Full Profile
Davichi Fandom Name: Davichi Chord
Stage Name: Haeri (Hangeul: 해리)
Birth Name: Lee Hae Ri (이해리)
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist
Birthday: February 14th, 1985
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height: 160 cm (5’3″)
Weight: 43 kg (94 lbs)
Blood Type: B
Stage Name: Minkyung (Hangeul: 민경)
Birth Name: Kang Min Kyung (강민경)
Position: Lead Vocalist, Maknae
Birthday: August 3, 1990
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height: 167 cm (5’6″)
Weight: 48 kg (106 lbs)
Blood Type: O
– Haeri has the nickname Hae Pa Ri (Jellyfish)
– Haeri has two younger twin sisters who were born in 1995
– Haeri has a talent for playing the piano
– She was a student majoring in piano (Post Modern Music) before debut
– Her hobby is singing
– Ideal type: Lee Seung Gi
– Haeri was born in Songpa District, Seoul, South Korea
– Haeri become the leader of DAVICHI
– She was studying in Kyunghee University
– She debuted on January 28th, 2008
– When in her rookie year, Lee Haeri had straight–across bangs hairstyle and strong eye make-up
– As a solo artist, she can better concentrate on singing
– As a Davichi member, she can make perfect harmony with Kang Min-kyung
– Lee Haeri has even played as Seol-hee in the music theater Hero in 2014. This is about the Korean independence movement from Japan in 1909
– Minkyung was born in Goyang, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
– She graduated from SaeHwa High School and Kyung Hee University
– Minkyung was studying postmodern music
– She has the nickname Go Bu Ki
– Minkyung has a hobby of listening to music
– Her ideal man is a tall guy
DAVICHI’s Debut and Breakthrough Story
DAVICHI debuted in 2008 and had a long successful career until 2018. They managed to win many music awards, ranging from Rookie of the Month to Artist of the Year. The first song they ever released is “I Love You Even Though I Hate You” in the album Amaranth.
In 2011, DAVICHI got into a brand new album titled Love Delight with its label Core Contents Media.
Then, at one point, they made an announcement to build their own independent company yet decided to renew the contract with Core Content Media. In 2014, DAVICHI members decided not to renew their contracts with the label and released the last single “Don’t Move.”
In 2015, DAVICHI started a new journey with the new label CJ E&M with the mini-album Davichi Hug. Then, in January 2018, they released “Days Without You” as their 10 year anniversary. That year, DAVICHI held several series of tours and a concert once a year.
That’s all about the journey of the Queens of ballad songs DAVICHI. Let’s always support them and send positive messages. Don’t forget to kindly share your thoughts and leave a comment in the section below!