The Grace is a four-member girl group composed by Lina, Dana, Sunday, and Stephanie. Since releasing their single “My Everything”, the group started using the English name The Grace for all cross-promotions and later combined it with their Korean name to be CSJH The Grace.
In this article, we will tell you more about Lina of CSJH The Grace!
Lina’s Profile and Career
|Birth Name||Lee Ji-yeon (이지연)|
|Birthday||February 18, 1984
|Alma Mater||Myongji University|
|Spouse||Jang Seung-jo (m. 2014)|
Facts About Lina:
- She has many fans in The Grace’s official fandom called Shapley.
- Because her group is on hiatus, she established herself as a musical actress through her participation in original and Korean versions of stage musicals including Fame, Moon Embracing the Sun, Jekyll & Hyde, and Notre-Dame de Paris.
- On July 25, 2014, Lina confirmed that she was dating musical actor Jang Seung-jo for two years. They had been meeting each other since the musical Temptation of Wolves. They got married on November 22, 2014, in a private wedding.
- She is fluent in Korean, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Lina majored in applied music at Myeongji University.
- Once, she said that artists she admires are Linkin Park, Mariah Carey, and Christina Aguilera.
- She is the S in CSJH. S stands for Sangmi, which means “Beauty of Heaven.”
Lina in Isak N Jiyeon
Isak N Jiyeon was a Korean female duo formed by SM Entertainment in 2002 that has since been disbanded. Jiyeon was a member of The Grace, and Isak was featured in the SM Town albums and videos and continued to do a variety of work, such as being a DJ and VJ for Arirang TV, MC work for various networks, and taking on small acting roles on network television.
Isak N Jiyeon, which debuted in 2002, was disbanded in 2004.
Lina with CSJH The Grace
The Grace is a South Korean girl group formed by SM Entertainment in 2005. They debuted on April 29, 2005, with the single “Boomerang”.
They promoted under several different names based on the location for promotion. In Japan, they were known as Tenjochiki (天上智喜 Tenjōchiki). In China, they went with the name Tiān Shàng Zhì Xǐ The Grace, (stylized as TSZX The Grace). And, Cheon Sang Ji Hui Deo Geuleiseu (천상지희 더 그레이스, stylized as CSJH The Grace) in Korea. They debuted in three different countries at once.
Stephanie had a major back injury in 2010, and the remaining three members performed in Seoul’s SM Town Live 10 World Tour. In 2011, they returned with the sub-unit The Grace- Dana&Sunday, and after that, the group did not have many activities due to the members focusing on their individual activities. The group went on hiatus in 2010.
Stephanie then made her official departure from the group in 2016 after her contract with the agency ended. The other members remain in S.M. Entertainment and are busy with their own activities.
CSJH The Grace’s Discography
During their career, CSJH The Grace released the following discography:
|Title||Album Details||Peak Chart Position||Sales|
|One More Time, OK?||
|Title||Year||Peak Chart Position||Album|
|“Too Good”||2005||—||—||One More Time, OK?|
|“My Everything” (열정)||—||—|
|“One More Time, OK?” (한번 더, OK?)||2007||—||—|
|“Dancer in the Rain”||—||—|
|“Too Good”||2006||—||—||Non-album single|
(featuring CORN HEAD)
|“One More Time, OK?”||—||—|
|“Stand Up People”||2008||—||49||Dear…|
(with CLIFF EDGE)