Everything You Need To Know About CNBLUE’s Maknae; Lee Jung-shin
CNBLUE is one of the bands from South Korea that has successfully dominated and competed with the K-Pop group which is known to have a strong fandom. Besides discussing CNBLUE as a Korean band, in this article, we will also get to know more about one of the members who has a position as the bassist of the group.
At first glance, you can recognize one member who has the tallest body posture and has long hair long enough to be easily recognized than the other members. CNBLUE’s bassist, Lee Jung-shin has a lot of talent and has even made several appearances in roles in K-Dramas.
Let’s get to know more about CNBLUE‘s Lee Jung-shin in the article below!
Full Profile of Lee Jung-shin
Real Name : Lee Jung-shin (hangul: 이정신)
Stage Name : Jung-shin (hangul: 정신)
Birth : Ilsan, South Korea, September 15, 1991
Star Sign : Virgo
Height : 188 cm (6’2″)
Weight : 66 kg (145 lbs)
Blood Type : A
Position of the group : Main Rapper, Bassist, Vocalist, Maknae
Family Member : Father, Mother and Brother
- Nakmin Elementary School
- Jeongbal Middle School
- Jeongbal High School
Official Site : Instagram ( @leejungshin91 )
Facts about Lee Jung-shin
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin is the tallest member of the group
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin is very close to CNBLUE’s Minhyuk since they are both in the same age
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin’s favorite singer are Maroon 5 and Hoobastank
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin said that he used to be a short kid, but he grew up 10 cm each year during his high school
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin send all of his money that he earned from the company to his mother
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin is very close to his mother
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin’s mother also knew all of his activities and monitors Jung-shin’s work
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin keeps in touch with his parents every day and always send them a message
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin is very interested in fashion and attended ‘Seoul Fashion Week’ for 2 times since 2010
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin was the main models for fashion designer, Song Hye-mung’s collection in the ‘2010 Seoul Fashion Week’
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin usually compose a song then write a lyrics after that
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin co-produced and wrote the lyrics for CNBLUE’s song. Daisy and Control, from their album ‘Color’ and ‘2gether’
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin always searching for food in the middle of working
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin said that he is the type of man who used to be very shy if someone didn’t approach him first, but he will give everything if someone would like to approach him first
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin would like to be a professional photographer if he didn’t debut as an idol
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin achieved a finalist spot under the ‘Best Photograph’ categori in the ‘2019 INSP Awards’ on June 2018
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin picture that was taken in Myanmars part of FNC’s Volunteer activity was submitted via the ‘Big Issue Korea’ and the picture was titled as Dandelion Flower Seed
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin donated 10 million Won to Hope Bridge National Disaster Relief Asssociation for the victims of the forest fires in Gangwon Province on April 7, 2019
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin is the most hillarious member of the group
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin can easily erase the conflict between the group if there’s any members who were fighting
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin has many bottles of medicines and also vitamin that he kept on his bedrooms
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin als often gives his medicine to the fans as present
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin has a nickname as ‘Goddess’ after his appearance on ‘We Got Married’ and made the most searched on Korean search site
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin appeared as a model in 4Minute’s music video, Heart to Heart
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin was nominated for ‘Best New Actor’ for his appearance in Seoyoung, My Daughter in the ‘KBS Drama Awards’ (2012)
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin was nominated for ‘Best New Actor’ for his appearance in Seoyoung, My Daughter in the ‘6th Korea Drama Awards’ and also ‘Best New TV Actor’ and ‘Most Popular TV Actor’ in the ‘49th Baeksang Arts Awards’ (2013)
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin was nominated and won for ‘New Actor Awards’ in the ‘1st Asia Artist Awards’ (2016)
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin was nominated for ‘Best New Actor’ for his appearance in My Sassy Girl in the ‘25th SBS Drama Awards’ (2017)
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin was appointed as the emcee to celebrated the 70th Anniversary of soldier establishment for a military music concert that was held from October 10, 2018
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin enlisted to the military service from July 31, 2018 and completed on September 5, 2019
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin’s ideal type is a woman who has a fair-skinned which is lighter than him and who has a good attitude with a passion, shines, gain his interest about her
- CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin’s fits an ideal type is actress Lee Bo-young
Lee Jung-shin’s Debut With CNBLUE
CNBLUE was formed in 2009 with four personnel. CN which is contained in the name CNBLUE means ‘Code Name’, while ‘Blue’ represents an acronym for the characteristics of each person. ‘Burning’ represents Lee Jong-hyun (guitarist, vocalist), ‘Lovely’ represents Kang Min-hyuk (drummer, vocalist), ‘Untouchable’ represents Lee Jung-shin (bassist, rapper) and ‘Emotional’ represents Jung Yong-hwa (main vocalist, rhythm guitar, leader).
CNBLUE had once experienced personnel changes, Kwon Kwang-Jin in the bassist position, which left in 2009. The vacant position was immediately replaced by Jung-shin. Lee Jung-shin debuted at the age of 18 and joined CNBLUE as a bassist. With his musical abilities, Lee Jung-shin became one of the bassists known for his talent and other passion in the entertainment industry, he was also able to make his debut as an actor in 2012 after 2 years of debuting as a member of CNBLUE.
Lee Jung-shin said he was increasingly falling in love with the career world that he had been doing. He increasingly enjoyed his journey in the field of music and actors. “The more I pursue it, the more I fall in love with my career. It’s a job I’ve always wanted,” he said.
After 3,5 years of hiatus due to the members who attended military service, finally, 3 members of CNBLUE, Jung Yong-hwa, Lee Jung-shin and Kang Minhyuk made their comeback by releasing the mini-album ‘RE:CODE’ in November 2020. Talking about ‘RE-CODE’, Yong-hwa said CNBLUE’s album this time is different because they are now 30 years old and over.
Therefore, the music that is presented in ‘RE-CODE’ is called mature and sounds emotional. Yong-hwa admits, the album ‘RE-CODE’ is more emotional and mature because it is made less rushed and the situation is calm. CNBLUE hopes listeners to their music can feel the emotions and feelings that are put into every song on the album ‘RE-CODE’. Not only hoping to be enjoyed, Yong-hwa hopes that ‘RE-CODE’ can become famous.
Lee Jung-shin’s Solo Activities
Debuting as a member of a popular band in South Korea and also having been successful internationally, did not make Lee Jung-shin satisfied with his abilities. He also had the opportunity to expand his passion in the fields of photography, music, as well as several performances as roles in several K-Dramas.
Not only that, Lee Jung-shin also once filled the soundtrack for a K-Drama, which is ’Cinderella with Four Knights’, with the title song Confession which he managed to write himself. Lee Jung-shin was in charge of writing lyrics, composing, and also singing for the soundtrack.
In 2015, Lee Jung-shin also made his first appearance on a variety show through ‘Shaolin Clenched Fist’ which was broadcast on SBS. Here, the bassist from CNBLUE will show a different side of him that has never been shown to fans and will stay at the temple to learn mixed martial arts on the variety show ‘Shaolin Clenched Fist’. All the members and guests present will go through intensive training, and it will all be caught on camera.
In the same year, Lee Jung-shin continued his solo activity by appearing in another variety show, ‘Fashion King Korea’ which was broadcast on SBS. The program’s third season, titled ‘Fashion King – Box of Secrets’, feature 240 fashion stylists and celebrities (half Korean, half Chinese) competing in nine rounds of fashion challenges.
This fashion survival program is co-produced by SBS and Chinese online video platform Youku Tudou. This weekly program will showcase how top fashion designers and celebrities from both countries collaborate on an intensive 10-week fashion project.
Apart from appearing on the variety show, Jung-shin has also officially hosted ‘M! Countdown’ with SHINee’s Key and started hosting the show starting March 19, 2015. Both of them and GOT7 will put on a special show to welcome the new hosts.
SHINee will perform Love Like Oxygen which is taken from their first album, while Jung-shin will perform solo with the song I Want to Fall in Love from soloist Kim Jo-han which was re-arranged by him. “I’m excited and excited to host the show M Countdown, which is loved by so many K-Pop fans around the world. Key and I will build the best partnerships to host this show,’ Jung-shin said.
Lee Jung-shin’s Drama List
‘My Husband Got a Family’ is a family drama starring Kim Nam-joo, Yoo Jun-sang, and Youn Yuh-jung. The 58-episode drama focuses on the newlywed couple Terry Kang / Bang Gwi-nam (played by Yoo Jun-sang) and Cha Yoon-hee (played by Kim Nam-joo). ‘My Husband Got a Family’ also features a series of cameos, one of them is Lee Jung-shin who played Mal-sook’s (played by Oh Yeon-seo) blind date and appeared on episode 42. This drama was also known as the highest rated drama in 2012.
‘Seoyoung, My Daughter’ became the beginning of Lee Jung-shin’s acting career. He plays the character Kang Sung-jae, the youngest son of a rich family who recruits Lee Seo-young (played by Lee Bo-young) as his tutor. Through the drama, Lee Jung-shin was nominated for the best newcomer actor.
This family drama with romantic spices stars a line of top artists such as Lee Bo-young, Chun Ho-jin, Lee Sang-yoon, and Park Hae-jin. The 50-episode drama focuses on the broken family relationship between Seo Young (played by Lee Bo-young) and his father (played by Chun Ho-jin), who are then reunited thanks to the help of his twin brother, Lee Sang-woo (played by Park. Hae-jin). This drama was named the highest rated drama in 2013.
Lee Jung-shin has also played in a sageuk drama entitled ‘The Blade and Petal’ (2013). He played the character as Shi Woo, a trained swordsman who is also a female bodyguard. The 20-episode drama stars Kim Ok-bin, Uhm Tae-woong, Choi Min-soo, and Kim Yeong-cheol.
In 2014, Jung-shin joined as one of the casts of SBS’ drama titled ‘Temptation’ by playing the character Na Hong-gyu and also as Cha Seok-hoon’s younger brother (played by Kwon Sang-woo). Even though he only plays a character as a supporting role, Jung-shin presents a concept as well as his latest appearance with shorter hair in this drama, so that fans can see Jung-shin’s good looks and visuals that can make you focus wrong when watching ‘Temptation’.
Lee Jung-shin is believed to be playing in a special drama for the Lunar New Year and playing a student named Jang Shi-woo in the drama ‘Thank You, Son’ (2015) broadcast on KSB2. ‘Thank You, Son’ has a story about common problems experienced by students who wish to continue their studies at university. Jung-shin also plays a student who fails the university entrance exam. Finally, he had to work hard to study in order to pass the re-entrance exam for college. The drama also tells how students can handle the pressure they face in order to enter their dream campus.
The bassist from CNBLUE also plays an artist character and stole the attention of women with his charisma and played a cameo in episode 6 of the K-Drama entitled ‘A Girl Who See Smells’ that was aired on SBS in 2015. Jung-shin himself is willing to appear on ‘A Girl Who See Smells’ because of his good relationship with director Baek Soo-chan.
‘Cinderella and Four Knights’ is a drama that aired on tvN television channel in South Korea in 2016. Actually, this drama is based on a novel with the same title by Lee Min-young (Baek Myo) published in 2011. More or less the same as the novel, this drama is about about the romance of young people where the woman is ‘the poor’ and the man is ‘the rich’ like the classic Cinderella tale we all know.
It is said that the 3rd Kang brothers, Seo-woo, were played by Lee Jung-shin. He is the youngest of his two cousins. Just like the real world, Jung-shin is here as a singer and songwriter who will formally debut. The grandfather thinks his job is useless because he wants all his grandchildren to continue the family business. Seo-woo was actually involved in a love affair with the Cinderella that was played by Park So-dam.
Jung-shin played the figure of Kang Joon-hyung in one of the dramas that aired on SBS titled ‘My Sassy Girl’. He is also directly sided by side with Joo Won who is the male lead and plays a charismatic and handsome friend. ‘My Sassy Girl’ is a remake of the legendary film played by Jun Ji-hyun of the same name. Made into a fantasy saeguk setting, this drama aired in 2017 with the main characters, such as Joo Won, Oh Yeon-seo and Kim Yoon-hye.
‘My First Love’ (2018) is a drama adapted from a story on a webtoon and broadcast on OCN. Starring Korean talented artists such as Lee Jung-shin and Lee Yeol-eum. Tells the story of a man who has never forgotten his first love since 10 years ago. The drama’s story also successfully captured the hearts of viewers. In the drama ‘My First Love’, Lee Jung-shin plays Kang Shin-woo who will start his profession as a teacher at the high school where he used to go to school.
Lee Jung-shin appeared as a cameo in another drama, ‘Voice 2’, which was broadcast on OCN in 2018. Different from the drama genre that Jung-shin usually plays, but in ‘Voice 2’ he plays Lee Jae-il, a psychopath with the nickname as ‘cricket’ and working for a company. Not playing with the characters played in this drama, Lee Jung-shin also delves into his role well when playing a psychopathic character with a creepy expression.
‘Summer Guys’ is the Korea Creative Content Agency’s choice of choice for their 2020 new media project (short broadcast). This drama tells the story of four young men who get together to revive an old cocktail bar on the beach. ‘Summer Guys’ is said to be like the Korean version of the Coyote Ugly and Cocktail, with the main themes of youth, dance and music.
The drama will be directed by Heo Chan, who worked on the Netflix drama ‘My Runway’ and was assistant director Bong Joon-ho’s ‘Snowpiercer’. In this drama it is also Lee Jung-shin’s comeback appearance after his military service and also plays the character of Seon Woo-chan.