Learn More About Yeeun, The Main Rapper of CLC
Yeeun is a South Korean rapper and a member of CLC. She debuted on March 19, 2015, with CLC with the lead single “Pepe” from their first EP. Aside from being a rapper, Yeeun has been a great dancer since middle school. She’s also the sub-vocalist of the group. She auditioned for Cube Entertainment and was admitted as a dance expert. In this article, Channel-Korea will tell you all about CLC’s Yeeun, so keep scrolling!
CLC’s Yeeun’s Profile
- Stage Name: Yeeun (예은)
- Full Name: Jang Yeeun (장예은 / 張睿恩)
- Nickname: Jjangye, Yenni, Yelrangdungi, Danbalmori Gyae
- Date of Birth: August 10, 1998
- Place of Birth: Dongducheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Star Sign: Leo
- Blood Type: B
- Height: 168 cm
- Weight: 49 kg
- Debut Date: March 19, 2015 (with CLC)
- Associated Acts: CLC
- Agency: Cube Entertainment
- Education: Dongbo Elementary School Kindergarten (graduated), Dongducheon Girls’ Middle School (graduated), Dongducheon High School (transfer), Seoul Performing Arts High School (practical music department / graduated)
- Official Instagram: yyyyeeun
- Official TikTok: yeeun810
CLC’s Yeeun’s Fun Facts
- Yeeun is able to play percussions.
- Yeeun’s representative fruit is the tomato.
- Along with Yujin and Seungyeon, Yeeun is fluent in Japanese and has taken the JLPT (Japanese-Language Proficiency Test).
- Yeeun said that she was BTS’s Jungkook’s classmate. They both went to the same high school, Seoul Performing Arts High School (SOPA).
- Yeeun has written several of her own rap verses.
- Yeeun shares the biggest room with Sorn and Seunghee in CLC’s new dorm.
- Over the course of CLC’s Cheat Key, it was revealed that Yeeun and Eunbin play Overwatch.
- She likes Legos and various puzzles. This is because they force you to focus on them so you can’t think of anything else while completing them.
- On February 7, 2017, she graduated from Seoul Performing Arts High School, receiving the Special Achievement Award. All the members attended the graduation ceremony.
- Yeeun is the best chef among CLC’s members alongside Seunghee. According to Seunghee, she’s the right one to help with house chores.
- She likes tteokbokki as well as chicken feet.
- Yeeun thinks that Yujin is the cutest CLC member.
- She’s close to SONAMOO’s Newsun. It is said that she became close to her due to overlapping activities.
- Yeeun said that cutting her hair short for the promotion of “Black Dress” was one of her most difficult decisions. She dyed her hair black and revealed a bob hairstyle.
- She has been chosen as an MC for SBS’s music show The Show along with NCT Dreams’ Jeno and JBJ’s former member and solo singer Kim Yongguk.
- Yeeun’s ideal type is actor Lee Hyun-woo. The most important trait she is looking for in a man is someone who gives a good vibe at the first impression.
CLC’s Yeeun’s Pre-Debut Era
Pre-debut Yeeun was one of the original CLC debut members along with Seungyeon, Sorn, Seunghee, and Yujin. She appeared in the music video for G.Na’s “Pretty Lingerie.” Yeeun also appeared in her company’s fellow group BTOB‘s music video called “Beep Beep.” They made their first appearance as back-up dancers for G.NA in 2014. On another occasion, Yeeun and the other CLC members also appeared as SMART endorsement models along with B1A4 and GOT7. It is part of a joint partnership between the Ministry of Gender Equality and the Family program.
When she was in middle school, she auditioned for Cube Entertainment and was admitted as a dance expert. The audition song was Girls’ Generation’s “I Got a Boy.” She was active in her school dance club called Cratia when she was in Dongducheon Girls’ Middle School and was noticed by the club’s teacher. She danced to Hyun-ah’s “Bubble Pop” and Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” during the first-year middle school festival.
Debut With CLC
Yeeun made her debut with CLC on March 19, 2015, under Cube Entertainment. She originally debuted with Yujin, Seungyeon, Sorn, and Seunghee. As of now, CLC consist of 7 members: Seungyeon, Seunghee, Yujin, Sorn, Yeeun, Eunbin, and Elkie. Yeeun is the group’s main rapper and is a sub-vocalist.
Even though she is the main rapper, she sings well. When rapping, Yeeun has a good rhythm. She also participates in writing rap parts for their title songs. While rapping in their songs, she pushes the beat and adds tension. Fans say that right from the beginning of CLC, Yeeun has given amazing raps with remarkably precise diction.
CLC debuted on March 19, 2015, with their first EP First Love which contains the lead single called “Pepe.”
Check out the music video of CLC’s “Pepe” here!
Yeeun’s Focus Fancams
Check out the compilation of Yeeun’s focus fancam videos here.
During the comeback with “Black Dress,” Yeeun dyed her hair to black and revealed a bob hairstyle that had increased her recognition. It was the first time she had changed her hair with impact since her debut. Before, she kept to her brown long hair that she had since her debut.
Take a look at some fan comments about Yeeun’s fancam here:
- Yeeun is very good at dancing. She can pass as a lead dancer in CLC. Anyways, Jang Yeuun is always on fire. Our Main rapper is so hot.
- Urgh, she has sooo much charisma! Even when it’s not even her time to rap. She really works the stage!
- Short-haired Jang Ye-eun! You cut your hair short and you look confident with your facial expressions and gestures. So pretty, she dances well, raps well, and writes lyrics well.
- Yeeun’s fancams give me life. Her gaze is hypnotic! I’m literally in love with her eyes. And her moves, her rap, oh my god, have mercy.
- Her expressions are on a whole different level. I’m in love, Yeeunie fighting! CLC fighting! 💕
Fans said that she was born to perform on stage. Her performances in the recent comeback leave so many great impressions. Others also said that she is the best main rapper and she’s so pretty. She does indeed own the stage with her charisma, Don’t you agree?
CLC’s Yeeun and Pentagon’s Kino’s Collaboration
On June 16, 2018, Cube Entertainment made a family concert called United Cube Concert – One. The concert took place at KINTEX in Seoul with a total of 8,500 in the audience. It was the second domestic concert held by Cube. The first one was held in Macau, and the third one was held in Japan. Cube is the home for some great artists such as BTOB, Pentagon, (G)I-DLE, and CLC. And, it is possible to have a collaboration between fellow company groups.
During the concert, CLC and Pentagon successfully surprised their fans with their collaboration performance. Upon starting the performance for CLC’s “Black Dress,” Pentagon members joined the stage and danced to “Black Dress” alongside CLC. Fans were fascinated with the performance.
Check out the fancam of Yeeun and Pentagon’s Kino during CLC’s “Black Dress” performance:
Fans commented that they never expected to see such a collaboration, “Can never expect such choreography between YG groups or even from other companies between their idols! That’s why cube has many dating rumors and scandals. They show their idols interacting freely. Continue to bless us with such collabs in the future also,” “GOD THE WAY YEEUN PULLED HYUNGGU WAS… POWERFUL,” “THE NEXT GENERATION OF TROUBLE MAKER YAASSS!”
CLC’s Yeeun and Pentagon’s Yuto’s Dating Rumors
A photo of Pentagon’s Yuto and CLC’s Yeeun, members of groups under the same agency, was circulating around in 2018. It showed Yeeun and Yuto walking side by side along a street in Seongsu-dong. Fans assumed that they were dating based on the news on social media.
Rumors of the two datings have been raised once in the past. Dating rumors often circulate Cube idols because it is known that E’Dawn (former Pentagon member) started dating HyunA (former Cube artist) and Hui also had a dating rumor with (G)I-DLE’s Sujin.
Cube Entertainment responded to the rumor, stating “Yeeun and Yuto are close friends and colleagues even before their debut with the same rapper position.” They added, “Cube Entertainment’s artists have been maintaining good relationships since they were trainees, encouraging each other with close colleagues and cheering generously. We hope that this issue will no longer lead to speculation and misunderstanding of other artists.”