Claudia Kim is a South Korean actress who’s gained a lot of fame after playing roles in international movies, and she is a professional actress in every work she has done. Before returning to South Korea, Claudia Kim spent 6 years in New Jersey back when she was a child. She made her first debut in the entertainment industry after she won a modeling contest on 2005 and appeared in the medical drama Brain in 2011 as a supporting role. She also appeared in the spy comedy 7th Grade Civil Servant in 2013, and she played a leading role in the sitcom Standby in 2012. She gained international attention for her roles in Marco Polo in 2014and Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015. Let’s check out Claudia Kim’s article below if you want to know more about her!
Real Name: Kim Soo-hyun (김수현)
Stage Name: Claudia Kim
Profession: Model and Actress
Birth: Seoul, South Korea, January 25, 1985
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 65 kg
Education: Ewha Womans University (International Studies)
Talent Agency: Culture Depot (South Korea), United Talent Agency (United States)
Official Site: Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/claudiashkim/)
- 2016 – Monster (as Yoo Sung-ae/aired on MBC)
- 2014-2016 – Marco Polo (as Khutulun/aired on Netflix)
- 2013 – 7th Grade Civil Servant (as Kim Mi-rae/aired on MBC)
- 2012 – Brain (as Jang Yoo-jin/aired on KBS2), Standby (as Kim Soo-hyun/aired on MBC)
- 2011 – Romance Town (as Hwang Jo-won/aired on KBS2)
- 2010 – The Fugitive: Plan B (as Sophie/aired on KBS2)
- 2007 – Queen of the Game (as Park Joo-won/aired on SBS)
- 2018 – Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (as Unidentified Maledictus)
- 2017 – The Dark Tower (as Arra Champignon)
- 2015 – Avengers: Age of Ultron (as Helen Cho), Equals (as The Collective)
Claudia Kim’s 2018 Movie Spoiler
As reported by Wikipedia, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is an upcoming fantasy drama film produced by Heyday Films and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. A co-production of the United Kingdom and the United States, it is the sequel to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016). It will serve as the second film installment in the Fantastic Beasts film series, and the tenth overall in the Wizarding World franchise, which began with the Harry Potter film series. The film is directed by David Yates with a screenplay by J. K. Rowling.
Principal photography for the film began at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, in July 2017. Filming also took place in England, including London, Switzerland, and Paris. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is scheduled to be released in theaters, Real D 3D, and IMAX 3D on November 16, 2018.
Awards and Nominations
Claudia Kim won awards at the 12th MBC Entertainment Awards (2012) with the Excellence Award, Actress in a Comedy/Sitcom for Standby, 14th SBS Drama Awards (2006) with the New Star Awards for Queen of the Game, and she won 1st Place in the Korea-China Supermodel Contest in 2005.
- Claudia Kim’s hobbies besides acting are singing, listening to music, and watching movies.
- She really loves natural looks for her makeup.
- La Mer Lifting and Firming Mask & Crème de la Mer are her favorite foundations. BB Cream from Missha is also one of her favorite cosmetics.
- Claudia Kim loves Cherry Chocolate lipstick shades.
- She also mentioned that she loves to go to Conrad Seoul Hotel Sauna to do her skincare routine.
- Claudia Kim loves Wes Anderson’s movies.
- Her favorite foods are avocado and Chia seeds.
- Claudia Kim is also a big fan of Marvel comics.
- Before applying to university, Claudia Kim got a perfect 100 score on TOEIC.
- She was offered a chance to join Miss Korea.
- When she was a model, she was deciding between continuing her career as an actress or as an international lawyer.
- In the middle of filming Queen of the Game, Claudia Kim had a hard time balancing her jobs as an actress and a translator.
- She never opened up or talked about her private life to the public.
- When starring in Avengers: Age of Ultron, she was close to the actor James Spader.
- Claudia Kim became a professional actress 3 years after her debut.
- Nowadays, she is starting new activities such as horse riding, wrestling, and sword fighting.
- She would rather choose to lose weight than getting asked to eat a lot.
- She loved X-Men back when she was a kid.
- Claudia Kim is really good at speaking in English, and she receives dialogues in dramas that have to be spoken in English.
- There were a lot of people in South Korea named Kim Soo-hyun, and Claudia Kim used her stage name Uriel in the drama Brain in 2011.
- She got her stage name Claudia Kim from her real name in Korean.
- Her tall body figure allows her to be offered roles such as a secretary, spy, and woman worker where the main character is all about being a smart and cool woman.