SNSD Tallest Member Choi Sooyoung
Mostly known as the member whose height is the most superior in SNSD, Choi Sooyoung has established her name not only as the mere ‘filler’ of her group but also as an actress, model, and presenter. Although having relatively less popular fame domestically, Sooyoung’s worth is more acclaimed by international public when she made an appearance in overseas events. In this article, we will get to know SNSD’s Choi Sooyoung closer, starting from her personal profile, her fun facts and trivia, her assets, the list of her dramas, tv shows, and movies, her discography, her plastic surgery, her fashion style, and her Instagram feed. So, keep reading!
SNSD Choi Soo-young Full Profile
Birth Name: Choi Soo-young
Stage Name: Sooyoung
Nickname: Cheerful Princess, Shikshin (God of Food), NaSoo (interrupter), DJ Syoung, Syoo
English Name: Summer Choi
Japanese Name: Che Suyon
Date of Birth: February 10, 1990
Age: 29 (Korean age) / 28 (International age)
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 45 kg
Blood Type: O
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Astrology: Horse
Siblings: 1 (older sister named Choi Soo Jin)
Position: Lead dancer, sub-vocalist
Specialty: Dance, eloquence, acting, imitating people
Language: Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese
Training Time: 6 years and 3 months
Agency: Echo Global Group
Education: Chung Ang University (majored in Department of Theater) and Jeongshin Girl’s High School
Fan Club Name: Sooyoungster / Fantasootic
SNSD Choi Soo Young Facts and Trivia That You Must Know
- Sooyoung got cast into SM Entertainment by SM Open Audition in 2000.
- Sooyoung also participated on Korea-Japan Ultra Idol Duo Audition in 2002, which resulted in her joining the Japanese duo ‘Route O’ with Marina Takahashi and releasing three singles song.
- Sooyoung won the Most Comic Talent Award in Girl’s Award in 2009. In relation to the award show, her former senior labelmate TVXQ said that Sooyoung is really fun to be around and has that special something that makes her stand out.
- Sooyoung used to not be able swimming despite the literal meaning of her name (in Korean, ‘sooyoung’ means swimming). However, we can see that in the dramas she starred in, Sooyoung pulled off the scenes which she has to swim perfectly.
- The meaning of Sooyoung’s full name is luxurious flower petal.
- Sooyoung is a big eater. She can eat an average of 6-7 times in a day, hence the nickname ‘shikshin’ (god of food). Despite the surprising fact, Sooyoung still manages to have a thin body because her metabolism is fast.
- Sooyoung can eat three scoops of ice cream in five minutes.
- Sooyoung’s favorite ice cream flavor is choc mint.
- Sooyoung has four puppies named Mori, Cherry, Suri, and Yuri. She also had a puppy named Jjanglee who died years ago.
- Sooyoung eats right after she wakes up.
- There was a time when Sooyoung was so hungry that she went into a Korean BBQ house alone and had two servings of beef and dwenjjang chiggae (bean paste stew). Apparently, her record is six servings on her own.
- Sooyoung’s English name ‘Summer,’ which was given by SNSD former member, Jessica Jung.
- Despite her English name, Sooyoung’s favorite season is winter.
- When she graduated from Chung Ang University in 2016, Sooyoung received the lifetime achievement award during the graduation ceremony.
- Sooyoung got the nickname ‘Cheerful Princess’ because of her charming and friendly personality.
- Although having one year age gap with other six SNSD members, Sooyoung does not call them as ‘unnie’ (the term of an older girl, called by the younger girl) because she was born early in the year year and is in the same grade as them.
- Sooyoung’s sleeping habit is sleep talking and pouting her lips as if kissing someone in her sleep.
- Sooyoung has thick hair.
- Sooyoung’s favorite color has changed from pink to black.
- Sooyoung has so many favorite singers, such as Jason Mraz, Stacie Orrico, Tori Kelly, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, and Lana Del Rey.
- Not only favorite singers, Sooyoung also has many celebrity crushes, such as Jo In Sung, Go Soo, Lee Seung Gi, and Brad Pitt.
- During her trainee period, Sooyoung saved her mother’s number as ‘Jo In Sung’ on her phone. She would then get messages saying “What are you doing?”, “Did you eat?”, and all were from ‘Jo In Sung’. She got busted when ‘Jo In Sung’ called, and it was her mother’s voice heard from the other line.
- Sooyoung is a fan of comic writer Kangfull. Long before her debut with SNSD, Sooyoung sent a fan-email to Kangfull, which he replied because he was so impressed with how mature Sooyoung talked. Years later, Sooyoung starred in the movie adaptation of ‘Hello, School Girl’, one of Kangfull’s comic stories.
- Sooyoung has a penchant for keeping things even though they are already worn out. For example, Sooyoung still uses a Harry Potter blanket and the passport holder that Soshified (SNSD international fanbase forum) gave her years ago.
- Sooyoung was the part of Jeongshin Girl’s High School singing choir.
- When she was in the middle school, Sooyoung had a crush on a certain guy, so on Valentine’s Day, she planned to give him chocolate. However, the plan was not executed because Sooyoung felt so shy and ended up bringing the chocolate back home.
- Sooyoung can imitate the host of Home Shopping Channels perfectly, hence receiving the nickname as ‘Home Shopping Queen’.
- Sooyoung’s favorite music genre is the ballad.
- Sooyoung has aegyo (cute act) which people called as ‘aegyo that causes rage’.
- Sooyoung can spot fancams easily by smiling, waving, sending winks or hearts, or blowing kisses to the fans who record her.
- Sooyoung likes to discover new facial expression when she faces the mirror without makeup.
- Sooyoung likes spicy cabbages.
- On Oh Sang Jin’s radio show, Sooyoung admitted that she is more acquainted with actors and actresses than music idols, which she mostly met for her Bible Study Group.
- Sooyoung chose Jane Birkin as her style icon.
- Sooyoung always brings NARS lipstick, Saint Laurent mascara, and a Canmake Color Stick in her bag.
- Sooyoung’s favorite love story is the movie ‘Lost In Translation’.
- Sooyoung wants to shoot independent films rather than action movies.
- Besides independent films, Sooyoung also wants to act in a historical drama.
- Sooyoung’s favorite emoji to use on messaging apps is the thinking face emoji.
- If she was not SNSD member, Sooyoung would have been a designer.
- Sooyoung is a big fan of the Harry Potter franchise movie. She even went to England and visited the sets of the movie in 2015 with other SNSD members such as Tiffany, Hyoyeon, and Yuri.
- Sooyoung is interested in photography and often asked other SNSD members to be the model of her photos. She also has a digital camera for Tumblr photos.
- Sooyoung got exposed by her mom in SBS Junior Show, saying that her room is like a garbage can. According to her mother, Sooyoung leaves a trail of her clothes every time that she arrives home. She would take her shoes first, leave her bag in the living room after that and then she would go to her room. She takes off her jacket, leaves her pants near the entrance then her socks.
- When Sooyoung had her vacation in New York, she was spotted talking with a chess-playing man in a park. The man was lonely waiting for someone to play chess with and Sooyoung talked and comforted him, saying that she has no worries in life because she believes in God.
- When asked if she would be reborn in any point in time, what time would she want to be, Sooyoung answered:”the time when Jesus is alive”. Ooh, how religious!
- On KBS’s ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook’, Yoo Hee Yeol asked her “When was the last time you lied?” and Sooyoung said she never lies because she is a church-goer.
- Sooyoung once mentioned how her Japanese is getting a little rusty so she watches Japanese dramas to practice on it.
- Sooyoung is said to be so good at imitating the members’ signatures that sometimes, the members ask her to sign on behalf of them. The hardest signature to imitate for her is the signature of SNSD’s former member Jessica Jung.
- Sooyoung is a good friend of Stella Kim. They knew each other since the training time as Stella also used to be in the line-up of ‘Super Girls’, the group which the final line-up is the SNSD we all know. They often hang out whenever Sooyoung visits the United States.
- Sooyoung is a fan of Real Madrid.
- Quite contrary to the usual people’s conception towards her, Sooyoung actually loves reading books. She says she always reads books, especially when she is traveling on a plane.
- One of Sooyoung’s favorite books is Kim Ji Young, Born 1982 by Cho Nam Joo.
- Sooyoung wants to be a working mom because she wants to show her kids that even though she is old, she is a strong woman who still works hard. When her kids are babies though, Sooyoung wants to be around them so perhaps we can say that she will decrease the amount of her work in the entertainment industry.