Let’s Meet The Very First Girl Group Under MNH Entertainment – BVNDIT
BVNDIT (Read: Bandit), which stands for “Be Ambitious ‘N Do It,” is a newcomer girl group formed by MNH Entertainment, that is also the agency that houses talented solo artists, such as Kim Chung-ha. BVNDIT is the first girl group formed by MNH Entertainment. The group comprises of 5 members including Yiyeon, Songhee, Jungwoo, Simyeong, and Seungeun. This group officially debuted on April 10th, 2019, by releasing their debut extended play BVNDT, Be Ambitious.
Yiyeon’s Full Profile
Stage Name: Yiyeon (이연)
Birth Name: Jung Da-sol (정다솔)
Position: Leader, Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist
Date of Birth: May 28th, 1995
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac Sign: Pig
Facts About Yiyeon
- She’s Kim Chung-ha’s best friend.
- She likes music, food, good weather and taking pictures.
- Her happiness is having a goal.
- She loves traveling.
- She has a bright personality but can be serious as well.
- She has a pet named Dosol.
- In her free time, she watches Japanese dramas, feeds and plays with Dosol, and writes in her diary.
Songhee’s Full Profile
Stage Name: Songhee (송희)
Birth Name: Yoon Song-hee (윤송희)
Position: Lead Vocalist
Date of Birth: November 8th, 1998
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac Sign: Tiger
Facts About Songhee
- Her hobbies are surfing the net, looking at clothes, and watching videos on YouTube.
- Her nickname is Bear.
- She’s physically strong.
- She likes going for a walk.
- She looks tough on the outside but she’s actually soft on the inside.
- She’s not picky with food, she can eat anything.
Jungwoo’s Full Profile
Stage Name: Jungwoo (정우)
Birth Name: Uhm Jung-woo (엄정우)
Position: Main Vocalist
Date of Birth: April 2nd, 1999
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac Sign: Rabbit
Facts About Jungwoo
- Her nicknames are Princess, Corgi, Ddaengwoo, and Ajaeng.
- Her hobbies are watching concert clips, listening to ASMR, and shopping nutritional supplements.
- Recently, she listens to “Million Pieces” by Super Junior’s Kyuhyun and “One of These Nights” by Red Velvet.
- Her favorite food is chocolate, but she likes Tteokbokki and meat too.
- Family: parents and a younger sibling.
- At the dorms, she usually lays down, listens to music and plays videogames. She also does stretching.
- Lately, she dances to “Peek-A-Boo” and “Bad Boy” by Red Velvet, “Gotta Go” by Chungha, and “Dalla Dalla” by ITZY.
- Motto: “I’ll be who I want to be!”
Simyeong’s Full Profile
Stage Name: Simyeong (시명)
Birth Name: Lee Sim-yeong (이시명)
Position: Lead Dancer, Lead Vocalist
Date of Birth: May 27th, 1999
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac Sign: Rabbit
Facts About Simyeong
- Her hobbies are having conversations and taking a walk.
- Her nicknames are Queen and Afghan Hound.
- She loves curry, it’s her favorite food.
- She likes spicy food, especially jjamppong.
- Lately, she listens to the song “Thank You” by Kim Dongryul a lot.
- Her motto is “To live flexibly,” not only with the body but also with the heart.
- Her roommate is Yiyeon.
- She loves perfumes.
Seungeun’s Full Profile
Stage Name: Seungeun (승은)
Birth Name: Shim Seung-eun (심승은)
Position: Main Dancer, Vocalist, Visual, Center, Maknae
Date of Birth: December 27th, 2000
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac Sign: Dragon
Blood Type: B
Facts About Seungeun
- Nicknames: Baby, Mochi, Shimseun, Eunnie.
- She likes watching movies, reading books, comedy, school, dancing, and playing.
- She’d love to debut as an actress.
- She loves Korean food and Japanese homestyle food.
- Her hometown is Gwangju.
- She’d love to produce a song.
- Motto: “Always be thankful for everything,” and “Be positive and simple.”
BVNDIT’s Official Debut!
The new girl group BVNDIT, under MNH Entertainment, which is also home to K-Pop solo artist Chungha, made an ambitious first step with the debut single “Hocus Pocus,” which leads their debut EP BVNDIT, Be Ambitious. They made their official debut on April 10th, 2019.
Thought of as Chungha’s little sister act, the five-member group held its media debut showcase in Seoul on Wednesday, where it performed the single for the first time in front of reporters, talked about the group’s relationship to Chungha and displayed their passion as a rookie group.
Simyeong, Songhee, Yiyeon, Jungwoo, and Seungeun explained that their group name “BVNDIT” (pronounced “bandit”) stands for “Be ambitious and do it.” The debut single “Hocus Pocus,” tinged with smooth moombahton — a fusion of house and reggaeton — and trap rhythms, also delivers the act’s hope to captivate anyone who listens to the song.
Asked whether the group liked its group name, Simyeong said, “When we first heard the name, it sounded quite cool rather than pretty. After learning about its meaning, I thought it suited our image well.”
During a press conference, BVNDIT received several questions about their connection to senior labelmate Chungha. Prior to the group’s debut, the act had already received a share of the spotlight for becoming the first to follow sole MNH act Chungha.
“Chungha is recognized as a very talented artist, and we felt burdened when people called us ‘little sister group of Chungha.’ But thanks to it, we could have practiced a lot,” Yiyeon said. Jungwoo also shared that she practiced singing live while exercising in the plank position.
Asked what advice the group received from Chungha, Yiyeon, an old friend of the solo artist, said, “This morning I received perfume from Chungha,” as Seungeun added, “She told me to be thankful for people working with us.”
Overflowing with energy, BVNDIT managed to fill the hourlong showcase with laughter and a cheerful vibe among the nerves and excitement in the room. While performing “Hocus Pocus” live, Jungwoo accidentally dropped her microphone as she performed her powerful dance movements, but she kept things professional, quickly regrouping and keeping her vocals stable.
When it came to the act’s role models, the bandmates said they look up to girl group Mamamoo and boy band BTOB.
“We have great respect for Mamamoo and BTOB as they know how to enjoy themselves on stage. Seeing how the members of Mamamoo make eye contact with each other while performing makes us want to become a group like them,” Yiyeon said. “We hope to become a group that keeps arousing the public’s curiosity,” Seungeun added.
The three-track Bvndit, Be Ambitious EP also features introductory track “Be Ambitious!” and ballad number “Temperature of Love.”
Let’s check BVNDIT’s Music Video Below!
BVNDIT’s Debut Showcase
That was all the information about BVNDIT! What do you guys think about them? Don’t forget to share this article or leave a comment below!