Lee Minhyuk, The Multi-talented Idol
Having Debuted in 2012 under Cube Entertainment, BtoB is now one of the more popular K-pop boy groups. BtoB consists of seven handsome, talented, and hilarious members. One of the members is Minhyuk. As he is in charge of rap, dance, vocals, and visuals in BtoB, Minhyuk is known as a multi-talented idol. Let’s learn more about Minhyuk here!
Profile of BtoB’s Lee Minhyuk
- Real Name: Lee Min Hyuk
- Stage Name: Minhyuk
- Nickname: Hamster, Heota
- Place, Date of Birth: Seoul, November 29, 1990
- Height: 173 cm
- Weight: 61 kg
- Blood type: A
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
- Position: Lead Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Visuals
- Instagram: @hutazone
- Twitter: @btob2mh
Fun Facts about BtoB’s Lee Minhyuk
- Minhyuk has an older brother.
- Minhyuk is the “mother” of BtoB.
- He is a graduate from Dankook University, having majored in music.
- Minhyuk’s specialties are writing lyrics, composing music, making raps, exercising, and acrobatics.
- His role model is Lee Seunggi and Bigbang’s T.O.P.
- He participated in two cross dressing competitions during his college years.
- Minhyuk is a very talented athlete, and won several gold medals at “Idol Athletics”.
- He actually wanted to become a soccer player.
- He checks the BtoB fancafe 5-6 times a day, and always post on there.
- Minhyuk has a puppy named Hamo.
- Minhyuk is good at cooking, especially fried rice and kimchi stew.
- Bean-paste soup, cheonggukjang, and potato rib soup are his favorite foods.
- Black and white are Minhyuk’s favorite colors.
- Minhyuk’s favorite movies are The Dark Night and Inception.
- Minhyuk likes to be romantic situations.
- Minhyuk really likes manga & anime, but he barely play games.
- Eight is Minhyuk’s favorite number.
- Once when performing “It’s Okay,” Minhyuk ripped his pants.
- If Minhyuk was a girl, he would like to date fellow BTOB member Sungjae.
- Minhyuk’s ideal type is someone who is lovely, has a lot of aegyo, and willing to go with him anywhere.
Lee Minhyuk of BtoB’s Appearances in Dramas and Movies
Not just an idol, Minhyuk is also known as an actor. Even before debuting as an idol with BtoB, Minhyuk had already broken out as an actor in 2011. Until now, he is still pursuing his acting career. He has had many roles in dramas and movies. Let’s check out idol-actor Minhyuk’s filmography below!
|Drama||2011||The Clinic for Married Couples: Love and War 2||Hyun Woo (guest role)|
|Drama||2012||Reckless Family Season 2||Min Hyuk (supporting role)|
|Drama||2013||Monstar||Men in Black member (guest role)|
|Drama||2013||Fantasy Tower||Min Ho (supporting role)|
|Drama||2013||The Heirs||Himself (guest role)|
|Drama||2014||A New Leaf||Lee Ji Hyuk (supporting role)|
|Drama||2015||Sweet, Savage Family||Yoon Sung Min (supporting role)|
|Drama||2016||Nightmare Teacher||Seo Sang Woo (main role)|
|Drama||2016||After The Show Ends||Lee Min Hyuk (main role)|
|Movie||2017||Halfway (KitKat micro film)||Yonu (main role)|
|Drama||2017||Unexpected Heroes||Bae Joon Young (main role)|
|Movie||2018||The Swordsman||Gyeom Sa Bok (supporting role)|
BtoB’s Lee Minhyuk’s Girlfriend and Past Relationships
Every idol has their own love life. Some of them cover it up, some of them share their love stories openly. Minhyuk is one of the idols who shares his love life. Minhyuk admitted that he once fell in love with a girl who his very similar to him in aspects such as height, blood type, etc. But, apparently it was a one-sided relationship. Minhyuk confessed his feelings towards her five times, but their relationship did not last long. After he became an idol, he once could not choose between Jewelry’s Yewon and Spica’s Jiwon. Looks like they are both close to Minhyuk’s ideal type.
In early 2017, Minhyuk had a controversy involving someone who he thought was his ex-girlfriend. According to reports, Minhyuk sent her a message through Instagram to see how she was doing. But, her current boyfriend got angry, and left angry comments on Minhyuk’s Instagram account. Later, the ex-girlfriend denied that she had ever dated Minhyuk, but netizens think it was a ‘strategy’ so that the controversy would end quickly. On April 14, 2017, Minhyuk wrote a letter to fans explaining what had happened. The translation of his letter is as follows:
“I feel that it’s embarrassing to go on and on explaining what happened, and it may cause further misunderstanding. This is why I’m giving a simple explanation. Yesterday during the day, I sent my former girlfriend a message. I was curious how she was doing because it’s been a while, so I sent a message that said, ‘Why don’t I have your number?’ That was all, but in the end, I did something stupid that I shouldn’t have done.
It wasn’t a meaningful message, and I was just asking how she was doing in passing. However, it seems I’ve made a silly mess. Her boyfriend may have been angry, as he left a comment on my Instagram expressing his unhappiness. Despite the reason I sent the message, I was in the wrong for sending a message without knowing she has a boyfriend.
This has made me realize that it’s immature to think of past relationships. Melodies could’ve gone on without knowing about this, but instead of letting rumors spread, I thought it would be better to just explain myself.
There’s nothing more I can say. Please don’t look into it too much. The recent rumors concerning me are almost all false. The members and I have a deep, big love for Melody. If there are those who were disappointed because of this recent issue, I apologize. With this situation in mind, I’ll take extra care about my actions in the future.”
After the controversy with the ex-girlfriend, there have been no official statements or rumors about Minhyuk dating anyone, at least for now.
So, what do you think about Minhyuk? As someone who is passionate about and talented in acting, singing, rapping, and dancing, Minhyuk is indeed born to beat as an entertainer. Let’s keep supporting Minhyuk and BtoB!