Full profile of T.O.P
- Birth Name: Choi Seung Hyun
- Stage Name: T.O.P, Tempo
- Date of Birth: November 4th, 1987
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Height: 181 cm
- Weight: 65 kg
- Origin: Seoul, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Blood Type: B
- Position: Rapper
- Education: Dankook University
- Hobby: Reading books, swimming and doing silly things
- Favorite color: Pink
- Favorite food: Sushi, especially tuna sushi
- Ideal type of girl: Someone who knows how to dress well, has manners and is respectful to adults. He hates someone that swears a lot.
- Instagram: @choi_seung_hyun_tttop
Interesting facts about T.O.P
- T.O.P and G-Dragon have been friends since childhood.
- He was once rejected by YG Entertainment because he was overweight and later he lost 20 kg.
- His stage name T.O.P was given by Se7en.
- His favourite foods are ice cream, donuts, and rice.
- He was the first member of Big Bang to pursue a career as a solo artist.
- His favorite artists are Method Man and Kanye West.
- Other than being Big Bang’s rapper, he is also active as a model.
- He is known as a super playful and fun person.
- He has an older sister, named Choi Hye Yoon.
- Other than being Big Bang’s rapper, he is also active as an actor and had acted in several dramas, such as the popular drama Iris.
- He is very stubborn and is the jokester in the group.
- He was friends with the famous figure skater Kim Yuna when he was a child.
- He would date Taeyang if he was a girl.
- Alongside G–Dragon, he is part of a subunit called GD&TOP.
- T.O.P enlisted into the military on February 9th, 2017, and started as a conscripted policeman. He got discharged on July 6th, 2019.
Full profile of Taeyang
- Birth Name: Dong Yong Bae
- Stage Name: Tae Yang
- Date of Birth: May 18th, 1988
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Height: 174 cm
- Weight: 56 kg
- Origin: Ujeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Blood Type: B
- Position: Vocalist, Songwriter
- Education: Daejin University
- Hobby: Basketball and listening to music
- Favorite food: Yakiniku (grilled meat dishes)
- Ideal type of girl: doesn’t have an ideal type
- Twitter: @Realtaeyang
- Instagram: @_youngbae_
Interesting facts about Taeyang
- He has been trained in YG Entertainment since he was 12 years old. After six years, he finally debuted with Big Bang in 2006.
- He was interested in music after he heard a song from Brian Mcknight.
- He would have been a comedian if he didn’t pursue a music career.
- He decided to become a rapper when he met JinuSean.
- His favorite artist is Boys II Men.
- He wrote the lyrics for Big Bang’s song “Goodbye Baby.”
- During his childhood days, he dreamt to become a pianist.
- He had a dream to become a world-famous artist and he has achieved that now.
- The part of his body that attracts people the most are his eyebrows.
- He has an older brother who is an actor named Dong Hyun Bae.
- He can speak English, Japanese, and Korean.
- His first kiss was in the MV for his first solo single “My Girl.”
- He was actually supposed to be a rapper but ended up debuting in BIG BANG as a singer.
- He is married to South Korean actress Min Hyorin.
- He got married on February 3rd, 2018, a month before his enlistment.
- He enlisted into the military on March 12th, 2018, and later got discharged on November 10th, 2019.
Full profile of Seungri
- Birth Name: Lee Seung Hyun
- Stage Name: Seungri
- Nickname: Panda
- Date of Birth: December 12th, 1990
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Height: 177 cm
- Weight: 60 kg
- Origin: Gwangju, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Blood Type: A
- Position: Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Maknae
- Education: Chung Ang University
- Hobby: Watching soccer
- Favorite food: A bowl of rice and beef
- Ideal type of girl: Someone who has a lot of aegyo and a beautiful voice
- Instagram: @seungriseyo
- Twitter: @ForvictoRi
Interesting facts about Seungri
- He was known as a good dancer when he was a kid.
- He was a contestant to be a member of boy group Shinhwa.
- He doesn’t like people who call him short.
- He would like to perform a duet with Big Mama.
- He never had vocal training until he joined YG Entertainment.
- Other than being a singer, he is also active as an actor, singer/songwriter, and CEO of his own business.
- He was active as a solo artist in 2011 and 2013 and promoted in both Japan and Korea at the same time.
- He has a younger sister named Hanna.
- He is known for his blunt attitude and his overconfidence among the Big Bang members.
- He got the nickname Panda because of his dark eye circles which resemble a panda and he also likes collecting panda things.
- He beat Hyunseung (former BEAST member) for a place in the final line-up of Big Bang.
- He has many businesses and is known as the maknae CEO who is always busy developing his business. Several of his businesses are midnight clubs, ramen restaurants, and dance academies.
- His dance academies, which are well known as Seungri’s Academy, are popular among idols because many idols who successfully debuted have taken classes there. Including Topp Dogg’s Jun Hojoon and Kim Sangkyoon, BTS’ J-HOPE, WINNER’s Jinwoo, VIXX’s Hyuk, KARA’s Goo Hara, B.A.P’s Zelo, EXID’s Seo Hyerin, C-Clown’s Kang Jun, Ladies Code’s Zuny, Laboum’s Soyeon, Lovelyz’s Mijoo, and Nine Muses’s Pyo Hyemi.
- He ranks his own appearance at #3 among BIG BANG members, so he’s not ugly nor handsome.
- On October 5th, 2018, he released his own show on Netflix titled YG Future Strategy Office.
- He is in charge of a large portion of BIG BANG’s choreography.
- He got enlisted in the military on March 9th, 2020, in Gangwon Province.
Who is the BIG BANG leader and why was he chosen as a leader?
The leader of the legendary K-Pop group BIG BANG is G-Dragon known as the King of K-pop. There’s no doubt that he is the main source of BIG BANG’s eternal success and brotherhood. His members once revealed that he learned to be a leader from a 2009 South Korean historical drama, Queen Seondeok. GD’s habit of watching Korean saeguk series (historical drama) is one that shapes GD’s leadership character.
BIG BANG members’ age, from oldest to youngest
- T.O.P: BIG BANG’s oldest member is T.O.P who is 33 years old. He was born on November 4th, 1987. Being the oldest does not mean you can’t be hilarious and fun, he’s known to be the jokester in the group.
- Taeyang: He is just one year younger than T.O.P making him a 32-year-old man. He was born on May 18th, 1988, in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. His same-age friend is Super Junior’s Kyuhyun.
- G-Dragon: Has the same age as TVXQ’s Changmin, G-Dragon is 32 years old right now. He was born on August 18th, 1988, in Seoul, South Korea.
- Daesung: He was born on April 26th, 1989, in Seoul, South Korea. Right now he is 31 years old. He is the same age as the mega-star Taylor Swift.
- Seungri: The maknae of the group, Seungri is 30 years old. He was born on December 12th, 1990, in Gwangju, South Korea.
How tall are BIG BANG members: From the tallest to the shortest
- T.O.P: Has a height of 181cm, making him the tallest member of the group. With this height, he is considered a tall man in the K-Pop industry. His same-height friends are Super Junior’s Kyuhyun and SHINee’s Key.
- Daesung: BIG BANG’s smiling angel’s height is 178 cm, he is the 2nd tallest member of the group. He is the same height as 2PM’s Juno and BTS’ Jungkook.
- G-Dragon: With a one-centimeter difference with Daesung, 177 cm, G-Dragon is the 2nd tallest member of the group alongside Seungri. He is the same height as SHINee’s Onew.
- Seungri: Usually, the maknae of the group is the tallest one, but not with BIG BANG. Seungri, BIG BANG’s maknae, is considered the 2nd shortest member of the group with 177 cm.
- Taeyang: The group’s sun, Taeyang is 174 cm making him the shortest member of the group. But no need to worry because this height is still considered decent among K-Pop idols.
BIG BANG members’ Hangul names
- T.O.P: His Hangul name is Choi Seung-hyun (최승현). Choi (최) as his family name means high or towering. Seung (승) means to rise or ascent, while Hyun (현) means to shine or glitter. With that being said, T.O.P’s Hangul name means someone with rising shine.
- Taeyang: He was born with the name Dong Young Bae (동영배). Dong (동) is his family name meaning east. Young (영) means eternal or everlasting, and Bae (배) means to cultivate or foster. So, Taeyang’s Hangul name means eternally blooming.
- G-Dragon: BIG BANG’s leader was born with the name Kwon Ji Yong (권지용). Kwon (권) is his family name that means power or authority. Ji (지) means determination or will, and Yong (용) means dragon. That means his Hangul name’s meaning is the will of a dragon. This is also part of the reason why his stage name contains Dragon.
- Daesung: His stage name is the same as his Hangul name which is Kang Daesung (강대성). Kang (강) as his family name does not have any special meaning but it can mean ginger. Dae (대) means big or great, and then Sung (성) means voice, sound, or tone. So the name can be interpreted as great voice.
- Seungri: The group’s maknae’s Hangul name is Lee Seung Hyun (이승현). Lee (이) is a family name that means plum. Seung (승) means victory or excellence, and Hyun (현) means virtuous or good. That means his name has the meaning of a victorious and virtuous person.
Big Bang members’ popularity ranking
There are many polls in many forums about the popularity ranking of Big Bang since they are global idols. Here is a summary of Big Bang’s popularity ranking.
- G-Dragon with 24,7%
- T.O.P with 22,4%
- Taeyang with 20,6%
- Daesung with 16,2%
- Seungri with 16%
Now you know about each of BIG BANG’s members a little bit more. From their favorite things, the tallest/shortest and the oldest/youngest member, their popularity ranking, the rumored girlfriends, and even their Hangul names and meanings; you know it all!
Despite being a 14-year-old boy group, BIG BANG still holds a strong base and popularity in the K-Pop idol industry. They are the idols of K-Pop idols. Fans around the globe are patiently waiting for the King of K-pop to come back and make history by breaking another world record. So, please give a lot of love and support to the kings when they come back!