Who are BIG BANG and when did they debut?
Big Bang is a popular idol group from South Korea that consists of five multi-talented boys. The band was formed by YG Entertainment. Big Bang members are G-Dragon, T.O.P, Daesung, Taeyang, and Seungri. Big Bang successfully debuted on August 19th, 2006.
Big Bang took a new direction in the K-Pop era in 2007 with the release of their song “Lies” by incorporating electronic music into their style. The song was composed and written by G-Dragon. It was their golden era in 2007–2008 since there were many iconic songs that they released that year. After receiving big popularity in South Korea, they debuted in Japan in 2008 and received a lot of attention from Japanese fans and they are considered successful until now.
As time went by, Big Bang began to gain attention from international fans in 2012 with their title song “Blue” from the album Alive. They began their world tour in the same year and visited several overseas countries, such as the United States, Hong Kong, and Europe.
Here are the global idols group members’ profiles and facts.
BIG BANG full group profile
- Fandom name: V.I.P
- Official colors: yellow and black
- Official lightstick: crown
- Official accounts: YouTube – Big Bang, Twitter – @YG_GlobalVIP, Facebook – Big Bang
BIG BANG group interesting facts
- Big Bang rarely visits reality or variety show television programs.
- When they visited Weekly Idol, Seungri and Daesung really made G-Dragon shocked with their aegyo.
3. G-Dragon didn’t clarify his relationship with Kiko Mizuhara when Big Bang came on as a guest on Radio Star.
4. Taeyang confessed that G-Dragon always gave him a lot of advice when he wanted to start a relationship. But unfortunately, Taeyang was successful in getting a girlfriend, while G-Dragon was not.
5. T.O.P likes to post photos on the toilet without any reason.
6. Big Bang’s members rarely get any special reward from G-Dragon. It was revealed in an episode of Run, Big Bang Scout!
7. Big Bang were doing a drama parody of Secret Garden. It went viral because G-Dragon and T.O.P kissed and also ‘smelled’ Daesung.
8. Big Bang gained the title “King of K-pop” since they are one of many senior groups who spread the Korean Wave internationally.
Full profile of G-Dragon
- Birth Name: Kwon Jiyong
- Stage Name: G-Dragon/GD
- Nickname: Iguana Idol
- Date of Birth: August 18th, 1988
- Zodiac: Leo
- Height: 177 cm
- Weight: 58 kg
- Origin: Seoul, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Blood Type: A
- Position: Main Rapper, Leader, Composer, Main Producer, Face of the Group
- Education: Gukje Digital University
- Hobby: Drawing and listening to music
- Favorite Colors: Yellow and White
- Favorite food: Ganjang gaejang (Crab preserved in soy sauce)
- Ideal type of girl: Someone that can cook well and someone who runs away when GD tries to catch her, but when approaching him she throws herself into his arms when he stops trying.
- Instagram: @xxxibgdrgn
- Twitter: @ibdgdrgn
- Facebook: gdragon
Interesting facts about G-Dragon
- He is a childhood friend of T.O.P and Kangin from Super Junior.
- He is the youngest child of his family.
- He has an older sister named Kwon Dami. Dami owns a fashion boutique and sometimes GD helps her out by wearing her clothes.
- He wants to have a daughter in the future.
- He is a former trainee of S.M. Entertainment. He was around 8 years old when he started his trainee days at S.M. Entertainment.
- He is the writer of the group’s hit song “Lies.”
- He was a member of a youth group, Little RooRa, when he was around 5 or 7 years old.
- He gained an interest in rap after listening to Wu-Tang Clan songs.
- He participated in the release of Flexalbum when he was 13 years old, making him the youngest rapper in South Korea in 2001.
- He once dropped out of high school to concentrate on Big Bang. However, he passed his entrance exams in 2008.
- His first girlfriend was older than him.
- He has several tattoos. One of his tattoos is on both of his hands.
- When he was a trainee, JunK from 2PM was his best friend.
- He got the nickname Iguana Idol because he liked to change his hair color.
- He was once rumored to be dating the Japanese model Kiko Mizuhara. Many people believed the rumor because of the many photos that surfaced online.
- He is known as a fashionista among the idols.
- He is known as the King of K-Pop.
- He enlisted into the military on February 27th, 2018, and got discharged on October 28th, 2019.
- His lucky number is 8.
- He earns the most song royalties for his self composed songs among other K-Pop idols.
- He collaborated on IU’s song “Palette.”
Full profile of Daesung
- Birth Name: Kang Dae Song
- Stage Name: Daesung D-Lite
- Nickname: Smiling Angel
- Date of Birth: April 26th, 1989
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Height: 178 cm
- Weight: 63 kg
- Origin: Incheon, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Blood Type: O
- Position: Vocals
- Education: Kyung Hee University
- Favorite food: Sushi
- Ideal type of girl: Someone who is good at talking and doesn’t like to wear mini-skirts. Someone who can understand his career and will support him.
Interesting facts about Daesung
- Other than being a singer, he is also active as an actor and MC.
- His parents were strongly against him becoming a singer. Luckily, he was recruited by YG Entertainment after an audition and pursued his singing career afterward.
- He is well known as the big joker in Big Bang.
- His personality is known to be funny, outgoing, cheerful, and always loves to put a smile on people’s faces.
- His first girlfriend was older than him, like G-Dragon.
- In the past, he wanted to become either a pastor, MC, or baseball player.
- He chose to become a singer after he listened to songs from Stevie Wonder.
- He releases stress by laughing a lot.
- One of his favorite songs is “How Could You” by Mario.
- Other Big Bang members choose him as someone they want to be in the group.
- He was very brilliant in school.
- He has an older sister named Bora.
- He is close friends with the solo artist Gummy.
- In 2011, while Daesung was driving to his parents’ house at night, he noticed a taxi car pulled over to the side. When he went to stop, he ran over a man lying on the road from a previous accident. The man died, and Daesung was struck with sadness and ended all of his idol appearances for the rest of the year. For the rest of the year, he stayed at home and/or went to church.
- He can play drums very well but he doesn’t know how to swim.
- If he was a girl, he would like to date T.O.P.
- He is popular in Japan because Japanese people consider him as a sexy bad boy.
- He has a Japanese stage name and that is D-Lite.
- One of the famous Daesung nicknames is Smiling Angel.
- Daesung enlisted into the military on March 13th, 2018, and got discharged on November 10th, 2019.