All About Big Bang!
Big Bang is a popular idol group from South Korea which consists of 5 multi-talented boys which was formed by YG Entertainment. Big Bang members are G-Dragon, T.O.P, Daesung, Taeyang and Seungri. Big Bang successfully debuted on August 19, 2006.
Big Bang took a new direction in the K-Pop era in 2007 with the release of their song “Lies” by incorporating electronic music into their style. The song was composed and written by G-Dragon. It was their golden era in 2007-2008 since there were many iconic songs that they released that year. After receiving big popularity in South Korea, they debuted in Japan in 2008 and received much attention from Japanese fans which became successful until now. As the time went by, Big Bang began to gain attention from international fans in 2012 with their title song ‘Blue’ from the album ‘Alive’. They began their world tour in the same year and visited several overseas cities, such as the United States, Hong Kong and Europe.
Here is the global idols group’s member profiles and facts.
Big Bang Group Profile
Fandom name = V.I.P
Official color = yellow and black
Official lightstick = crown
- Big Bang rarely visits reality or variety show television programs.
- When they visited Weekly Idol, Seungri and Daesung really made G-Dragon shocked with their aegyo.
3. G-Dragon didn’t clarify his relationship with Kiko Mizuhara when Big Bang came on as a guest on radio star.
4. Taeyang confessed that G-Dragon always gave him a lot of advice when he wanted to started a relationship. But unfortunately Taeyang was successful in getting a girlfriend while G-Dragon was not.
5. T.O.P likes to post photos on the toilet without any reason.
6. Big Bang’s members rarely get any special reward from G-Dragon. It was revealed at the episode of ‘Run, Big Bang Scout!’
7. Big Bang were doing a drama parody for ‘Secret Garden’. It went viral because G-Dragon and T.O.P kissed and also ‘smelled’ of Daesung.
8. Big Bang gained the title “King of K-pop” since they are one of many senior groups who spread the Korean Wave internationally.
The Leader, G-Dragon
Birth Name = Kwon Jiyong
Stage Name = G-Dragon / GD
Nickname = Iguana Idol
Date of Birth = August 18, 1988
Zodiac = Leo
Height = 177 cm
Origin = Seoul, South Korea
Nationality = Korean
Blood Type = A
Position = Main Rapper, Leader, Composer, Main Producer, Face of the Group
Education = Gukje Digital University
Hobby = Drawing and listening to music
Favourite color = Yellow and White
Favourite food = Ganjang gaejang (Crab preserved in soy sauce)
Ideal type of girl = Someone that can cook well and someone who run away when GD tries to catch her, but when approaching him she throws herself into his arms when he stops trying.
Instagram = @xxxibgdrgn
Twitter = @ibdgdrgn
Facebook = gdragon
- He is a childhood friend of T.O.P and Kangin from Super Junior.
- He is the youngest child of his family.
- He has an older sister named Kwon Dami. Dami owns a fashion boutique and sometimes GD helps her out by wearing her clothes.
- He want to have a daughter in the future.
- He is a former trainee of S.M. Entertainment. He was around 8 years old when he started his trainee days at S.M. Entertainment.
- He is the writer of the hit song of the group Lies.
- He was a member of young group, Little RooRa, when he was around 5 or 7 years old.
- He gained an interest in rap after listening to Wu Tang clan songs.
- He participated in the release of Flexalbum when he was 13 years old, making him the youngest rapper in South Korea in 2001.
- He once dropped out high school to concentrate on Big Bang. However, he passed his entrance exams in 2008.
- His first girlfriend was older than him.
- He has several tattoos. One of his tattoos are on both of his hands.
- When he was a trainee, JunK from 2PM was his best friend.
- He got a nickname ‘Iguana Idol’ because he liked to change his hair color.
- He was once rumored to be dating the Japanese model, Kiko Mizuhara. Many people believed the rumor because of the many photos that surfaced online.
- He known as a fashionista among the idols.
- He collaborated on IU’s song ‘Palette’.
Birth Name = Kang Dae Song
Stage Name = Daesung D-Lite
Nickname = Smiling Angel
Date of Birth = April 26, 1989
Zodiac = Taurus
Height = 178 cm
Weight = 63 kg
Origin = Incheon, South Korea
Nationality = Korean
Blood Type = O
Position = Vocals
Education = Kyung Hee University
Favourite food = Sushi
Ideal type of girl = Someone who is good at talking and doesn’t like to wear mini-skirts. Someone who can understand his career and will support him.
- Other than being a singer, he is also active as an actor and MC.
- His parents were strongly against him becoming a singer. Luckily, he was recruited by YG Entertainment after an audition and pursued his singing career afterwards.
- He well known as the big joker in BigBang.
- His personality is known to be funny, outgoing, cheerful and always loves to put a smile in peoples faces.
- His first girlfriend was older than him, like G-Dragon.
- In the past, he wanted to become either a pastor, MC or baseball player.
- He chose to become a singer after he listened to songs from Stevie Wonder.
- He releases stress by laughing a lot.
- One of his favourite songs is ‘How Could You’ by Mario.
- Other Big Bang members choose him as someone they wanted to be in the group.
- He was very brilliant in school.
- He has an older sister named Bora.
- He is close as friends with the soloist, Gummy.
- In 2011, while Daesung was driving to his parents house at night, he noticed a taxi car pulled over to the side. When he went to stop, he ran over a man lying in the road from a previous accident. The man died, and Daesung was struck with sadness and ended all of his Idol appearances for the rest of the year. For the rest of the year he stayed at home and/or went to church.
- He can play drums very well but he doesn’t know how to swim.
- If he was a girl, he would like to date T.O.P.
- He is popular in Japan because Japanese people consider him as a sexy bad boy.