Meet the Child Actor Turned Idol, BAE173’s Doha!
K-pop idols are so multi-talented. They can sing, they can rap, and they can also create songs. It’s insane that they also need to maintain their good body figure, have flawless faces, and even manage their attitude. It almost feels like they have to be perfect all of the time. Not to mention, they have to work hard for their dancing performances.
Well, then again, we don’t call them idols for no reason.
These days, there are a lot of K-pop idols who try out something new, such as becoming an actor or actress, after becoming a singer. For example, Cha Eunwoo from ASTRO, Sejeong, an ex-Gugudan and I.O.I member, D.O from EXO, Park Hyungsik, and Im Siwan who was once a member of a group called ZE:A, and a lot of other idols have debuted on the small screen after debuting as an idol.
But, this one idol that we’re going to talk about in this article is the reverse.
He didn’t debut as an idol first. Instead, he made appearances in some dramas or CFs before he showed up on TV as a member of a K-pop boy group.
Who’s this guy, actually?
Yep, he’s BAE173‘s Doha!
Doha is a member of a group under PocketDol Studio. They made their debut on November 19, 2020, with 9 members. Besides Doha, the group consists of Junseo, J Min, Hangyul, Yoojun, Muzin, Youngseo, Bit, and Dohyon.
But, tv appearances are different for Doha. He was famous as a child actor and starred in some commercials as a kid. It is no wonder he has such a handsome face!
Now, let’s get to know Doha better from BAE173 in the sections below!
BAE173’s Doha’s Profile
Full name: Na Gyumin / Na Kyumin
Korean Name: 나규민
Stage name: Doha
Nickname: Bbibbi (Beep)
Birthplace: Daegu, South Korea
Birthdate: March 7, 2004
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Suwon Yeongdong Elementary School -> Daegu Munseong Elementary School
- Daegu Seonghwa Middle School -> Seoul Daemyung Middle School
- ChungAng University College of Education Affiliated High School
Position: Sub-vocals, sub-rapper
Occupation: Singer, idol
Blood Type: O
Family: Parents, 1 younger sister (born in 2007)
Debut date: November 19
Debut year: 2020
Agency: PocketDol Studio
Official Site: BAE173’s Official Site
YouTube: BAE173’s YouTube Channel
Twitter: BAE173’s Official Twitter
Members’ Twitter: BAE173’s Members Twitter
VLive: BAE173’s VLive
TikTok: Official TikTok Page
BAE173’s Doha’s Facts
- Doha likes to take pictures, but he said that he still cannot take pictures well. Even so, he said that it is his hobby right now. He also likes to play Nintendo.
- He is good at sports like soccer, skating, baseball, billiards, bowling, and all sports games.
- Doha got his stage name from his cousin.
- His favorite foods are daechang, makchang, meat, sashimi, noodles, and fruit.
- Doha dislikes mussels, mushrooms, and mint chocolate.
- His favorite season is winter.
- Doha likes to cross his arms and hold hands.
- BAE173‘s members said that they like Doha’s pretty smiles.
- He has attended 5 music academies in Daegu.
- Before debuting, Doha often met scouts from the agency that would ask him to join the company as a trainee.
- It was said that Doha didn’t learn to dance, sing, rap, and even act professionally.
- Doha’s favorite musician is Alec Benjamin.
BAE173’s Doha’s Pre-Debut: Child Actor and CF Actor?
Doha was born and raised in Daegu, South Korea, on March 7, 2004. Doha was born as the firstborn in the family; he has a younger brother who is three years younger than him. As a kid, Doha gained experience as a transfer student. He transferred to another school while in elementary school and in middle school.
When he was a child, Doha was cast in an audition to star in a drama. His very first drama was in 2009 where he starred in a drama called Soul which aired on MBC. At that time, he was only 5 years old, or 6 years old in Korean age.
Many more drama opportunities came to him, and Doha started to learn to act better. As you read in his facts before, he didn’t learn to act professionally. But, his acting skills were good enough for someone who was as young as him.
Until 2015, Doha had starred in a lot of dramas and even movies. He also starred in some commercials.
One day, an agency asked him to join their company to be a trainee. This wasn’t the first time for Doha to be cast on the street. But, this time, he accepted the opportunity. The child actor was now grown up and would take the risk to be an idol.