Meet The Only Foreign Member of NU’EST – Aron
Aaron Youngmin Kwak, who is better known by the stage name Aron, is an American-Korean singer, rapper, and DJ. Under the management of Pledis Entertainment, Aron debuted in 2012 as a sub-vocalist and sub-rapper of the South Korean boy band NU’EST. He is the oldest member of NU’EST and also the group’s English spokesperson. Here’s the full profile and facts of Aron from NU’EST. Let’s check it out below.
Full Profile and Facts
Stage Name: Aron (아론)
Birth Name: Aaron Youngmin Kwak
Korean Name: Kwak Young Min (곽영민)
Position: Lead Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist
Date of Birth: May 21st, 1993
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height: 176 cm (5’9″)/Real Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
Weight: 57 kg (126 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Instagram account: @nuestaron
Random Facts About Aron
– He was born and raised in L.A., California.
– He graduated from Loyola High School.
– He was scouted at a Korean festival, same as Nichkhun from 2PM was scouted.
– Aron is popular as the “sexy brain” guy. He got accepted at New York University for journalism major but gave it up to join Pledis Entertainment.
– His parents were against him getting involved in the entertainment industry, but after six months, they finally gave in and decided to simply let him go.
– He got a score of 2200 out of 2400 on the SAT, the top 0.5% for the SAT in all of the US. He only missed 6 questions, which were all in math because he is bad at math.
– When Pledis Entertainment held auditions in L.A., he got 1st or 2nd place (he can’t remember which), so he got cast directly.
– Aron did radio DJ-ing on Arirang for two and a half years.
– He got to learn the Korean language after coming to South Korea and could speak it fluently in less than a year.
– He speaks English.
– He really likes snacking pigskin, he loves its texture.
– He can drink only about 2 bottles.
– He loves bad puns and pulling pranks on the other members.
– Aron has 2 dogs named Noah and Kkotsooni.
– His role models are Anthony Hamilton and TVXQ.
Aron was born and raised in Los Angeles, California, USA. He was born to a Korean father, Kwak Haeyong and a Korean mother, Kim Minjung. He also has two younger sisters named Hannah and Grace Kwak. Before debuting, he was a student of Loyola High School, the school of all-boys Jesuit Preparatory school in Southern California. In 2011, Aron was accepted into New York University’s journalism department, but he decided to pursue his dreams to be a singer. He got into an audition held by Pledis Entertainment in L.A., California, called “Pledis USA Personal Auditions” in 2011.
When in the audition, he sang and rapped Ne-Yo’s “So Sick” and was recruited after. He was among the top candidates of the audition. Before that, Aron got many appearances as a member of Pledis Boys in his label. He got to be a backup dancer in After School Blue’s “Wonder Boy,” appeared in “Love Letter” in Pledis’ Christmas, and Pledis’ “Boy’s” music video.
Debut as a Member of NU’EST
Aron officially debuted as a member of NU’EST along with JR, Baekho, Minhyun, and Ren on March 15th, 2012. He was the last person who joined the group.
In February 2013, Aron got his right thigh muscle injured right before the comeback performance during the showcase rehearsal. Nonetheless, he was still able to show on the comeback stage of Mnet’s M! Countdown. A few months after, Aron was brought to the emergency room because of acute enteritis, in July. He eventually couldn’t walk and took part in the “L.O.Λ.E Tour” on the 21st of July, in Taiwan.
He also did performances in various music videos during his time in the group. Aron became the main character in the music video of NuSoul’s “The Ceiling” to support NuSoul’s debut. Aron also was featured in Chad Future’s “Got it Figured Out.” He also did performances on the f(x)’s Amber “Shakes That Brass” music video. JR, Minhyun, Aron, and Ren were also featured with After School’s Lizzy in a commercial for New Balance.
In 2017, NU’EST broke off all promotions since other NU’EST members, JR, Baekho, Minhyun, and Ren participated in the reality show, Produce 101, while Aron took a rest because of his leg injury.
Native English Speaker
Since Aron was born and raised in LA, California, he speaks English fluently. In most of the international events, interviews or performances, he was the only candidate for an English spokesperson. In one of the variety shows, he read a poem line in English and fans said that he was looking more comfortable when speaking English.
The Only NU’EST Member Who Did Not Participate in Mnet’s Produce 101 Season 2
Prior to his leg injury, Aron couldn’t make it and join his fellow band members in Produce 101 Season 2. He said that when NU’EST members appeared on the show, he made sure to support and watch them on TV. During his absence on the Produce 101 Season 2, he said that he hugged and congratulate them for their hard work on the show. He spoke that to the V Live Broadcast along with JR (Kim Jong Hyun) on July 11th, 2017. In the V Live Broadcast, JR asked, “Who were your two picks?” as voting was limited to two trainees per day for the final round, to which Aron replied, “All four of you were my picks. So when I could only vote for two, I didn’t vote.”
Here are some recent and memorable Instagram posts of Aron’s account @nuestaron.
- Aron, along with NU’EST released their first album on July 9th, 2014, under Pledis Entertainment, titled Re: Birth.
- Aron and NU’EST released their second album titled Bridge the World in 2015.
- Aron and NU’EST released their third album titled Canvas in 2016.
Reality television, Commercials, and MV
- NuSoul’s “The Ceiling” MV
- Aron featuring Chad Future’s “Got it Figured Out”
- Aron featuring f(x)’s Amber “Shakes That Brass” music video
- Aron together with other NU’EST members in a commercial for New Balance
- Making of A Star: Landing Operation (MBC Every 1, 2012)
- MTV Diary (SBS MTV, 2013)
- Nu’est in Love (Mnet, 2013)
- Nu’est’s Latin Dream Show (MBC Every1, 2014)
- Nu’est Private life (iMBC, 2016)
- Nu’est Road (Mnet, 2019)
- Their Distance (or Two Strangers, Japanese: 知らない、ふたり, Romaji: Shiranai, Futari)
Pledis Entertainment announced their contract renewal with NU’EST after Minhyun’s comeback. On March 15th, Aron, as part of NU’EST, released a special digital single “A Song For You” to celebrate their 7th-year anniversary. Their sixth EP Happily Ever After was released on April 29th with the lead single “Bet Bet.” That’s all about Aron from NU’EST. Let’s cheer for him for his next project. Don’t forget to kindly share your thoughts in the comment section below!