Oh Ha-young, the Maknae from Korean Girl Group Apink
“One, Two, Three, Four, Five!” Maybe some of you are familiar with these lyrics which are fragments of the Apink song Five. Apink debuted in 2011 under Cube Entertainment but is currently under Plan A Entertainment. Oh Ha-young is the maknae or the youngest member of Apink, but her appearance is not like the oldest member. She is called Giant Maknae because she is taller than the other members. During seventh grade, she auditioned for Cube Entertainment where she later became a trainee. She decided to pursue college after high school to concentrate on Apink’s promotions.
And now, let’s get to know more about the giant maknae, Oh Ha-young!
Full Profile and Facts
Name: Oh Ha-young
Nickname: Giant Maknae
Date of Birth: July 19, 1996
Position: Rapper, Sub-Vocalist, Maknae
Age: 22 years old
Height: 169 cm
Weight: 49 kg
Blood Type: B
Entertainment: Plan A Entertainment
Training: 1 year and 6 months
- Wonhyung Kindergarten
- Shinwol Elementary School
- Shinwol High School
- Seoul School of Performing Arts
Hobbies: Singing and Dancing
Fun Facts About Oh Ha-young
- Her role model is Lee Hyori.
- She hates wasabi.
- Her favorite colors are yellow and black.
- She becomes happy when she receives letters from fans.
- She has bad eyesight and wears glasses offstage.
- Her favorite numbers are 5 and 7.
- She is a big fan of Super Junior and Girl’s Generation.
- Her father is a big fan of Eunji.
- She has a bad habit of licking her lips.
- She was part of the girl dancing crew in BEAST/HIGHLIGHT’s “Beautiful”.
- She likes copying Block B’s P.O’s rap part in “Don’t Stop/Freeze”.
- Hayoung is friends with GFRIEND’s Yerin.
- In 2014, she had a collaboration track with Jiggy Dogg, “The Best Thing I Did”.
- She started her acting career with her role in Please Find Her.
- She acted in the web drama Love in Memory.
- She likes to wear something black and white.
- Her favorite food is Ttaepokki.
- She always feels lonely at home because she is an only child.
- She can split an apple by only using her bare hands.
- Oh Ha-young’s ideal type is a person with good manners and who has a pretty smile. Also, she likes someone who only focuses on her.
Oh Ha-young Acting in Dramas
Besides having the ability to sing and dance, Oh Ha-young tried to participate in acting in a drama. She proved to fans and others that she had very good acting skills and was recognized by everyone.
The first drama she starred in was Find Her which was aired by KBS2 and was released on February 28, 2017. The drama was immediately aired in 100 countries at once. Find Her tells the story of a guy named Jan (Lee Hyun-Ae), a man from the Netherlands. Jan came all the way to Korea to find the girl he loved. Hayoung acts as a flight attendant who helps Jan learn Korean culture.
This also marked the finalization of all six Apink’s members becoming acting idols.
In 2018, Hayoung starred in a web drama together with Go Yoon with the title Love, Stay in Time. Love, Stay in Time is a sequel to Love, Stay in Memory which aired in February 2018. Just as in the first drama, Ha-young plays the female lead Yoo Ha who has achieved her goal of becoming an actress.
Go Yoon, who played No Jin-woo’s leading role in Love, Stay in Memory, also returned. A hacker genius and a smooth talker, No Jin-woo is innocent and pure when it comes to love. Love, Stay in Time will tell the story of the two lovers, Yoo Ha-ri and No Jin-woo, as they encounter new events.
Have you watched both of Ha-young’s dramas? What do you think?