Yoon Jisung is the leader of the South Korean boy group, Wanna One. Wanna One became the hottest rookie group in South Korea right after their debut, which was in August of 2017. They will have a promotional period until December 2018. Wanna One is managed under YMC Entertainment and CJ E&M.
The group was formed as a result of a reality survival show called Produce 101 Season 2. The Wanna One members were chosen by South Korean people through the program, and the current members are the ones who finished with a ranking between 1 and 11, which also determined their popularity. The official members of the group were announced on June 16, 2017 during the last broadcast of the program.
Wanna One’s final line up are the following:
- Kang Daniel
- Park Jihoon
- Lee Daehwi
- Kim Jaehwan
- Ong Seongwu
- Park Woojin
- Lai Kuanlin
- Yoon Jisung
- Hwang Minhyun
- Bae Jinyoung
- Ha Sungwoon
The one who finished first is to be the center of the group for the whole promotional period. But will Yoon Jisung soon become the leader of the group? Let’s find out!
Wanna One’s Yoon Jisung: Profile
Birth Name : Yoon Byeong-ok (he has legally changed his name to Yoon Jisung)
Stage Name : Jisung
Position : Sub Vocals, Leader
Birthday : March 8, 1991
Zodiac Sign : Pisces
Nationality : Korean
Height : 175 cm (5’9″)
Weight : 63 kg (139 lbs)
Blood Type : B
Education: Masters Degree at Dongguk University, Digital Image & Contents of Performing Arts major
Hometown: Wonju, Gangwon-do, South Korea.
Hobby: Watching videos of animals and going to the zoo.
Ideal type: Someone who is younger than him.
Facts About Yoon Jisung:
- Yoon Jisung is the oldest member in Wanna One.
- He was born in Busan, South Korea, but his parents now live in Wonju, Gangwon-do, South Korea.
- He was born with the name Yoon Byeung-ok, but he later changed it legally to Yoon Jisung.
- He has one younger sister whose name is Yoon Seulgi.
- He trained at B2M Entertainment and DSP Media.
- He joined Produce 101 under MMO Entertainment with four others: Kang Daniel, Joo Jin Woo, Choi Tae Woong, and Kim Jae Han.
- Yoon Jisung trained for 5 years and 3 months.
- He finished Produce 101 with the rank of eight and with a total of 902,098 votes.
- Most trainees in Produce 101 voted for him when they had to decide their “fixed pick” in Produce 101’s final 11.
- His first ranking in Produce 101 was F class, before then moving up to D class.
- He and Daniel used to be backup dancers for Chao-Lu.
- Jisung is known as a ‘meme-lord’ because he has great facial expressions that also allowed his fans to be able to recognize him back in Produce 101.
- He invented the Jisung Clap.
- Jisung was the oldest trainee in Produce 101 (after Park Seungwoo was eliminated).
- Jisung doesn’t like carrots.
- He has said that he loves acting.
- Another of MMO’s trainees said that Yoon Jisung’s nickname is “Yoon auntie.”
- Jisung’s role is the “mom,” while Minhyun’s role in Wanna One is the “dad.”
- The members call him “mom” because he is caring and always listens to everyone’s concerns.
- Jisung likes to tell ghost stories, and he often scared other trainees by telling ghost stories in the Produce 101 dorm.
- He likes watching movies in his spare time.
- He used to be scared of driving because of a car accident he was in when he was 5, but recently he finally got his drivers licence.
- He was chosen as the leader with a huge amount of votes by the rest of Wanna One members.
- When Wanna One moved into their dorm, Jinyoung said he wanted to be roommates with Jisung, because he always takes good care of the members.
- They chose the rooms after playing ‘Rock-Paper-Scissors’ in Wanna One Go! (Wanna One’s variety show) season 1.
- Jisung, Seungwoo, and Daniel shared a room in their old dorm.
- The age gap between Jisung and Lai Guanlin (the youngest in Wanna One) is 10 years.
- Before Wanna One, his previous debut was cancelled three times.
- He was an ulzzang (literal meaning: best face).
- He was the one who suggested the other MMO trainees should join Produce 101.
- He has six piercings, three in each ear.
- Before Produce 101, he had already received his letter to attend his military duty.
- Jisung talks a lot.
- Many people have said that Jisung is very funny.
- He likes to make people laugh.
- He will continue his studies in Dongguk University for a Digital Image & Contents of Performing Arts major.
- Jisung cried a lot when Wanna One won ‘Best Male Group’ in MAMA 2017.
- He said that Kang Daniel and Ong Seongwu take the longest to wake up in the morning.
- His favorite season is spring.
- In Wanna One Go! Season 2: Zero Base he decorated his room with a Serengeti theme full of many kinds of animals.
- Daehyun B.A.P appeared in his introduction video for Produce 101.
- In an interview, Wanna One’s Bae Jinyoung said that he often can’t understand what Jisung is saying because of the age gap between them.
- Kang Daniel also said Jisung often uses words that he doesn’t know.
Yoon Jisung in Produce 101, Season 2
In the first broadcast of Produce 101, Yoon Jisung and other MMO trainees received a lot of attention because of their naturally chatty personalities. Even though their company performances didn’t get to air, Yoon Jisung is particularly remembered by audiences for his funny expressions and remarkable comments. He said that the staff often had to tell them to stop talking when the studio was getting too noisy, even if it wasn’t them who was talking.
The image below brought curiosity about his introduction video. In that video, he showcased his singing skills and some impersonations of famous people, while holding a huge picture of himself.
After the company performances, he was sorted into F class, but he was later able to move up to D class. He got more love because he had a habit of blurting out funny comments to lighten the mood. In the third broadcast, Jisung teamed up with five other trainees to sing “10 out of 10” by 2PM, in which he became the center for this performance. His teammates chose him as a center because he had good expressions and was able to portray the song perfectly. He got praised a lot after he showed off a skillful dance with stable vocals, and many people commented that he’s suitable for being the center.
In the third episode of Produce 101, Jisung moved up drastically in the ranks, and for the first time, he was able to enter the final 11 rankings. His rank continued to increase in the next episodes as he moved into the top three within the first elimination, and got 844,829 votes. In the first elimination, Jisung once again showed off his funny side and lovable personality. When BoA called his name as one of the first ranked candidates (together with Ong Seongwu, Kim Samuel, and Park Jihoon), he could not believe his ears and looked flustered. His name was called as the third rank. He then started crying hard, and when he went to the stage to give his speech, he made everybody laugh with his antics.
In his speech, he conveyed an encouraging message to any people who may be hesitating in taking steps towards achieving their dreams. He wants people to look at him and make him their inspiration, because he didn’t give up on being an idol even though he’s not as young as the other trainees. He said, “Even at this age, I was able to find my dreams and took one step to achieving it.” Jisung was one of the oldest members among the Produce 101 trainees.
The Produce 101 contestants were once told to choose their “fixed pick” in the final 11. Jisung had the majority vote and was first pick. Other trainees said the reason they chose Jisung was because he had gone through a lot, he has a good personality, and that’s not to mention his great singing skills. In the program, Jisung was spotted a few times helping other trainees who were facing difficulties.
In the next challenge, Jisung was chosen for a vocal position to sing “Downpour” by I.O.I. He teamed up with four other trainees, Kwon Hyunbin, Hwang Minhyun, Kim Jaehwan, and Ha Seongwoon, and was chosen as the leader of his team. Their performance of Downpour moved their fellow contestants as well as the audience. If in the first challenge Jisung showed his cheerful side, in this stage he was able to show off his beautiful singing voice.
The last Produce 101 challenge before the final stage was to perform an original song concept. He was chosen to perform ASSBRASS’s Oh Little Girl with a hip-hop feel. The songs the contestants performed were determined by the audience through voting. In the following episode, Yoon Jisung managed to gain a spot in the final 20 and proceed into the final stage.
In the final stage he performed Hands on Me with Kim Jae-hwan, Kang Daniel, Ong Seung-woo, Bae Jin-young, Hwang Min-hyun, Jung Se-woon, Joo Hak-nyeon, Yoon Ji-Sung, Park Woo-jin, and Park Ji-hoon with Bae Jin-young as the center of the group. During this stage, Yoon jisung was announced as one of the Wanna One members with a rank of eight and a total of 902,098 votes. Here are the Wanna One member rankings in Produce 101:
Wanna One’s Leader, Yoon Jisung
Yoon Jisung became the leader of Wanna One after he received the most votes from the other members. As a leader, he is in charge of gathering all the members and making sure they aren’t late for scheduled events, and even noticing if the members had eaten yet or not. Wanna One calls Yoon Jisung “eomma,” or “mother,” for his caring nature and ability to listen to all the members in a difficult time. The other members often mess with him because he has funny reactions to being teased. On occasion, he has said that Kang Daniel is the one who teases him the most. He calls Daniel “Kang Choding” (Kang-elementary schooler) for his childish behavior.
Jisung once became the MC for Produce 101′s sports day with Ong Seongwu. Since then, almost all of Wanna One’s activities has Jisung as the MC, from their VLive Show to some variety shows as well. He is able to handle all the members well, even though the members teased Jisung for being nervous when he was MC-ing in “KBS World Idol Show K-RUSH2 2017.” Jisung now acts as the official Wanna One MC for any occasion.
Jisung’s roommates in Wanna One’s previous dorm were Kang Daniel and Ong Seongwu. The room distribution was determined after playing ‘rock-paper-scissors‘ in Wanna One Go! Season 1. There were three rooms in Wanna One’s dorm: two small rooms and one big room. One person would choose a room without knowing who had chosen it before. Ong Seongwu chose the small room, with Jisung following after and then Kang Daniel. Before Jisung entered the room, Ong Seongwu hid under the bed and surprised him.
In the new dorm, Wanna One is separated into two apartments. Jisung is living with Hwang Minhyun, Kim Jaehwan, Ha Sungwoon, and Lai Guanlin. He has his own room in the new dorm.
Yoon Jisung’s Songs
Jisung already released a few songs with Wanna One as well as in his Produce 101 era. Below are songs that Jisung sang, from Produce 101 up to the current Wanna One albums.
Wanna One has released three albums since their debut in August of 2017. Every song is performed by all members. Their songs topped the charts since their releases, and their title track Energetic received 15 trophies from the weekly music show.
|1×1=1 (To Be One)||“To Be One” (Intro)||August, 2017|
|“Burn It Up”|
|“Wanna Be (My baby)”|
|“Always” (Acoustic version)|
1-1=0 (Nothing Without You)
|“Nothing Without You”||September, 2017|
|“Burn It Up” (Prequel Remix)|
|“Energetic” (Prequel Remix)|
|“To Be One” (outro)|
0+1=1 (I Promise You)
|“Day by Day”|
|“I’ll remember” (Prequel Remix)|
|“I.P.U.” (Propose version)|
Here is a list of Yoon Jisung’s performances in Produce 101:
2PM – 10 out of 10
Team 1 members
- Kim Tae Min (Han Areum)
- Lee Hoo Rim (YG Kplus)
- Yoon Jae Chan (The Vibe Label)
- Kim Tae Woo (Narda)
- Yoon Jisung (MMO)
- Kim Hyun Woo (YG Kplus)
I.O.I – Downpour
- Yoon Jisung (MMO)
- Hwang Min Hyun (Pledis)
- Kim Jae Hwan (Individual Trainee)
- Ha Sung Woon (Ardor & Able)
- Kwon Hyun Bin (YG Kplus)
It’s – Show Time
- Kim Samuel
- Noh Tae Hyun (Ardor & Able)
- Kim Sang Gyun (Hunus)
- Park Woo Dam (HF Music Company)
- Yoon Jisung (MMO)
- Lee Woo Jin (Media Line)
- Ha Sung Woon (Ardor & Able)
Hands On Me
- Ong Seong Wu (Fantagio)
- Kim Jae Hwan (Individual trainee)
- Kang Daniel (MMO)
- Bae Jin Young (C9)
- Hwang Min Hyun (Pledis)
- Jung Se Woon (Starship)
- Joo Hak Nyeon (Cre.ker)
- Yoon Ji Seong (MMO)
- Park Woo Jin (Brand New Musid)
- Park Ji Hoon (Maroo)