The Cute Eye-smile Actress, Jung So-min
Jung So-min is a South Korean celebrity known best for her role in Playful Kiss, a Korean adaptation of the popular manga Itazura na Kiss. This drama brought her name international popularity, but it gained low rating in Korea. Before that role, Jung first attracted attention when she made her acting debut in 2010 with a supporting role on the television series Bad Guy.
Jung then took a short break in 2011 to concentrate on her studies at the Korea National University of Arts. In 2012 she returned to the small screen as part of the ensemble cast of the sitcom Standby. Jung also left her talent agency Bloom Entertainment, and joined S.M. Culture & Contents in 2013. 4 years later, she left S.M. Culture & Contents in June 2017, and signed with new management agency Jellyfish Entertainment which she is still represented by now.
Jung So-min’s profile
Name: Kim Yoon-ji
Birthday: March 16, 1989 (age 29)
Birthplace: Jinju, South Gyeongsang, South Korea
Education: Korea National University of Arts – Acting
Years active: 2009–present
Agent: Bloom Entertainment (2009-2013); S.M. Culture & Contents(2013-2017); Jellyfish Entertainment (2017-now)
Star sign: Pisces
Blood type: A
- Because This Is My First Life (tvN, 2017)
- Father Is Strange (KBS2, 2017)
- The Sound of Your Heart (Naver TV Cast, 2016)
- Drama Special Red Teacher (KBS2, 2016)
- D-Day (JTBC, 2015)
- Big Man (KBS2, 2014)
- Miss Korea (MBC, 2013, ep20) cameo
- Drama Special Came to Me and Became a Star (KBS2, 2013)
- Can We Get Married? (JTBC, 2012)
- Standby (MBC, 2012)
- Playful Kiss (MBC, 2010)
- Bad Guy (SBS, 2010)
- Daddy You, Daughter Me (2017)
- Alice: Boy from Wonderland (2015)
- Twenty (2015)
- Worst Friends (2009)
Facts About Jung So-min
Here are some miscellaneous facts about South Korean actress, Jung So-min:
- Jung was born Kim Yoon-ji on March 16, 1989, in Jinju, South Korea, to a wealthy family.
- Her father is the head of a private company, and is known to be one of the richest men in the country. He wanted his daughter to pursue higher education, as she had done exceedingly well in academics during her school days.
- He didn’t like Jung’s decision when she expressed her desire to become an actress, but he later changed his mind when she received a fully funded scholarship, based only on her acting skills.
- After becoming a successful actress, Jung once claimed in an interview that she had restrained herself from talking to her father for nine long years as he was initially against her decision to become a movie artist.
- She is a big fan of Korean traditional dance. She started learning it during high school. She was also trained in Ballet in her primary and middle school.
- In 2010, she was honored with the Topaz Award at the 2nd Korean Jewelry Awards. She also won another award under the category of ‘Best New Actress for TV’ for her role in ‘Bad Guy’ at the 18th Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards.
- She was nominated under ‘Best New Actress’ category at the 2010 ‘MBC Drama Awards’ for her performance in ‘Playful Kiss.’ In 2011, she won the New Star Award at the 6th Asia Model Festival Awards.’
- In 2012, she won an award under the Best Newcomer in a Comedy / Sitcom category for ‘Standby’ at the 12th MBC Entertainment Awards. In 2016, she won the Best Couple Award along with Lee Kwang-soo for ‘The Sound of Your Heart’ at the 15th KBS Entertainment Awards.
- In 2017, she received many nominations in several categories for her work in ‘My Father is Strange.’
Jung So-min’s Dating Story
In early of 2018, a happy announcement was confirmed by Jung So-min’s agency, Jellyfish Entertainment, the actress is currently dating former MBLAQ’s member, Lee Joon. The couple first met on the set of the KBS2 weekend series Father is Strange. After the production wrapped in August 2017, fans of the show couldn’t help but ship the pair because of their on-screen romantic relationship and chemistry. A few months after the Vampire Detective star enlisted in the military, fans’ dreams came true with the news that the main stars were indeed dating.
The 28-year-old actress had her company, Jellyfish Entertainment, confirmed the happy news first.
“Jung So Min first met Lee Joon on Father is Strange, and they began dating in October. We would be grateful if everyone would watch over them warmly.”