Kim Ga-eun is a South Korean female badminton player. She has been a professional badminton player since 2006 when she was 8 years old and made her international debut in 2015. Kim Ga-eun joined the national team to represent Korea in 2016. She has gained a lot of achievements in badminton championships even when she was younger and scored the highest ranking on August 24, 2017. Let’s check out her profile below if you want to know more about her!
Real Name: Kim Ga-eun (김가은)
Profession: Badminton Player
Birth: Ulsan, South Korea, February 7, 1998
Height: 172 cm
BWF World Tour
- 2018 – Kim Ga-eun rivaled Li Xuerui at Lingshui China Masters with scores of 21-16, 16-21, and 18-21 level Super 100, and was the runner-up.
Asian Junior Championship
- 2016 – Kim Ga-eun rivaled Chen Yufei at CPB Badminton and Sports Science Training Center with the score walkover and won the bronze medal.
BWF World Junior Championship
- 2016 – Kim Ga-eun rivaled Chen Yufei at Bilbao Arena, Bilbao, Spain, with scores 12-21 and 17-21 and won the bronze medal.
- Kim Ga-eun partnered with Kim Hyang-im and rivaled Du Yue and Xu Ya at Bilbao Arena, Bilbao, Spain, with scores 15-21 and 8-21 and won the bronze medal.
- China Masters – Women from April 10 to April 15, 2018
|Round of 32||rival of||Yun-Li|
|Round of 16||rival of||Thi Trang-Vu|
|Quarter-Finals||rival of||Yanyan Cai|
|Semi-Finals||rival of||Yu Jin-sim|
- New Zealand Open – Women from May 1 to May 6, 2018
|Round of 32||rival of||Jessica Muljati|
|Round of 16||defeated by||Minatsu Mitani|
- Australian Open – Women from May 8 to May 13, 2018
|Round of 32||defeated by||Sabrina Jaquet|
- US Open – Women from June 12 to June 17, 2018
|Round of 32||defeated by||Yue Han|
- Chinese Taipei Open – Women from June 27 to July 2, 2017
|Round of 32||rival of||Hsiao Huan Chen|
|Round of 16||rival of||Ya Ching-hsu|
|Quarter-Finals||defeated by||Haruko Suzuki|
- Canadian Open – Women from July 11 to July 16, 2017
|Round of 32||defeated by||Gadde Ruthvika Shivani|
- US Open – Women from July 18 to July 23, 2017
|Round of 32||rival of||Natalya Voytsekh|
|Round of 16||defeated by||Michelle Li|
- Korea Open – Women from September 27 to October 2, 2016
|Round of 32||rival of||Pui Yin-yip|
|Round of 16||rival of||Lee Jang-mi|
|Quarter-Finals||defeated by||Kim Hyo-min|
- Korea Masters Championships – Women from December 6 to December 11, 2016
|Round of 32||rival of||Ling Fang-hu|
|Round of 16||rival of||Yui Hashimoto|
|Quarter-Finals||rival of||Chia Hsin Lee|
|Semi-Finals||defeated by||Sung Ji-hyun|
- Korea Masters – Women from November 3 to November 8, 2015
|Round of 16||rival of||Chi Ya-chen|
|Quarter-Finals||defeated by||Bae Yeon-ju|
- World Junior Women’s Championships from April 7 to April 18, 2014
|Round of 32||defeated by||Xiaoyu Liang|
Did Kim Ga-eun Get Plastic Surgery?
There is no official statement that Kim Ga-eun had plastic surgery. Unlike other celebrities that have to meet and upkeep a standard of beauty and masculinity, athletes don’t prioritize plastic surgery.
That’s all the information we know related to Kim Ga-eun! She made a lot of effort at such a young age to join the national team and compete with other professional athletes to improve her talent and skill to be an excellent badminton player. Let’s support Kim Ga-eun to always do her best and wish her a lot of luck!