Who is Ji Soo?
Kim Ji-soo, known more popularly as Ji Soo, is a South Korean actor and model under Prain TPC Entertainment agency. Ji Soo is popular for his roles in several dramas that established him as the most loved 2nd lead male. He is a heart-break expert who always steals the attention of the public. Now, let’s take a look at Ji Soo’s complete profile and career!
Profile of Ji Soo, and Facts
- Name: Ji Soo
- Real Name: Kim Ji Soo (김지수)
- Profession: Actor
- Birthdate: March 30, 1993
- Born in: Seoul, South Korea
- Height: 186cm (6’1″)
- Star sign: Aries
- Education: Digital Seoul Culture Arts University majoring in Film
- Occupation: Actor
- Years active: 2009–present
- Talent agency: Prain TPC
- Instagram: @actor_jisoo
Facts About Ji Soo:
- Ji Soo is a judo athlete. He used to do judo in elementary school, and competed in national competitions.
- In elementary school, he dreamed of becoming a professional judo fighter. He dropped that dream in middle school and soon after, started acting.
- Ji Soo is now attending Digital Seoul Culture Arts University, where he is majoring in Film.
- He went to an all men’s middle school and high school.
- He is a former JYP actor trainee. He is currently under Prain TPC.
- Even though he is more famous as an actor in the film industry, he started out his career as a musical actor.
- He made his acting debut in 2009 when he played a role in a play called “Bong-sam Wasn’t There“.
- He prefers dating women who are around the same age as him.
- But when he asked to pick between an older or a younger girl, he went for older.
- Ji Soo’s ideal type is a person who is pure and innocent. He also likes it if his girlfriend looks pretty when she smiles. Other than that, he likes someone who is easy to talk to and who shares interests with him.
- Gong Joo and Gap Soon are his dogs’ names. The former means a princess, and the latter is an old but cute girl’s name.
- He underwent surgery for acute osteomyelitis in 2016.
- He is a part of a celebrity friend group called BYH48, which consists of EXO‘s Suho, Ryu Jun-yeol, Byun Yo-han, Lee Dong-hwi, and more. He’s also good friends with VIXX’s N.
- He is best friends with actor Nam Joo-hyuk. They are appeared in the drama “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” together.
- Ji Soo’s celebrity crush, out of everyone he’s filmed with, is Kim Hee Sun.
- “Looks-wise, She’s so pretty. Heavenly beautiful,” Ji Soo explained why he picked his “Angry Mom” costar Kim Hee Sun. “She was so beautiful that I couldn’t believe I was filming with her. Personality-wise, though we had quite a bit of an age gap, we communicated well because she was always ready to listen to us.”
- In middle school, at first he only followed a friend, who was studying acting, to his acting school and then learned to act himself.
- He was involved in the theater that his acting teacher had established, and started acting for an audience there.
- Many people say that he look like Yoo Ah In.
- One time, when EXO’s Suho told his manager that he was going to go see Ji Soo, his manager totally thought Ji Soo was a girl. (Ji Soo is a common girl’s name in Korea) Suho told him that they would meet at a cafe in a hotel. The manager was surprised, and asked, ”Are you going (to a hotel) with a girl??”
- Ji Soo went to an all men’s middle school and all men’s high school.