Chun Jung Myung, The Adorable & Youthful Looking Actor in His Late 40’s!
He was born on November 29, 1980, and officially debuted as an actor in the entertainment industry after an appearance on KBS’s teen drama School 2 (1999). Based on some profile websites, he was signed with many different agencies before, respectively mid-sized agencies such as DK Entertainment, Red Line Entertainment, and Hanyang E&M. It was also revealed that he once started his own management company in 2011.
This baby-faced handsome actor is best known for his leading roles in dramas such as Fashion 70’s (2005), Cinderella’s Sister (2010), Glory Jane (2011), and Heart to Heart (2015). He also starred in popular South Korean movies including The Aggressives (2005), Les Formidables (2006), Hansel and Gretel (2007), and Queen of the Night (2013).
Full Profile of Chun Jung Myung
Full Name: Chun Jung Myung / Chun Jung Myoung
Hangul (Hanja): 천정명 (千正明: Qian Zheng Ming)
Profession: Actor and model
Birthdate: November 29, 1980
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Star Sign: Sagittarius
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 73 kg
Blood Type: AB
Religion: Catholic (Baptist name: Constantino)
Parent(s): Chun Dae Woong
Siblings: He is the 3rd of 1 brother and 2 sisters
Education: Namsung Elementary School (서울남성초등학교), Munil High School (문일고등학교), Bachelor of Physical Education – Sangji University (상지대학교 체육학 학사), Graduate School of Physical Education – Sangji University (상지대학교 대학원 체육학 석사).
Chun Jung Myung’s Trivia and Facts
- He debuted on screen after shooting Shannie Hornbill CF with a high street cast.
- On November 27, 2009, he was discharged (military) as a training assistant in the 30th Mechanized Infantry Division recruitment training battalion.
- Some of his hobbies are watching movies, making videos, exercising, and disco.
- His specialties are swimming, martial arts, water skiing, and snowboarding.
- He did his mandatory military service on January 2, 2008, and return on November 27, 2009.
- He appeared in advertisements such as Shezgood – SZ BY SZ (2013), VIPS (2010), Eider (2010), Shinhan (2010), Basso (2010), Nestle Korea, SK Telecom, Dongseo Food, and many others.
- He became The 8th Gwangju Biennale (Gwangju Biennale) PR Ambassador back in 2010, won a Storm Model Contest Grand Prize (exclusive model of 5th) in June 1999, and represented many catalogs such as Storm, Pool Waller, Lotte World UX, Sewing Machine, Zodiac, CASH, KOOLHAAS, NUOVO, etc.
- He left the show Real Men due to scheduling conflicts with filming for his drama in 2015.
- He eats well to the point that he was known as shiksin (God of eating) on a show.
- He once injured his left arm during preparations for an action scene.
- He is well known as a skeptical actor.
- He was proud of his reputation as a ‘demon assistant’ during his military service.
- He exercises unconditionally when he is stressed out and even surfs sometimes.
Chun Jung Myung’s Dating Rumors
- There were rumors circulated about Chun Jung-myung dating Kim Min-jung. According to reports, both have enjoyed dating without being aware of their surroundings. However, both sides are denying the heat, and their agency confirmed that they’re just close friends. The report that stated they were in a relationship for ten months was unfounded. Kim Min Jung’s agency also added that their relationship was not on dating levels.
- In May 2014, it was confirmed that he dated his 22-year-old civilian girlfriend for about a month. The couple was caught on camera on a date, arms linked, and both acquaintances of the couple and Chun Jung Myung’s agency have confirmed that they are indeed in a relationship. According to sources, Chun Jung Myung met his ex-girlfriend at a meeting with friends and fell for her mature, kind, and understanding personality. His ex-girlfriend, who worked in the fashion industry at the time, was revealed to have fallen for Chun Jung Myung’s tough but sweet character. Ultimately, a week later, the news created too much pressure for the very new relationship and they decided not to date anymore.
- The actor also once confessed that his ex-girlfriend’s father was the leader of a mafia. He got beat up pretty badly when the parents found out that he was hanging out at her house.
- Based on an interview, the actor is not ready yet to marry someone because he still wants to have more freedom. Even though he feels lonely sometimes, he thinks it’s better to keep it that way.
Chun Jung-myung’s Appearance on We Got Married
Chun Jung-myung made a short appearance on We Got Married for the Hwang Eunjung and Lee Jang Woo couple. On the episode, he participated in Eunjung’s secret camera and surprise party by presenting a huge birthday cake together with Kim Yoon Sung.