Ku Hye-sun is a South Korean actress who was born on November 9, 1984. Before she signed with YG Entertainment in 2002, she used to be a trainee in SM Entertainment and DSP Media. She was known as an ulzzang (best face) before she debut. Ku debuted with YG Entertainment as an actress. Now, she is under Partners Park. Aside from being an actress, she is also a director and song writer.
Do you want to know more about her?
Let’s keep reading the article!
Name : Ku Hye-sun (구혜선)
Birth place : Incheon, South Korea
Birth date : November 9, 1984
Height : 163 cm
Weight : 42 kg
Blood Type : A
Occupation : Former Ulzzang, Actress, Director, Song Writer
Education : Sungkyungkwan University
Seoul Institute of The Arts
Family : Ahn Jae-hyun (Husband), Mother, Father and Older sister
- Ku Hye-sun was born in Incheon, South Korea.
- Her family consists of her mother, father, and older sister.
- She was a former ulzzang in a program called Ulzzang Shidae.
- She was a trainee under SM Entertainment.
- She moved to DSP Media and was preparing to debut in a girl group called Ria.
- She moved again to YG Entertainment, where she was actually preparing to debut in a girl group that consisted of the three members along with Park Bom and Sandara Park.
- She debuted as an actress in 2002 as the role of a model in Sung Shi-kyung’s “We Make a Good Pair” MV.
- Ku Hye-sun gained popularity through the popular drama that was based on the Japanese manga called Boys Over Flowers.
- Her first single was “Happy Birthday to You“ which is a soundtrack for Nonstop 5.
- She released her first album Breath in 2009.
- She debuted as a director through a short film called The Madonna.
- She published her first illustrated novel Tango in 2009. Tango is a book about a young girl who goes through two separate relationships to finally mature into an independent woman.
- In July 2009, she opened an exhibition with the same title as her book Tango.
- She held a second exhibition Afterimage at the Hangaram Design Arts Center in the Seoul Arts Center in 2012. All the money that she made through her exhibition was donated to the Korea Leukemia Patient Group.
- In August 17-31, she held her third exhibition Anything That Leaves Yearning Is All Beautiful.
- She was cast as the female lead role in KBS2 drama called Blood. Because of that drama, she met her husband Ahn Jae-hyun who was her co-star.
- Ku Hye-sun and Ahn Jae-hyun married in May 2016.
As an Ambassador
Because of her popularity and her good image as an actress, Ku Hye-sun was chosen as an ambassador for several events. She was chosen as the Goodwill Ambassador for International 3D Festival in 2012. A year later, she was chosen as Promotional Ambassador for Cheongju International Craft Biennale, Promotional Ambassador for Artistree and Honorary Ambassador for 14th Persons with Disabilities Film Festival.
In 2015, she was chosen as Honorary Ambassador for Seoul 2015 International Blind Sports Association (IBSA) World Games and Honorary Ambassador for Korean Leukemia Association. A year later, she was chosen as Honorary Ambassador for Social Contribution Donation Bank.
Ku Hye-sun has starred in 16 dramas. She began her career in the drama industry in 2004. At that time, she played a role as Hye-sun in MBC drama called Nonstop 5. In the same year, she made another appearance in KBS2 Drama City Anagram as a nurse.
In 2006, she received the role of Yang Guk-hwa in KBS1 drama Pure in Heart. She gained popularity because of her appearance in drama. But unfortunately, she received criticism from the public because of her acting in The King and I which aired in 2007. People thought she couldn’t deliver the role well.
In 2009, she was chosen to be the female lead of drama based on the Japanese manga Hana Yori Dango. She acted as Geum Jan-di in Boys Over Flowers. Her fame rose from then on and she won several awards because of her role in that drama.
In 2015, she was cast as the female lead of the vampire drama Blood. She met her husband Ahn Jae-hyun in that drama. During filming they began dating and then later the couple married in 2017.
Her latest appearance in drama was You Are Too Much where she acted as Jang Hae-dang from episode 1 until episode 6. After that, she was replaced by Jang Hee-jin.
|Drama City – Anagram||Nurse||KBS2|
|2005||Drama City – Everybody Cha Cha Cha|
|Ballad of Seodong||Eun-jin||SBS|
|2006||Pure in Heart||Yang Guk-hwa||KBS1|
|2007||The King and I||Queen Je-heon/Yoon So-hwa||SBS|
|2008||Strongest Chil Woo||Yoon So-yoon||KBS2|
|2009||Boys Over Flowers||Geum Jan-di|
|2011||The Musical||Go Eun-bi||SBS|
|2012||Take Care of Us, Captain||Han Da-jin|
|Absolute Darling||Guan Xiao Fei||GTV|
|2014||Heo Nanseolheon||Heo Nanseolheon/ Documentary narrator||MBC|
|Angel Eyes||Yoon Soo-wan||SBS|
|2015||Blood||Yoo Ri-ta/Yoo Chae-yoon||KBS2|
|2017||You Are Too Much||Jung Hae-dang (up until Episode 6, replaced by Jang Hee-jin)||MBC|
Ku Hye-sun doesn’t have so much work in movie industry. She has starred in two movies, but in one of them just as a cameo. Her first appearance on the big screen was in August Rush. This movie was an American produced movie where she made an appearance as a cameo.
In 2014, she worked as a director, screenwriter and also an actress for her movie called Daughter. She was cast for the role of San at that time.
|2007||August Rush||Girl on couch (cameo)||American production|
|2014||Daughter||San||Also director and screenwriter|
Ku Hye-Sun’s Appearance in a Reality Show
Ku Hye-sun got her first reality show after she married her husband in 2017. Ku and Ahn was chosen as the cast of tVN reality show called Newlywed Diary. The couple appeared from episode 1 until 6. They showed their chemistry, skinship and their daily life.
|2017||Newlywed Diary||Cast||Episode 1-6||tvN||with Ahn Jae-hyun|