Ahn Do Gyu’s Profile
- Name: 안도규 / Ahn Do Kyu (An Do Gyu)
- Also known as: 안도균 / Ahn Do Kyun (An Do Gyun)
- Profession: Actor
- Birthdate: 2000-Sep-28
- Star sign: Libra
- Talent agency: Ti Entertainment.
Ahn Do Gyu’s Movies and TV Shows
- Empress Ki (MBC, 2013)
- I Miss You (MBC, 2012)
- Full House Take 2 (SBS Plus, 2012)
- Horse Doctor (MBC, 2012)
- The 3rd Hospital (tvN, 2012)
- Man of Honor (KBS2, 2011)
- Birdie Buddy (tvN, 2011)
- Daughter in Law (SBS, 2008)
- Single Dad in Love (KBS2, 2008)
- Drama City (Ep. 아버지의 이름으로 / In the Name of the Father) (KBS2, 2008)
- Drama City (Ep. 그녀의 별이 반짝일때) (KBS2, 2007)
- Its Ok Because I Love You (KBS2, 2007)
- Werewolf Boy (2012)
- Rolling Home With A Bull (2010)
- Fly, Penguin (2009)
Ahn Do Kyu’s Height, Then and Now
Ahn Do Kyu was popular as young actor. Actually, for a child he was pretty tall. But now, Do Kyu has become a tall, charming boy with a popular face like his brother. His Height now is about 170 cm.
Ahn Do Kyu’s Brother, Ahn Jae Hyun
English Name: Ahn Jae Hyun (An Jae Hyeon)
Korean Name: 안재현
Date of Birth: July 1st, 1987
Star sign: Cancer
Agent: HB Entertainment
Ahn Jae-hyun had a pretty successful run as a model, and he appeared in many named magazines and famous TV commercials around 2009. He also appeared as a runway model for many designers, and even received several awards from the modelling industry, which made him a hot property among the young models. In 2009, at the 4th Asian Model Festival, he was awarded with the ‘Best New Model’ award, and later in 2013, he was honoured with the ‘Best Fashion Model’ award at the 8th Asian Model Festival Awards.
Naturally enough, his next big career goal was acting, and he started with a very small role in ‘High Society’ in 2011, where he played a delivery man. But that small role did great things for him, and he was immediately recognized by many which got him stints in several music videos for artists such as K Will, Sistar19 and Baek A-yeon. His rising popularity finally provided him with his first major role in the TV series entitled ‘My Love from another Star’.
This was going to be the defining role of his career, as he was playing the role of major actress Jun Ji-hyun’s younger brother on the show. He looked adorable, and the show was already immensely popular and being watched by almost every household in South Korea. Ahn’s performance was appreciated, and he started to get more acting jobs.
2014 came with better roles for Ahn and his career saw tremendous growth. He appeared in the comedy series ‘You’re all surrounded’, and also made his film debut in the same year with ‘Fashion King’, which turned out to be a moderate box office success. In the same year, Ahn was seen as the MC for Mnet’s weekly music show ‘M! Countdown’.
- His career was picking up pace, and in the next year he appeared in the TV series ‘Blood’, which was als0 the first lead role of his career. Ahn played the role of a vampire in the series, who also happened to be a doctor, working in one of the best cancer hospitals in the country. His role wasn’t entirely cold, as he played a vampire suffering from loneliness, and wanting to get close to any person. His portrayal was minimalist, and was highly applauded. Ahn went on to be nominated for two acting awards at the KBS Drama Awards that year for his sensible portrayal.