Meet The Korean Actress Oh Yeon-soo
Oh Yeon-soo is a South Korean actress. Yeon-soo made her debut in 1989 among a batch of actors who passed an open audition by broadcaster MBC. After that, Oh Yeon-soo became popular because of her innocent image. But, since her marriage to fellow actor Son Ji-chang, Yeon-soo has had a career playing more mature roles.
After her marriage, some of the roles she has played are of a single mother who rediscovers love in the drama A Second Proposal, a discontented housewife in a rivalry with a top ballerina in the drama The Queen Returns, and strong supporting characters in the historical dramas Jumong and Gyebaek.
Oh Yeon-soo’s Profile
Name: Oh Yeon-soo
Birthdate: October 27, 1971 (age 46)
Birthplace: Gumi, North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
Education: Dankook University – Theater and Film
Height: 165 cm
Years Active: 1989 – present
Spouse(s): Son Ji Chang
Children: 2 sons
Oh Yeon-soo’s Filmography
- Criminal Minds (tvN / 2017) – Hye-Won
- Triangle | Teuraiaenggeul (MBC / 2014) – Hwang Shin-Hye
- IRIS 2 | Airiseu 2 (KBS2 / 2013) – Choi Min
- Gye-Baek (MBC / 2011) – Sa Taek-Bi
- Bad Guy | Nabbeun Namja (SBS / 2010)
- The Queen Returns | Kongjuga Dolawatda (KBS2 / 2009) – Cha Do-Kyeong
- Bittersweet Life | Dalkomhan Insaeng (MBC / 2008) – Yoon Hye-Jin
- Prince of the Legend | Jumong (MBC / 2006-2007) – Yu-Hwa
- A Farewell to Sorrow | Seulpeumiyeo Annyeong (KBS2 / 2005)
- Second Proposal | Dubyeonjjae Peureopojeu (KBS2 / 2004)
- Snow Flakes | Nun saram (MBC / 2003)
- Hard Love | Keojimeobneun Sarang (KBS / 2002)
- Revenge and Passion | Bok-su-hyeol-jeon (MBC / 1997)
- Son and Daughter | Adeulgwa Ddal (MBC / 1992)
- South Bound | Namjjeukeuro Twieo (2013) – An Bong-Hee
- The Happenings | Amazing Men | Gimaghin sanaedeul (1998) – Y
- Firebird | Bulsae (1997)
- Piano in Winter | Pianoga itneun gyeoul (1995) – Hye-jin
- Rules of the Game | Gameui beobjig (1994) – Tae-suk
- General’s Son III | Janggunui adeul III (1992)
- Women Upstairs, Men Downstairs | Alaecheung yeojawa wicheung namja (1992)
Oh Yeon-soo’s Husband
As we know, Oh Yeon-soo married fellow actor Son Ji-chang in 1998, and they have two children. Apparently, this couple used to date secretly for 6 years before finally deciding to get married. This is evidenced in one of JTBC’s programs My Foreigner Friend when Oh Yeon-soo headed off on a beach trip to Amalfi, Italy, with her foreigner friend Jovana and Jovana’s family.
The both of them, Yeon-soo and Jovana, open up about each other while enjoying the leisure of sitting by the beach. Oh Yeon-soo told Jovana, “I never got to have a date with my husband out in public. We dated for 6 years, and the only places we met were each other’s houses.”
Oh Yeon-soo and top 90’s singer and actor Son Ji-chang took Korea by storm back when they announced their surprise marriage in 1998, as well as the fact that they had been dating in secret for 6 years.
What a surprise couple!