Lee Min-young, born on February 6, 1976, is a South Korean actress. Lee Min-young began her career as a child actress when she was four years old and appeared steadily in television dramas. After a five-year hiatus, she returned to acting in 2011 in dramas Kimchi Family followed by You’re Only Mine in 2014.
Name: Lee Min-young
Birthdate: February 6, 1976 (age 42)
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Education: Dankook University – Theater and Film
Height: 165 cm
Years Active: 1980 – present
Spouse(s): Lee Chan (2006, disvorced)
- Your House Helper | Dangshinui Hawooseuhelpeo (KBS2 / 2018) – An Jin-Hong
- Strongest Deliveryman | Choigangbaedalkkun (KBS2 / 2017) – Soon-Ae
- Here Comes Love | Sarangi Oneyo (SBS / 2016) – Na Sun-Young
- Only My Love | Namanui Dangshin (SBS / 2014) – Ko Eun-Jung
- Kimchi Family | Balhyogajog (JTBC / 2011-2012) – Lee Woo-Joo
- Love and Ambition (2006)
- The Land | Doji (SBS / 2004)
- Like Father Unlike Son | Abuji Chuh Rum Sal Ki Silhetteo (KBS2 / 2001-2002) – Gu Mi-Sook
- More Than Words Can Say | Jongeun Keol Eoddeokhae (KBS / 2000-2001) – Jang Mi-Joo
- The Reason for My Living | Naega Saneun Yiyu (MBC / 1997)
- Medical Brothers | Uiga hyeongje (MBC / 1997)
- Sibling Relations | Dongkikan (MBC / 1996)
- Partner | Jjak (MBC / 1994-1998) – Hyeong-Ju
- The Most Beautiful Goodbye | Sesangyeseo Gajang Ahreumdawoon Ilbyeon (1996) – Jung Yun-Soo
- Family Photo (2012)
- The Wooden Horse That Went to Sea (1980)
- This Pain of the Woman (1980)
Most Korean artists accept operations to beautify themselves, but Lee Min-young underwent an operation to recover after the violence she experienced. The violence itself occurred in 2007 and was carried out by her ex-husband Lee Chan who was rumored to have hit Lee Min-young and kick her.
Because of this incident, Lee Min-young suffered a nose fracture and a miscarriage of the fetus that he conceived. But, Lee Chan said that the accusation of kicking Lee Min-young’s stomach was a lie, while Lee Min-young had to undergo surgery. Because of that, Lee Min-young divorced Lee Chan.
But, it didn’t discourage this beautiful actress from her career. Lee Min-young proved that she can still play spectacularly in dramas and movies even now. Keep fighting, Lee Min-young!