Even after their wedding, the couple gained massive popularity particularly in South Korea, Choo’s home country. They were nominated as the hottest celebrity couple. Appearing on a episode SBS’s “Same Bed Different Dreams 2 – You Are My Destiny”, Choo Jahyun and her husband went on a date. In that episode, the show achieved the highest rating of all their episodes almost double other shows in the same time slot. Viewers loved the interactions between the newlywed couple. The couple’s story and chemistry caught people’s hearts, and this made them popular in South Korea and internationally.
Recently, the couple has made a happy announcement because they are expecting their first child. Choo’s agency, BH entertainment confirmed last October that Choo is 2 months pregnant. According to them, Choo is expected to give birth in July or August. Because of their popularity among Korean and Chinese people, the 2 countries are also happy to hear about Choo’s pregnancy, and can’t wait to see the couple become parents.
Choo Ja-hyun’s Drama
Choo is also popular from her appearances in various dramas since her debut. Not only popular in Korea, she is also popular in China, where she took roles in Chinese dramas. Here is the list of Jahyun’s dramas in Korea and China.
Korean Drama List:
- Feeling of Growing Up (SBS/1996)
- Miss & Mister (SBS/1997)
- The Eldest (MBC/1998)
- KAIST (SBS/1999)
- The last war (MBC/1999)
- Legends of Love (SBS/2000)
- Because of You (MBC/2000)
- Cruise of Love (KBS/2000)
- Outing (SBS/2001)
- Successful Story of a Bright Girl (SBS/2002)
- Sunrise House (SBS/2002)
- Apgujeong House (SBS/2003)
- Oh Feel Young (KBS2/2004)
- Family Scandal (OCN/2005)
- A Man Called God (MBC/2010)
- Misty (JTBC/2018)
Chinese Drama List:
- 2003 Scent of Love (TTV)
- 2007 The Legend of the Banner Hero (CCTV-8)
- 2007 The Legend of Chu Liuxiang (CCTV-8)
- 2007 Let Love Rain Like Pearls
- 2011 The Temptation to Go Home (Hunan TV)
- 2012 Wipe Out the Bandits of Wulong Mountain (Hunan TV)
- 2012 Turbulence of the Mu Clan (CCTV-8)
- 2013 Hu Xian (HNTV)
- 2013 Legend of Southwest Dance and Music (CCTV-8)
- 2014 Xiu Xiu’s Men (ZJSTV)
- 2014 Gorgeous Workers (JSTV)
Choo Ja-hyun’s Movies
Besides her remarkable acting career inside and outside of Korea, Choo also appeared in movies. One of her famous appearances is her portrayal of a ravaged drug addict in Bloody Tie, a film noir about the meth trade in 1990s Busan. She won recognition from the Grand Bell Awards, the Korean Film Awards, and the Director’s Cut Awards, as well as nominations from the Blue Dragon Film Awards and the Baeksang Arts Awards.
This was followed by Missing (2009), a slasher film in which Choo’s character is determined to find her younger sister, who’s been abducted by a psychopathic farmer who rapes and murders young women.
In China, she was cast as Du Chun’s leading lady in The Legend of the Banner Hero (also known as Clan Feuds), adapted from Taiwanese novelist Gu Long’s wuxia novel of the same title. It was filmed in 2005, and aired in 2007. In late 2007, Choo was part of the main cast of another Gu Long adaptation, The Legend of Chu Liuxiang. The drama made her name popular, as she also has a Chinese stage name, Qiu Cixuan.
- 1996 The Adventures of Mrs. Park as Hye-soo
- 2005 Short Time as Yang Jung-ae
- 2005 Travel in Fog
- 2006 Bloody Tie as Ji-young
- 2008 Portrait of a Beauty as Seol-hwa
- 2009 Missing as Hyun-jung
- 2010 Le Grand Chef 2: Kimchi Battle as Seong-chan’s mother (cameo)
- 2010 Loveholic as Ji-heun
- 2011 Short! Short! Short! 2010: Fantastic Theater as Lee Seo-yeon
- 2014 The Boundary