The name of actor Kim Jin-woo might be familiar for you. Yes, he is a South Korean actor and singer. Born in 1983, Kim Jin-woo started his acting career in musical theatre. Since then, he has starred in various television series. His best roles known are roles such as Queen In-hyun’s Man (2012), The Birth of a Family (2012), Can’t Take It Anymore (2013) and The Return of Hwang Geum-bok (2015). Not only is he an actor, Kim also has an interest in music, and has sung some drama soundtracks. He took roles such as Only You, track from Road No. 1 OST and Laughing and Crying, a track from Smile, Mom OST. The most recent work of Kim Jin-woo is a comedy drama Welcome to Waikiki, and that is one of many dramas you should watch featuring Kim Jin-woo. If you are curious about Kim Jin-woo’s profile and filmography, stay tuned on Channel-Korea!
Kim Ji-woo’s Profile
Name: Kim Jin-Woo
Born: July 17, 1983
Birthplace: South Korea
Height: 183 cm.
Blood Type: B
Kim Jin-woo’s TV Shows
- Welcome to Waikiki | Eulachacha Waikiki (JTBC / 2018) – Sol-Yi’s father (ep.20)
- Rain or Shine | Geunyang Saranghaneun Sai (JTBC / 2017-2018) – Section Chief Lee
- Reunited Worlds | Dashi Mannan Segye (SBS / 2017) – Cha Tae-Hoon
- The Unusual Family | Byeolnan Gajok (KBS1 / 2016) – Goo Yoon-Jae
- Remember (SBS / 2015-2016) – Kang Suk-Kyu
- The Return of Hwang Geum-Bok | Dolaon Hwanggeumbok (SBS / 2015) – Seo In-Woo
- My Lovely Girl | Naegen Neomoo Sarangseureowoon Geunyeo (SBS / 2014) – Seo Jae-Young
- Golden Cross (KBS2 / 2014) – man who has an affair with Kim Se-Ryeong (cameo)
- Can’t Take It Anymore | Deo Isangeun Mot Chama (JTBC / 2013-2014) – Jo Sung-Woo
- The Birth of a Family | Kajogui Tansaeng (SBS / 2012-2013) – Lee Soo-Ho
- The Lord of Dramas | Deuramaui Jaewang (SBS / 2012-2013) – Kim Jin-Woo (cameo)
- Queen In-Hyun’s Man | Inhyeonwanghooui Namja (tvN / 2012) – Han Dong-Min
- 12 Signs of Love | Ilnyeone Yeoldu Namja (tvN / 2012) – Won-Bin
- Can’t Live With Losing | Jikoneun Motsalah (MBC / 2011) – So Joo-Hyun
- Smile Mom | Wooteoyo Eomma (SBS / 2010) – Bae Yeon-Woo
- Road No. 1 | Rodeu Neombeowon (MBC / 2010) – Su-Yeon’s brother
Kim Jin-woo’s TV Movies
- I’m After You | Neoreul Norinda (SBS / 2015) – Min Hyung-Woo
- Drama Special: Bride in Sneakers | Wundonghwareul Sineun Sinbu (KBS2 / 2014) – Jang Hee-Soon
- I Remember You | Neol Kiukhae (SBS / 2011)
Kim Jin-woo’s Movies
- Biting Fly | Soepari (2017) – Kang Hae-Wook
- Virgin Theory : 7 Steps To Get On The Top | Hanbeondo Anhaebon Yeoja (2014) – Sang-Woo
- Fly High | Bisang (2009) – Young-Ho
Who is Kim Jin-woo’s Girlfriend?
Until now, Kim Jin-woo has no records of his relationship status. He is known for being single, or maybe being in a relationship secretly. His agency has also never given any statements regarding his status.
But, after his role in Queen In-hyun’s Man, he rumored to be with his co-star, Yoo In-na. They are known for being good friends during their shoot for the drama. Paparazzi photos of the two taking a break during their filming for the drama surfaced online recently. The photos grabbed the attention of numerous fans and netizens. They noticed that both stars wore similar sandals of the same brand ,while treating themselves to ice cream bars during a hot day.
Netizens expressed their thoughts on the scene, “They look good together“, “Those couple sandals look so cute“, and “Haha, busted“.
For those who are new to the drama, ‘Queen In Hyun’s Man’ aired on April 18th 2012. ‘Queen In Hyun’s Man’ is a romantic comedy drama that revolves around a Chosun-period scholar who travels forward 300 years in time and meets a beautiful actress. In the first and second episode, Hallyu star Han Dong Min (Kim Jin Woo) recommends the role of Queen In Hyun to his former girlfriend, Choi Hee Jin (Yoo In Na) in his new film in order to rekindle their lost relationship. However, Choi Hee Jin hesitates to accept the role due to painful memories.
Part-time Job Before Debuting as an Actor, Kim Jin-woo’s Story
In a TV Show, Kim Jin-woo shared his story before debuting as a successful actor on the small and big screen.
The February 4 2017, “Entertainment Weekly” featured an interview with the actor, who talked about the many part time jobs he’s had to do over the years, revealing, “Everything that you know of, I’ve tried.”
When asked if there was one in particular that was difficult, he said, “Selling roasted chestnuts. It was so cold that I suffered from frostbite. I sold nearly nothing for three months before I finally came up with a strategy.”
He said, “I smiled broadly and asked if they wanted to try out a chestnut first. There were a lot of older women [who liked that].”
Continuing, he revealed, “I think that’s around the time when I started to get more opportunities to star on daily dramas.”
We all agree that Jin-woo is a hardworking and talented actor right? We always hope that he will achieve what he has dreamed of and be successful! Good luck Kim Jin-woo!