Who is Bae Yong-joon?
Bae Yong-joon is a South Korean actor, businessman, and author. As an actor, he has won multiple awards. Bae Yong-joon gained popularity early in his career. This brought him to the attention of TV producers, led to him starring in popular shows, and eventually registering his name as one of the most talented actors of his generation. Let’s get to know more about Bae Yong-joon!
Bae Yong-joon’s Profile (Age, Net Worth, etc.) and Facts
Bae Yong-joon’s Profile
- Name: Bae Yong-joon
- Profession: Actor, businessman, writer
- Place, date of birth: Mapo, South Korea, August 29th, 1972
- Height: 180 cm
- Weight: 75 kg
- Star sign: Virgo
- Blood type: O
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Net worth: Around $135 million (2017)
- Bae Yong-joon is under KEYEAST Entertainment.
- Bae Yong-joon went to Hanyoung High School. He then continued his studies at Sungkyunkwan University, majoring in Film, TV & Multimedia in 2000. However, after careful thought, he eventually quit college in March 2005 to focus more on his career.
- As a child, Bae Yong-joon was very fond of Taekwondo, and ended up suffering an injury in the eyes as a result of being kicked.
- He is good at swimming, water skiing, snowboarding, bowling, and kendo.
- His hobby is fishing.
- Bae Yong-joon was losing interest in acting and looking out for other creative things to do. Writing a book was on his to-do list. Bae Yong-joon released his first book in 2004, entitled The Image: Volume 1 and the book has sold more than 1,000,000 copies.
- Besides writing, Bae Yong-joon also started a restaurant business. He is now giving his full attention to his blooming restaurant business, which has expanded to Japan.
All About Bae Yong-joon and His Family (Wife Park Soo-jin, Baby, etc.)
In 2004, Bae Yong-joon dated commercial and music video director Lee Sa-kang. But, the relationship didn’t go well. He then dated the rich heiress Koo So-hee, daughter of LS Industrial Systems vice chairman Koo Ja-kyun, from September 2013 to February 2015. However, the relationship with her also didn’t make it to the altar.
Bae Yong-joon then dated actress Park Soo-jin, and she was the one he finally accepted as his lifelong partner. The couple got engaged in May 2015. On July 27, 2015, just two months after the engagement, they got married. The wedding was a private affair, which took place in the Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel in Gwangjin, Seoul, South Korea. The couple had their first child, a boy, on October 23, 2016. On April 10, 2018, Park Soo-jin gave birth to their second child, a baby girl. So, they now have two children.
Bae Yong-joon’s Filmography: List of Movies and Dramas
Bae Yong-joon’s Dramas
|1994||Salut D’Amour||Kim Young-min||KBS2|
|1995||Our Sunny Days of Youth||Ha Seok-joo||KBS2|
“Six Steps to Separation”
|Sea Breeze||Jang Moon-young||PSB|
|First Love||Sung Chan-woo||KBS2|
|1997||The Angel Within||Man in cafe (cameo)||KBS2|
|1998||The Barefooted Youth||Han Yo-seok/ Jang Yo-seok||KBS2|
|1999||Did We Really Love?||Kang Jae-ho||MBC|
|2001||Hotelier||Shin Dong-hyuk/ Frank Shin||MBC|
|2002||Winter Sonata||Kang Joon-sang/ Lee Min-hyeong||KBS2|
|2007||Hotelier||Shin Dong-hyuk (cameo, episode 1)||TV Asahi|
|The Legend||Damdeok/ Hwan-woong||MBC|
|2009||Winter Sonata Anime||Kang Joon-sang/ Lee Min-hyeong (voice)||SKY PerfecTV!|
|2011||Dream High||Jung Ha-myung (guest, episodes 1-4)||KBS2|
Bae Yong-joon’s Movies
|1994||The Young Man||N/A|
|1997||PpilKu||Shock member (bit part)|
Bae Yong-joon’s Most Memorable Drama: Winter Sonata
Winter Sonata (also known as Winter Love Story, Winter Love Song or Winter Ballad) is a South Korean drama series that aired on KBS2 from January 14th, 2002 to March 19th, 2002. With total of 20 episodes, the filming primarily took place on the resort island of Namiseom and Seoul.
The story tells about Joon-sang who moves to a new high school in search of his biological father. On a trip together with his high school mates, Joon-sang saves Yu-jin from an accident. They became close, and Yu-jin opens up Joon-sang’s cold heart. However, Joon-sang suddenly disappears from Yu-jin’s life.
Ten years later, Yu-jin is going to marry her childhood friend, Sang-hyuk, who has apparently loved her since high school. However, Yu-jin, who was deeply in love with Joon-sang, still has a fire in her heart for Joon-sang. On Yu-jin and Sang-hyuk’s gathering event, their high school friends come, including Joon-sang, who came as somebody else’s boyfriend.
It’s touching and complicated love story involving family issues, and that made the drama one of the most successful and popular dramas in South Korea. It has also been adapted into a stage musical and an anime series. The anime adaptation was released in Japan in 2009, and had a great reception. Bae Yong-joon dubbed his own character, Joon-sang, in the anime. As a result, his fan in Japan increased. He even got the nick name “Yong-sama (Lord Yong)” from the fans.
Even though Bae Yong-joon has not made any appearance in dramas recently, he is still getting lots of recognition. Whichever the career path he chooses, may he always walk on a flowery path. Let’s keep supporting Bae Yong-joon!