Get Closer to Famous Leader from Girl’s Generation, Kim Taeyeon
Who does not know the Leader of the most famous Girl Group in South Korea Girl’s Generation, Kim Taeyeon? Almost all K-POP fans around the world recognize the figure of Kim Taeyon. She debuted with Girls Generation in 2007. She had been a trainee at SM Entertainment’s Starlight Academy during her middle school for three years. She also participated in the agency’s projects Girls’ Generation-TTS and SM the Ballad.
Due to her increasingly high career and her very beautiful voice, Kim Taeyeon decided to debut as a soloist in 2015 under SM Entertainment. As a solo artist, Taeyeon has received several awards, including four Golden Disc Awards, two Mnet Asian Music Awards, two Seoul Music Awards, two Seoul International Drama Awards, one Mnet 20’s Choice Award, one Melon Music Award, one Cyworld Digital Music Award , and one Gaon Chart Music Award.
Let’s look at the full profile about Kim Taeyeon!
Full Profile of Girls Generation Kid Leader, Kim Taeyeon
Real Name : Kim Taeyeon
Stage Name : Taeyeon
Nicknames : Taeng, Taengoo (Taeng9), Tete, Kid Leader, ByunTaeng (pervert Taeng), JumTaeng
Date of Birth : March 9, 1989
Age : 29 years old
Position : Leader and Main Vocal
Height : 158 cm
Weight : 45 kg
Zodiac : Pisces
Blood Type : A
Training Duration : 3 years 3 months
Education : Jeonju Art High School
Hobby : Swimming
Interests : Makeup, Perfume, Music
Language : Korean (Fluent), English, Chinese (Basic), Japanese (Basic)
Speciality : Trot
Agency : SM Entertainment
Fun Facts about Kim Taeyeon
- Her favourite color is purple.
- She hates doing aegyo.
- She used to date EXO‘s Baekhyun.
- She was cast in We Got Married. Her husband on WGM was Jung Hyung Don.
- In October 2017, her contract with SM Ent. expired, but she decided to renew it.
- On November 28, 2017, Taeyeon was involved in a car accident due to her own careless driving.
- She sometimes sleepwalks. She also talks in her sleep.
- She has a bad memory.
- She is short-sighted, so she wears contact lens.
- She likes cactus.
- Her favorite season is winter.
- Her favorite number is 9.
- Her musical talent comes from her parents. Her dad was a vocalist in a band and her mom had won children’s song competitions when she was young.
- She used to play the violin.
- She loves to eat gummy bears.
- Her vocal mentor is The One, who praised her as his most memorable student. Prior to SNSD, 15-year-old Taeyeon was featured on his song called You Bring Me Joy (Part 2). Six years later, in late 2010, the teacher-student duo re-teamed for a hit single Like a Star.
- Taeyeon is nicknamed OST Queen because she has numerous of #1 hit drama soundtracks.
- Taeyeon collects perfumes.
- Taeyeon has a infamous self-explanatory nickname, which is Byuntaeng means pervert taeng.
- Taeyeon is the SNSD member with the largest fanbase. Her fanbase is the largest among female idol singers in Korea.
- Her favourite fruits are Orange, Apple, Strawberry, and Tomato.
- Her favourite male artists are Kim Dong-Wan , Kang Dong-Won, Yoon Kye-Sang.
- Her favourite female artists are Han Ga-In , Kim Tae-Hee.
- Her favourite subjects when she was at school are Science, English, Hangul, and Sports.
- She used to travel from Seoul to her home almost everyday on her trainee days. School work was the main reason.
- Once when she was recording a solo, she did not sing well and she could not reach the high notes. She tried recording it again many times, but it was the same. She cried and everyone was shocked to see her crying. Tiffany, who couldn’t walk that time due to leg injuries, wanted to walk towards her to comfort her, but Hyoyeon stopped her from doing so. Taeyeon later said that she didn’t do well, and she cried because she was worrying about someone.
- Taeyeon once cried because she felt bad that while the members were eating on the table, the staff were eating on the floor.
- When she was young, she used to listen to the radio while studying. She says that radio listening has always been a part of her life.
- She can fall asleep anywhere.
- Taeyeon’s statement about her ideal type: “Wouldn’t the most basic factor be the guy’s pretty smile? To make their smile shine, it would be nice to have a guy with a clear white skin and red lips. I wish their style would look natural, no matter the location or time.”